• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_S_B

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2024
According to a list of songs that came with Elitemap, there should already be music for Route 38 (where the Miltank Farm is) and Saffron City. The Route 38 music is featured in Quartz.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Still not at Windows... So, Magnius, birthofdna, and my Testers as well, all of you will need to wait before getting a reply from me. -_-

So question, if you made another release, could you just patch the current release of the game? Wouldn't want to start all over. Also, I tried the option ---> Emulation ---> Save Type ---> Flash 128k thing and I still can't save. I get "Save error." "Please exchange the backup memory".

Well, you can do whatever you want. Just make a backup, because you never know when something could go wrong.
And, just changing the setting in the emu is not enough. You also need to delete any .sav or .sa1 that has been generated, then reopen the emu (making sure the setting is correct), and load the game.

If you remove the mail you get the TM and the HP Up, and you get to keep the Spearow

Just a little correction. Remove the mail and speak with the guy, you get a TM Snatch (in the Preview, you'll get another Thief TM in the B4), and you can keep that Spearow. Then, return with the guy who gave you the Spearow, and he'll give you the HP Up.

if u fish in Johto with the super rod ull find them anywhere

You aren't supposed to have the Super Rod yet (and not even in the B4), so, once I get in my Gold, I'll start updating the Fishing Spots.

And, that's all... Boring, wasn't it? :\

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2009
Where Is De Shoes

I Cant get running shoes in shiny gold...can anyone reply please and tell me where to get running shoes in shiny gold thanks!!

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
I Cant get running shoes in shiny gold...can anyone reply please and tell me where to get running shoes in shiny gold thanks!!
In Beta 3 or 4, beat your rival the first time, speak to the policeman in Elm's lab, talk to Elm and go to your house. Your mother will give you them.

Years
  • Seen Apr 22, 2009
hey cant i go to the 1st gym place but i wan running shoes so i went back home but she didnt gimme de shoes she said:" i am behind u all the way!" ....so how? can u tell me again ? sorry to bother u...

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
Years
hey cant i go to the 1st gym place but i wan running shoes so i went back home but she didnt gimme de shoes she said:" i am behind u all the way!" ....so how? can u tell me again ? sorry to bother u...
Maybe you didn't go to house right after being told to go back to your house by Elm (I don't thing that's the reason). Maybe you are playing another beta. Did you go to the second city (Violet, where the first gym is) first? Because I'm supposing you did go to Mr Pokemon's house and got the egg...

Years
I don't remember zel saying tat he changed the tileset in beta 4... where did you come up with the idea of changing it? (i like it alot)

Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2007
I Need Help

I really want to play the Shiny Gold patch for FR and it works fine on my pc but i would much rather play it on my DS using my ez flash 3 in 1 (flash cart) because it feels more real that way. but the problem is the exact same rom that is patched and works fine on my pc freezes at the gameboy logo on my DS. it's really frustrating me... because i think your patch is sweet and ive wanted a gba gold version for sooo long and when i found out there was one you wouldnt even believe how excited i was and for the last week ive been googling and searching all over for a way to get it to work for me... but nothing has worked... PLEASE HELP ME!!!
*please see the video below* www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=B2dnFR9sSl0

shadoweevee

Are you still there?
Years
I really want to play the Shiny Gold patch for FR and it works fine on my pc but i would much rather play it on my DS using my ez flash 3 in 1 (flash cart) because it feels more real that way. but the problem is the exact same rom that is patched and works fine on my pc freezes at the gameboy logo on my DS. it's really frustrating me... because i think your patch is sweet and ive wanted a gba gold version for sooo long and when i found out there was one you wouldnt even believe how excited i was and for the last week ive been googling and searching all over for a way to get it to work for me... but nothing has worked... PLEASE HELP ME!!!
*please see the video below* www(dot)youtube(dot)com/watch?v=B2dnFR9sSl0

I have the ez flash 3in1 gba cart and I have already tried that, but there is not enough room on the cart for the patch, the game, and the save file so it won't work at all, maybe you should try it on a better cart, possible one with a minisd/mircosd card.

Do you have a 3rd or above beta? if so it should work. unless you are using a save file from beta 2 or below, so you best bet is to start a new game.

Last edited:

Mew88

Flamethrower!
Years
I was just wandering because i forgot if you said you had enough rivals and wasnt going to add anymore in kanto? Is that right? Can i ask if carlos' lineup will change at all or will his pokemon's levels just increase and become stronger?

Anyways loving this hack, cant wait for the next beta to see what youve dont with kanto and to try out the pokemon league!

CarolinaSquirtle

Go Tarheels!
Years
After 7th Gym

Good job w/ the hack, Zel! It's really great.

What can I do after I get the 7th badge and go to Tin Tower and catch Ho-oh? Is that where the beta stops? I am guessing b/c I can't go through Ice Path to Blackthorn...Thanks for the help in advance.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2007
Hey guys... Sorry about having to ask this as I'm sure it does get asked every so often but there are just too many pages to look through to find the anwser myself...

I got this hack recently and was loving it to death, only problem is when I get to the ice path. I read somewhere on the first page that this was not completed, the thing is I don't know which version of Shiny Gold I have.

So all in all I just wanted to know weather or not the ice path (and the rest of the game) has been completed in version beta4 or if this is what the patching the game fixes.

Thanks
-Morty

Lash

Years
Hey guys... Sorry about having to ask this as I'm sure it does get asked every so often but there are just too many pages to look through to find the anwser myself...

I got this hack recently and was loving it to death, only problem is when I get to the ice path. I read somewhere on the first page that this was not completed, the thing is I don't know which version of Shiny Gold I have.

So all in all I just wanted to know weather or not the ice path (and the rest of the game) has been completed in version beta4 or if this is what the patching the game fixes.

Thanks
-Morty

Zel already said that there will be about one or two more Beta's till the game is complete. If you can't get into the Ice Path, then you have a Beta3.5, and not the PreviewBeta4.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2007
Awesome

Thanks man, that's what I was looking for! :)Thanks for replying so quickly.

I'm gonna start playing Yellow again while I wait :P

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2008
IN the beta 4 preview can u obtain lugia in the whirl islands?or do u still need the silver wing like in gold:\

Lash

Years
IN the beta 4 preview can u obtain lugia in the whirl islands?or do u still need the silver wing like in gold:\

Actually, you can't because there is no way to use Waterfall. You know how the PreviewBeta4, you can only go up to the Waterfall point and can't get past that?
Originally, HMWaterfall is in the Ice Path, but that point being the limit in the PreviewBeta4, it was'nt put in there.]
But you probably do need the Silver Wing to get Lugia once Waterfall is accesable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back