• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Emerald Omega

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Pokemon Emerald Omega

IMPORTANT. READ FIRST:
Spoiler:

I would like to point out that I got Drayano's permission to release this, so any issues related to that has already been dealt with. I am NOT the creator of the original Fire Red Omega.

UPDATE: Hack of the Year 2014 (Sideshow Showcase)
Pokemon%20Emerald%20Omega_zpsq00oxxc3.png

I would like to thank those who voted for Pokemon Emerald Omega to be awarded Sideshow Showcase Hack of the Year 2014. I am grateful and honoured to have achieved such award and I definitely look forward to what 2015 has to offer.

What is this hack?

It's an Emerald Fan Version of Pokemon Fire Red Omega.

New features include
* Physical/Special split from Gen IV and onwards
* 71 Moves from future generations with complete animations (No old move is replaced).
New Moves:
Spoiler:

* Elekid, Smoochum, and Magby are your starters just as in Fire Red Omega.
* 450 Pokemon to catch. This is now the first English hack to be released with expanded Emerald Pokedex (I think).
List of added Pokemon:
Spoiler:

* This hack is only playable in SET battle style.
* You cannot use healing items such as Potions during battle, but you can use them outside of battle. However, items such as X Attack and Dire Hit can be used in battle.
* The Fairy-type is in the game.
* Boss fights now always use 6 Pokemon with good movesets.
* Opposing trainers have custom IVs, Nature, and EVs
* Gym TRAINERS now have customized movesets and Pokemon.
* Movesets inspired by the Pokemon X/Y movesets but edited since there are only 50 TMs. Be sure to visit the move relearner a lot.
* Some weaker Pokemon have got stat changes. None has changed in type. I wanted to avoid changing the original too much.
List of Fully Evolved Pokemon that got stat changes:
Spoiler:

* Running shoes work inside houses.
* All TMs can be used as many times as you like, to balance out the increased difficulty. However, some of them are now more difficult/expensive to obtain.
* Eggs hatch at level 1
* You gain experience from catching a Pokemon
* Some HM moves have been changed to be more useful.
These are:
Spoiler:

* Every rematch in the game has been updated. You may now challenge the Gym Leaders and Wally to both 2on2 and 1on1 battles which are constantly increasing in difficulty until you face their strongest at level 100 with good EVs.
* Steven has got an updated team when you team up with him against Team Magma to match the increased level curve.
* Face off against Red at the very end of the game
* Frontier Brains have got updated movesets so they fit in with the Special/Physical split
* All trade evolutions and annoying evolutions can now be done within the game/are no longer annoying
* A few evolutionary items can be bought at Verdanturf, all at Lilycove
* Old Rod is obtainable before the first Gym.
* In-game trades now give you Pokemon with good IVs.
* A new dungeon, Cave Of Memories, is accessible after beating the Elite Four.
* 1 New Ability (Skill Link)
* Glitch fixes (Pomeg and one involving PRNG)

Glitches
Spoiler:

To do list
Spoiler:

Screenshots
ScreenShot2014-04-27at51203PM_zps8309bbfb.png
ScreenShot2014-04-27at64845PM_zps820f8f82.png

ScreenShot2014-04-27at63324PM_zpsba27bf45.png
ScreenShot2014-04-27at50900PM_zps92fa8ef4.png

Tools
Spoiler:

Credits
  • Drayano for his amazing Fire Red Omega (and all his other hacks).
  • Chaos Rush for his Roost routine, 64x64 DS Sprite Resource, Emerald Pokedex Expansion and overall being an awesome hacker who puts work into inventing and then shares it with the community!
  • Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay for his ASM on giving trainers EVs and his Physical/Special split as well as move effects and move animations as well as contributing heaps to community
  • Tlatchtli for Battle effects, Animations, Phys/Spec icons, and overall a lot of inspiration. Probably the best Emerald Hacker out there along with Chaos Rush
  • Ipatix for DPPt music patch.
  • gogojjtech for HGSS music patch
  • Jambo51 for all his amazing work (such as expanding the move table)
  • Dreamengine, 11bayerf1, Shadowraze Spherical Ice, KDS, and every1 over at the move resource thread for move animations to Fire Red (and myself for translating them to Emerald. However, they did the hard work here and deserve the credit).
  • Hackmew for his research
  • Pia Carrot for teaching me how to edit the dual battle with Steven.
  • SkyLine for his Emerald Stabilization tutorial.
  • LCCool95 for the infinite TMs
  • Tajaro for his scripting tutorial.
  • Diegoisawesome for his scripting tutorial.
  • Creators of all above mentioned tools.
  • Aruaruu for giving me flags for special event tickets.

I have probably missed someone. If you find something in this hack which you invented and are not credited for, please inbox me and I will be sure to add you!

Download link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/88a1ojo2kbetpwu/Emerald_Omega.zip

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
There is a Glitch that makes it impossible to play the Pokemon Contest. I have been too lazy to even try to fix that as the contest has never interested me, but I might give it a go in the future (You can still get the Pockeblock case).

What exactly happens when you try and enter a contest?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Do the starters evolve into their final forms? Electivire and Magmortar?

No Pokemon from future generations are included. Thus, Electivire and Magmortar are not in this game. However, Electabuzz, Jynx, and Magmar have had raised stats and completely revamped move pools (the same way as in Fire Red Omega) and are all extremely useful in this game.

What exactly happens when you try and enter a contest?

The lady just keeps telling me that the player has won a prize and then that text box stays on the screen until you exit the building. I have seen this glitch in other hacks, too. Do you know how to solve it?

My initial thought was just to rewrite an exact replica of the old script and insert it again, but I haven't done it yet as it has not been a priority. I will more than likely do it very soon unless someone else has already found a solution :) So... I'm open for suggestions.

Near~

The End is Near...
Years
Just a quick note:
15 Posts- is not hard to get, the pokecommunity is full of threads where you can post, but of course not just spam;)
Anyways pretty cool that you moved it to emerald pretty sweet!

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
The lady just keeps telling me that the player has won a prize and then that text box stays on the screen until you exit the building. I have seen this glitch in other hacks, too. Do you know how to solve it?

My initial thought was just to rewrite an exact replica of the old script and insert it again, but I haven't done it yet as it has not been a priority. I will more than likely do it very soon unless someone else has already found a solution :) So... I'm open for suggestions.

Do you happen to know when this occured? What did you just edit in the rom, if you were using cheats/a hacked savefile (unlikely causelolno.) and other things at the time?

I don't think rewriting it will work...I compared the original to your script and didn't find any difference at all.. :\

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
The weird thing about it is that I have been very careful with only using free space and only used save files that are not hacked or used in other hacks.

What I've also done is that I've opened my save file that I've used on the hacked game on a clean ROM and the problem is still there.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
The weird thing about it is that I have been very careful with only using free space and only used save files that are not hacked or used in other hacks.

What I've also done is that I've opened my save file that I've used on the hacked game on a clean ROM and the problem is still there.

Okay I just tested it on normal mode using my own save and it worked fine except that the receptionist walked through the counter. Probably due to the positioning of said person.

Would you mind posting a screenshot in attachments of the what the receptionist says?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
I can't add any more attachments and deleting my previous ones would be breaking the rules. Need 15 posts :/

What she says is:

"Congratulations! Your POKeMON is the CONTEST winner! We have your prize right here. Please, right this way!"

This box then stays on the page. I was thinking it could have something to do with flags but Ive only used those in the 1200's and 1400's.

It seems like it is an event that happens in my game that triggers her to do this. I should probably do a quick run-through without activating any event and then see which one it is.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I can't add any more attachments and deleting my previous ones would be breaking the rules. Need 15 posts :/

What she says is:

"Congratulations! Your POKeMON is the CONTEST winner! We have your prize right here. Please, right this way!"

This box then stays on the page. I was thinking it could have something to do with flags but Ive only used those in the 1200's and 1400's.

It seems like it is an event that happens in my game that triggers her to do this. I should probably do a quick run-through without activating any event and then see which one it is.

The flags seem too high. I think that could be causing issues with vars. I'm not sure as I lack much experience with vars.

When I added events to my hack I just removed some items from the map and used their flags. (the number in the person ID field)

How does Scyther evolve in this hack?

Level. 42

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
The flags seem too high. I think that could be causing issues with vars. I'm not sure as I lack much experience with vars.

When I added events to my hack I just removed some items from the map and used their flags. (the number in the person ID field)

That may be true. I thought those flags were safe after using multiple tutorials. I will try to fix this issue I have with the contest and if I run into more problems I will probably change flags and delete items. If everything is fine I'll just leave it be.

Thanks for the help, I just realized that you have helped me before since I read a chat log u had on the flags required to activate special event tickets, so I'll give u some credit in the original post.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Ok, I've updated the download link with the latest update. It includes:

- National Dex event after you beat the Elite Four has been updated so it makes more sense with the story line
- Shift/Set battle style has been changed so you can't see which Pokemon is coming out. I got inspiration from an early version of Yet Another Fire Red Hack by Doesn'tKnowHowToPlay on this so he deserves credit for it
- Changed a few locations of wild Pokemon to give more choices on how to beat early boss fights
- Changed every flag in the game and deleted items. Now, all flags should be safe and glitches such as the Pokemon Contest should be fixed. Overall, the game should be much more stable.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
I've recently played the game myself, and it's pretty good. I do have some suggestions, though.

-Add Poliwag earlier on, so that players can have an easier time against Flannery
-Give Onix Rock Head back, and if you want to keep Sand Stream, replace Sturdy instead
-Maybe give Steelix Sand Stream too?
-Give Tyranitar a second ability, so that it can be used by people who don't want their own team hurt by Sandstorm. Perhaps something like Intimidate or Battle Armor?

Reactions: Hab
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Thank you for your suggestions classiccartoonsftw

-Add Poliwag earlier on, so that players can have an easier time against Flannery

I considered this for quite a bit before. The reason you get Poliwag after Flannery is simply because I thought she'd be too easy in the rain. When I played through the game I let Pupitar use Sandstorm which probably made her one of the easier boss fights in the game. With the sun is up, I'd say she's kind of on par with other gym leaders since you get access to Pokemon like Swampert before you face her.

I do like the idea of an earlier Poliwag though so I will definitely consider this feedback and see if I can give some of Flannery's Pokemon Sunny Day.

-Give Onix Rock Head back, and if you want to keep Sand Stream, replace Sturdy instead

Good idea.

-Maybe give Steelix Sand Stream too?

I was thinking of this before and I think the main reason for not giving Steelix Sandstream was to make Onix somewhat useful on its own. But yeah, I'll probably add it on Steelix, too.

-Give Tyranitar a second ability, so that it can be used by people who don't want their own team hurt by Sandstorm. Perhaps something like Intimidate or Battle Armor

I like this idea. Leaning towards Intimidate.

Overall, good suggestions! Thanks.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 10, 2017
Updates: The contest glitch is still there despite changing the flags, so I will be releasing a new update soon which should deal with that.

Some other upcoming changes:
- EVs and Natures to every Pokemon of every boss fight (each Pokemon edited separately)
- Reusable TMs

This should definitely make the game much more challenging while giving the player more opportunities to build a better team.

Years
Anyways I'll play this soon, now I am a bit busy, and for playing something I have Layton Vs. Phoenix, but when I have free time, I'll play this for sure! The idea is great! I haven't beaten FireRed Omega yet, but I have played a lot that game; I have seven badges in that game. There I started with Magby, here I may start with Elekid, as I have trained a Jynx before to level 83 in Yet Another Fire Red Hack and to level 100 in Crystal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back