• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Shiny Shuckle

Shiny Hunter
Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2007
using pokeradar found a chain of surskit of 44 and 42 and no shiny i accidently ran into a patch of grass both times and it was something else

Years
Okay, I started an emerald game. Exept it is on an emulator, and all 386 pokemon are obtainable without hacking. I will go for Shiny Mew once I get the ticket...

Also, I have SRed for about, 48 times. No Shiny Zapdos yet.

Emerald: Mew (soon)
Fire Red: Zapdos (Thanks Sceptile for telling me what SRing is.)
Diamond: Treecko (Over 80 hatched and still no shiny...)
FYI, emulators don't count and neither do hacks (be them ROM hacks or game-altering devices).

Well, Hi just wondering if I can join, I hunt for shiny's using the pokeradar, except for one legendary that I will SR until I get, although I am not going to tell you's :P

Currently I have 2 ponyta's caught with the pokeradar I traded one to my friend though (Richard Steel on this forum) , will post pics, but got to get camera, besides that, I am hunting for Ralts and Bagon then probably Skarmory and chansey.

So can I join?
Yes, you may join. Welcome!

I'm sooh gonna chain Seviper! After all that madness two years ago, I really feel I deserve a Disco Snake. The trick is, Dunsparces keep breaking my chains. Stupid swarms. *kicks Dunsparce back into the Dark Cave*

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Finally, finally, finally, I can begin resetting for Jirachi. It's about time, too, I had been bugging my kid brother about it all day. I'm going to start off only resetting for Dialga while going for Jirachi simply because I'm not sure if I could hunt for anything else while slowing down my soft resetting times. Good luck to everyone hunting.

Oh, yeah, my brother Pal Parked a couple of my shinies to his games...he said he just wanted to play with them, but in less than an hour, he traded all of them away (for other shinies, of course)! He says he wanted to make a shiny team. I doubt I'll be letting him do that again. He actually got some pretty nice shinies (like a Timid Roselia and Jolly Gallade), but he got a Mild shiny Deoxys with flawless IVs across the board. Obviously, it's hacked. But the person did a good job at trying to not to make it looked hacked, the Trainer Memo had the correct information.

MM, is there really a "Dark Cave" in Diamond and Pearl? That's probably one of the most bland things I've ever heard...

Years
Good luck, everyone. MM, is there really a "Dark Cave" in Diamond and Pearl? That's probably one of the most bland things I've ever heard...
FMM, is there really a "Dark Cave" in Diamond and Pearl? That's probably one of the most bland things I've ever heard...
Dark Cave was the cave in Johto where Dunsparce was found. ;)

The date's rolled over so I should be able to hunt for Seviper again uninterrupted. That is, once I finish stocking up on bred starters. ;)

Oh, and I saw a (possibly legit but that's always uncertain) shiny Mareep on the GTS. It went like a hotcake.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
OH, YA GOT MEH, MM!

I just caught a Modest Dialga with +25 IVs in every stat, AND it had flawless SDef. :( Hope I can get a shiny one soon that I don't have to do that again.

Two more hours of hunting, and I'm calling it a night. Guess I'll soft reset for Bulbasaur and Dialga. Good luck, everyone.

Edit: Dark Cave? I thought it was the Union Cave? Either way, I couldn't have possibly remembered something as insignificant as that about G/S/C, I was probably only 6 or 7 when they were out.

Edit2: Congrats, D_S! Now I just have to come in fourth. ;)

Last edited:

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
Make some noise!!

Thirteenth day of hunting Dialga. Heh "13", supposed to be an unlucky number... Got home and after eating some spaghetti, started up Sring for dialga once again at 6PM. Two hours and 28 minutes go by, nothing yet. 8:29PM...Looked at the current dialga, and think to myself "*Gasp!* It's different looki-" Bling Bling SHINYYYY!!!!! After approximately 7300SRs, 60+ hours of SRing over 13 days, It appeared. My Empoleon weakend it to a little less than a third of its HP with surf before it used Roar of Time to kill it. Sent out Brozong, used hypnosis and put it to sleep. Chucked a nest ball, no shakes and it broke out! Blah threw another one, again no shakes and it broke out x__x Useless!! Threw a Premier Ball..2 shakes and it broke out. !@*!##%^!!! It remained asleep. Contemplated switching in Chatot and use a weak attack to lower its hp some more, but I just chucked one of my only 3 Luxury Balls in randomness...One..two...three. It was caught!!! Shiny #30 (28th caught) for me. Nicknamed him "EndBringer" It brought an end to my frozen state of perpetual Sring for him :p Anyways Pics (good camera this time :p):
Green time dragon appeared!!
Cheap attempt to capture the shiny stars after it escaped a Nest ball
Shiny Dex Entry!!
Luxurios capture
DialgaLax?
Stats, I have a feeling they aren't too good x__x
IV's are:
HP: 13
Att: 20
Def: 16
SpA: 22
SpD: 16
Spd: 6

WOOO lol yes, Dialga's mine. Guess I'm 3rd in the Great Dialga Race :D Not as bad IVs as I'd thought too, Speed is still garbage though xD oh well. Lol I should've Synchro Sr like MM did but I was afraid it might somehow affect the shiny rate like MM was beginning to suspect, but was proven wrong. I'll definitely try it for the next time I sr though. Speaking of which I have to decide on a new target, I'll probably beat the 8th gym first though :p Good luck to everyone on their hunts!!
(yeah lazy copy & paste between forums FTW!!)

Last edited:
Years
WooW, everyone's getting their Dialgas now! Congrats, DS! Mine's modest and has only somewhat cruddy IVs. ;)

I feel sorry for Fufu. He just waived off a strong Dialga to keep hunting, only to end up last in the race. He also just recently saw that uncatchable shiny Zig.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Thirteenth day of hunting Dialga. Heh "13", supposed to be an unlucky number... Got home and after eating some spaghetti, started up Sring for dialga once again at 6PM. Two hours and 28 minutes go by, nothing yet. 8:29PM...Looked at the current dialga, and think to myself "*Gasp!* It's different looki-" Bling Bling SHINYYYY!!!!! After approximately 7300SRs, 60+ hours of SRing over 13 days, It appeared. My Empoleon weakend it to a little less than a third of its HP with surf before it used Roar of Time to kill it. Sent out Brozong, used hypnosis and put it to sleep. Chucked a nest ball, no shakes and it broke out! Blah threw another one, again no shakes and it broke out x__x Useless!! Threw a Premier Ball..2 shakes and it broke out. !@*!##%^!!! It remained asleep. Contemplated switching in Chatot and use a weak attack to lower its hp some more, but I just chucked one of my only 3 Luxury Balls in randomness...One..two...three. It was caught!!! Shiny #30 (28th caught) for me. Nicknamed him "EndBringer" It brought an end to my frozen state of perpetual Sring for him :p Anyways Pics (good camera this time :p):
Green time dragon appeared!!
Cheap attempt to capture the shiny stars after it escaped a Nest ball
Shiny Dex Entry!!
Luxurios capture
DialgaLax?
Stats, I have a feeling they aren't too good x__x
IV's are:
HP: 13
Att: 20
Def: 16
SpA: 22
SpD: 16
Spd: 6

WOOO lol yes, Dialga's mine. Guess I'm 3rd in the Great Dialga Race :D Not as bad IVs as I'd thought too, Speed is still garbage though xD oh well. Lol I should've Synchro Sr like MM did but I was afraid it might somehow affect the shiny rate like MM was beginning to suspect, but was proven wrong. I'll definitely try it for the next time I sr though. Speaking of which I have to decide on a new target, I'll probably beat the 8th gym first though :p Good luck to everyone on their hunts!!
(yeah lazy copy & paste between forums FTW!!)
I got this dialga because my friend and I, everyone calls him Orange Dude cause he has a Shiny Geo, we SRed for a Shiny Dialga. And we got it... his game is Lucas then the >.< sign. I received a Dialga in GTS with the OT Lucas>.<

LordxDanswich

Lord of the Sammich!
Years
Yes, after three days of resetting my game and changing the clock so i don't lose the swarm, and god knows how many broken chains, i finally got my shiny magnemite, two actually.

I don't have much time right now, so i'll post what happened later, hopefully with some pictures as well.

Dark Steelix Lv X

Final Atomic Buster
Years
WooW, everyone's getting their Dialgas now! Congrats, DS! Mine's modest and has only somewhat cruddy IVs. ;)

I feel sorry for Fufu. He just waived off a strong Dialga to keep hunting, only to end up last in the race. He also just recently saw that uncatchable shiny Zig.

Yeah Fufu definitely deserves a new shiny after that useless shiny pooch appeared.Heh yeah that synchro SR worked out great for you, you even had your doubts about it too. Lol I'm definitely going to Synchro SR next time I Sr for something. For now I'm focusing on Chimchar in Pearl. I have to get it already so I can move on in Pearl. Good luck to everyone on their hunts! Congrats Kratos on the shiny magnemites!

BG pokemon freak

Has 6 Shiny pokemon ... YAY
Years
congrats to everybody !!!
especially MM, couse he's been reseting like crazy

I have nothing exciting to tell you .... yet.
no shinyes on frie red, no on saphire

and no shinies using PokeRadar on the emulator ....
how do you do it ???

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
=/ I'm not in last place just yet! Roselia_Rozureido still hasn't gotten his yet.

Currently resetting for Jirachi and Latias simultaneously. I've only done three today, and 8 in total.

Dragon Tamer Ed

Formerly DarkParukia
Years
Nothing new here, because I haven't been hunting. Congrats Steelix on Dialga and Kratos on Magnie. I don't hunt for shiny legendaries (BTW Rotom is NOT a legendary) because I only hunt shinies that I could use in battle without seeming n00bish. That way I can show 'em off better. Just been getting ready to trade & battle, and been doing some deep moveset planning. And I'm about to start Homework...

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Right now as I'm typing this, I'm fighting a shiny Dialga! I was watching AOTS (Attack of the Show), when I looked down, and the Dialga was obviously green...about one and a half seconds later...the shiny noise sound off! YES...

First turn, I knew my Alakazam would be killed, so I used Kineses. Dialga was faster than me (my Alakazam is at level 21), and, needless to say, Kazam fainted, so I sent out Bronzong. Hypnosis missed, and just this turn I used Strength (purposely, it'll help in the future); Dialga used Roar of Time. Now Bronzong will use Hypnosis while Dialga recharges...IT MISSED! OH NOEZ!!! I'm healing Bronzong with a Max Potion...Dialga used Roar of Time again! C'Mon, don't miss, Hypnosis...yessssss, it was successful! Oh, wait, I should take a picture! *takes pic* I've set up a Light Screen, and I am switching to Bibarel (courtesy of MM for the idea :D). Bibarel's Super Fang has just cut its HP in half...now in half again, and it's still asleep! I'm pretty sure it will wake up next turn, so I'm going to use Yawn...wow, I was right...thankfully, it used Metal Claw, which only did about 18%. Damn, its Attack was raised...now it used Dragon Claw, but it wasn't KO'd. Sitrus Berry activated, and Dialga is now alseep! One more Super Fang...gah, it missed! I only have one more chance (Thanks, Pressure. =/). Light Screen has worn off, but that's quite all right. Now to catch it in a Master Ball...

Heh, yeah right. Premier Ball, GO!!

...one shake...

It broke out! Oh, MAN, that is AWESOME animation!!! Time for another one...

...one shake...

...two shakes...

...three shakes...

BLAST, IT ESCAPED! Thankfully it's still asleep, but it'll surely wake up next turn. PREMIER BALL, GO!!

...one shake...

...two shakes...

...three shakes...

CLICK! SHINY DIALGA HAS BEEN CAUGHT! I just took a pic of it in the dex...please let this thing have a Modest nature. I had a Modest Synchronize Alakazam at the front.

Modest, as planned, but these IVs...eww...max stats for Modest Dialga are in parentheses.

HP: 156 (165)
Attack: 113 (118)
Defense: 120 (132)
SAtk: 161 (176)
SDef: 99 (113)
Speed: 91 (104)

My, my...but it's still shiny! I haven't even been hunting for a week yet! It's my 15th shiny that I've obtained by myself, I believe.

That was my version of a "video" for you all, I hope you enjoyed it. I tried posting this some time ago on SPPf, and now I've thought of a nickname for it: LIEK RAWR! Pics are on the way. I want to hunt for Azelf next, but I've already promised someone that I'd race them for shiny Giratina, so looks like that is next...

I don't hunt for shiny legendaries (BTW Rotom is NOT a legendary) because I only hunt shinies that I could use in battle without seeming n00bish.
I'm not really seeing how using legendaries makes one look "n00bish".

Years
Whoa my. Why is it that everyone's getting their shiny Dialgas now. Me, Digon, and, to an extent, Dark Steelix, earned ours, but Fufu? Did you even reach 1000 resets yet? =/

I was thinking of hunting Azelf. I haven't taken mine (borrowed one), so I can still go after it. I don't really care much for the shiny forms of the other pixies. They look better normal.

I'll do a few Beldum resets while I wait for some random SPPFers who agreed to trades to sign on. I have a good supply of bred starters in case you're interested. ;) (It'd be a lot easier to get these trades taken care of if SPPF was actually up... .__.)

Last edited:

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
I didn't think to keep count this time, but I hunted for it at least 12 hours a day for the past six days. I probably got around 1000. If only shiny Latias came this easily...

I agree with you about the pixies actually. The only reason I'm hunting for Uxie and Mesprit (who actually looks ok) is because I'd like to complete the set. And, you didnt' need to borrow Azelf from anyone; you could've just battled it, die (against it), and battle it again later. It'll count as seeing it in your dex.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Mar 26, 2013
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkeKPlBYYbs&NR=1

Shuko has now made a Video explaining how to shiny hunt via chaining so take a look at that if your having any trouble with it.

Been hunting all day today in the Seviper patch, but nothing has come up, though I'm enjoying leveling up Regice, it's been a long time since I got my last shiny (can anyone be bothered to find out when it was? XD) so I think I'm due for one.

Good luck all.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
I just noticed MM lives in ottawa, so do I!

Okay. I've resetted at least 2300+ times for Zapdos, and no luck. I never really counted how much, these are just estimates. XD

Aaand. Me and some friends decided to run emerald all at once, SOOO...
I'm not starting till tommorow. (P.S: How the heck do you reset for shiny Latias and Latios when they just roam around?)
Also, I am gonna SR for Rayquaza... I don't have enough patience for all three major legendaries... XP (Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza.)

I haven't been hatching any Treecko eggs, yet. I am trying to hatch a Modest Budew right now... (Which will own.)

EDIT: Does pokemon Crystal/Silver/Gold count?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Aaand. Me and some friends decided to run emerald all at once, SOOO...
I'm not starting till tommorow. (P.S: How the heck do you reset for shiny Latias and Latios when they just roam around?)

EDIT: Does pokemon Crystal/Silver/Gold count?

*sighs*
Soft resetting for Latios and Latias is fairly difficult. You must save before you watch the television broadcast about one of them after you beat the E4. After you save, watch it; then go locate Latios or Latias. If it is not shiny, soft reset. Oh, and you CANNOT save at ANYTIME after you watch the TV broadcast. Alternately, you can download the Eon Ticket on to your game, and go soft reset for one at the Southern Island. Good luck finding one.

No, shinies from G/S/C don't count.

I'm in Victory Road right now. I should be able to beat the E4 by the end of today. Good luck, everyone.

Pokemon Breeder Zoria

Normal Type Master
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2008
Ooh. Thats hard... hey, Fufu. I wish you good luck at the Elite Four and and for Latias! I see how hard it is now..
I have my Gameboy and My emerald with me. School ends early today at 12:00 PM, so, I'll be going to my friends untill around 3:30 ish... We are gonna play Emerald... I always start with Mudkip, so my friend, who we call Orange Geodude, will have to tough it out with Torchic and another friend is taking Treecko...
Whoops! Got off topic!

Anyways, SRing for Shiny Zapdos, I didn't SR at all. I'll SR today. Sometime...

Back