• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Dark Dragon

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
Hey, this is another team I made, with pretty good synergy. Hydreigon is supposed to be the spearhead of the attack, with the others as support.

Hydreigon @ Choice Specs / Scope Lens
Levitate
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
I call this set the 'PulseBlast' which is pretty obvious if you look at the last word on each move. This set has great coverage, and they all have great power. Some of them don't have as good accuracy though. Overall, one of my favourite Hydreigon sets.

Infernape @ Choice Band / Life Orb
Iron Fist
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
- U-Turn / Focus Punch
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch / Substitute
- Flare Blitz
This set is pretty good, I think. Thunder Punch can deal some nice damage to Jellicent, one of this pokemon's main counters, as well as Water-types it can outspeed. Mach Punch is a great move thanks to Iron Fist, which boosts its power by 20%. SubPunch combo isn't bad, especially how Iron Fist makes Focus Punch's power soar, but it comes at the price of the Choice Band, U-Turn and Thunderpunch. But FP's power is 266, so... Yeah, still not sure what to do there. Infernape resists Hydreigon's Bug weakness.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Water Absorb
252 HP / 8 SAtk / 248 SDef
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Pretty standard, really. King of the 'stache,  Jellicent has a place in almost any team. It's good SAtk allows him to go in for the kill, while also being able to fend off opponents with his SDef and HP. Scald is a great new move that lets Jellicent burn his attackers, while getting a nice STAB move in. Shadow Ball is another STAB, and Ice Beam allows him to hit Grass-types hard. Recover is basic in that Jellicent likes the recovery. This Pokemon covers Hydreigon's Fighting weakness.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
128 HP / 128 Atk / 252 Def
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rocks / Thunder Wave
- Power Whip
- Curse
Ferrothorn is one of my favourites in this new generation. It has great attacking and defensive abilities, as well as an awesome move pool. This set allows Ferrothorn to combine these factors together to make a Sweeper-Wall. If Curse once or twice, Power Whip is a great move that can hit a lot of Pokemon hard. Leech Seed provides with a small amount of healing each turn, coupled with Leftover recovery, and Thunder Wave can allow Ferrothorn to go first! Ferrothorn resists against Hydreigon's  Dragon weakness.

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Snow Cloak
252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Ice Shard
- Endeavour
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
This set is a bit gimmicky, but eh. Focus Sash may seem like a strange item, but using Endeavour first turn can be lethal if there was a potential OHKO. Ice Shard has +1 priority to clean up after Endeavour. Icicle Crash and Earthquake are both powerful STAB Attacks. Mamoswine covers more Dragon types.

Tornadus @ 
Prankster
4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Hurricane
- Rain Dance
- Psychic
- Hidden Power (Ground)
This looks like a strange set. It probably is. This is the first time I've ever used Tornadus, but I'm taking on the challenge. Hurricane has 100% accuracy in the rain, which is brought on by priority Rain Dance. The rain lasts for a while, and if Tornadus doesn't make full use of it, I'm sure Jellicent can. Psychic an put a damper on Fighting and Poison types, especially Toxicroak, and Hurricane covers Fighting, Bug and Grass. HP Ground is used to counter two of Tornadus' weaknesses, Electric and Rock, as well as Fire, Poison and Steel. Not bad, all in all. It covers the Fighting-weakness that half the team has.

Cam Meekins

Banned
Years
Hey! Ever considered draco meteor on hydregion? It has some really good power to break the opponent's team! Have Fun!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Hey! Ever considered draco meteor on hydregion? It has some really good power to break the opponent's team! Have Fun!

I second this. Hydreigon can always switch to counteract Draco Meteor's Special Attack drop.

Also, what are the natures of your Pokemon?

Hydreigon should be Modest

Infernape should be Jolly

Jellicent should be Calm, given its current EV spread

Ferrothorn should be Relaxed

Mamoswine should be Adamant

Tornadus should be Timid

Now for the sets.

Stone Edge over ThunderPunch on Infernape since the latter seems to be strictly for Gyarados only. Use Flare Blitz and Close Combat as your remaining options.

Change Jellicent's EV spread to 252 HP/36 Def/220 SDef so that it has a bit of an easier time taking physical hits. Use Will-o-Wisp or Toxic over Shadow Ball or Ice Beam to support the team with status.

While Ferrothorn is a decent Curser, it's still vulnerable to Fire moves and needs a lot of support to function well. If you're using Curse, you should give it a Sassy nature because Curse will already take care of its physical stats. It should also use a more specially defensive spread with max HP and close to max Special Defense with the rest thrown in Defense. Also, this set should be used:
-Spikes/Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball/Thunder Wave/Protect
-Power Whip/Protect
Nature: Relaxed
EVs: 252 HP/88 Def/168 SDef
Item: Leftovers

Mamoswine should use max Speed rather than max HP so that it can set up SR more easily against slower opponents.

Don't use Psychic on Tornadus; it doesn't give noteworthy coverage. Also, Rain Dance messes up with Infernape's Fire STAB. Outside of Rain, this should be used. This set can be used with both of its formes:
-Bulk Up
-Acrobatics
-Superpower
-Taunt/Substitute
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Flying Gem

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2014
Okay, so Hydreigon should have Draco Meteor. Yeah, I see the advantage in that.

Also, sorry about Natures. I felt like I was forgetting something >_<. I woul pdrobably have put the natures like yours.

Okay, so Infernape should have Close Combat over FP? And Stone Edge instead of Thunder Punch? Okay then.

For Jellicent, I suppose that spread is better, so I'll probably go with that. And I'll go with a Toxic over Ice Beam, then.

So Ferrothorn... With Curse, I think the set should like this, if yours is taken into account.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Sassy (+SDef, -Spd)
252 HP / 52 Def / 200 SDef
- Curse
- Power Whip / Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave / Stealth Rocks
- Leech Seed

My Mamo doesn't have Stealth Rocks.

Okay, so you're saying Physical Tornadus? That's cool, I guess. Acrobatics is the set I would go for, Physically. I like it.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Okay, so Hydreigon should have Draco Meteor. Yeah, I see the advantage in that.

Also, sorry about Natures. I felt like I was forgetting something >_<. I woul pdrobably have put the natures like yours.

Okay, so Infernape should have Close Combat over FP? And Stone Edge instead of Thunder Punch? Okay then.

For Jellicent, I suppose that spread is better, so I'll probably go with that. And I'll go with a Toxic over Ice Beam, then.

So Ferrothorn... With Curse, I think the set should like this, if yours is taken into account.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Iron Barbs
Sassy (+SDef, -Spd)
252 HP / 52 Def / 200 SDef
- Curse
- Power Whip / Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave / Stealth Rocks
- Leech Seed

My Mamo doesn't have Stealth Rocks.

Okay, so you're saying Physical Tornadus? That's cool, I guess. Acrobatics is the set I would go for, Physically. I like it.

For Ferrothorn, it should choose between Cursing/sweeping, or supporting the team. Mono-coverage with Curse is terrible unless you're RestTalking.

My bad. Still, Mamoswine should be using max Speed rather than max HP so it can outspeed as much as it can. These set should show what I mean:
-Stealth Rock
-Endeavor
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Focus Sash
Ability: Thick Fat

or
-Ice Shard
-Icicle Crash
-Earthquake