• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
You mean you're not getting information at all, right? Why not give up the charade? I've looked and have not been able to find it, and you promised pictures that didn't show up. Also, you claimed you were looking at pictures of the artwork and such, then later said that after reading some of the information you were starting not to believe the information. This was clearly in attempt to get yourself out of this situation you are in, as you probably didn't expect to be grilled this way. You now say the information is false, what happened was you were being bombarded with requests for pictures, and since you had not any pictures, you figure you should just quit. At least admit you were lying or upload these pictures that you say are fake and let us decide for ourselves.

Please your talking to a lawyer , this doesn't count as grilled not even close . Wanna know how I good I am ... Check the middle of my post sir lol.

Anyways this gave us at least 2 pages of interesting posts your welcome.

But more importantly would you oppose of these were true?

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well apparently クセロシキ translates xerosicy, so I assume this is is japanese name . I'm not getting info in english

But while this info is in fact false, which parts did you like and disliked ?

But on the third legendary one would assume it could be steel if its ment to be the strongest
This morning I was thinking of what the third legends type could be and I came up with Steel/Grass. It can be a combo of the serpent and Yggdrasil. It could live underground too!

As for the like and dislike...I kind of do wish that Silver will appear...

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
This morning I was thinking of what the third legends type could be and I came up with Steel/Grass. It can be a combo of the serpent and Yggdrasil. It could live underground too!

As for the like and dislike...I kind of do wish that Silver will appear...

I came up with all of this after watching a YouTube video theory
Apparently the starter evo's are similar to classes found in final fantasy

The grass kinda sounds like paladin and is bulky just like the class
The fire is obviously a the Mage class
The water the fighter class

So that got me thinking what other classic RPG elements could be included in the games
I pretty much came up with a whole story .

Years
I came up with all of this after watching a YouTube video theory
Apparently the starter evo's are similar to classes found in final fantasy

The grass kinda sounds like paladin and is bulky just like the class
The fire is obviously a the Mage class
The water the fighter class

So that got me thinking what other classic RPG elements could be included in the games
I pretty much came up with a whole story .
Actually that part of them being based off RPG elements maybe true...if the Pokebeach leaker's rumors are true of them being based on a knight, a mage, and a ninja...as one get's Paladin, mage, and assassin/fighter.

Years
Please your talking to a lawyer , this doesn't count as grilled not even close . Wanna know how I good I am ... Check the middle of my post sir lol.

Anyways this gave us at least 2 pages of interesting posts your welcome.

But more importantly would you oppose of these were true?

Ah, lol, I see. I thought you were saying that you yourself determined that it was false lol, and whether or not you are a lawyer or not, it was nice playing the cop looking for information role XD

MrGriszell

Madara
Years
  • Seen Feb 11, 2021
Ah, lol, I see. I thought you were saying that you yourself determined that it was false lol, and whether or not you are a lawyer or not, it was nice playing the cop looking for information role XD

Thank bulbapededia since it provided all the japanese I needed lol. Just be glad my graphics guy is on vacation or I woulda had low quality imagies lol

Years
Sure was...this is what's nice about rumors...it gives us something to dissect when there's nothing else...sadly this time one of our own had to make the rumors...

The Leafeon

Grassburn and Leafstorm!!!
Years
Ok the rest of the info is just changes to battle mechanics
Such as electric pokemon can't get paralyzed
Grass pokemon aren't affected by stun spore sleep powder or poison powder
Any rock moves used in battle will remove stealth rock
A new weather condition that benefits electric types?( Not sure how that works)
A psychic move that cancels the effects of trick room the next turn. It's the oppisite of trick room where the attack is sent out first and trick has to already be played . It takes a turn to charge and must recharge after use)

So I guess that's all of it . Can't wait till origins
was most of this rumour not posted else where on the forums before this attempt. I know i seen it. so another rumour using info already out there

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Such as electric pokemon can't get paralyzed

To me, this seems a little unfair. If fire-type Pokémon can get themselves burned and if ice Pokémon can be frozen, then why can't electric-types be paralyzed? o: Thunder Wave is one of the most common moves in competitive play, and if they make electric Pokémon immune to them (and other paralyzing moves such as Stun Spore), then that would end up making them a little overpowered in my opinion. I truly hope that this is just a false rumor.

Years
To me, this seems a little unfair. If fire-type Pokémon can get themselves burned and if ice Pokémon can be frozen, then why can't electric-types be paralyzed? o: Thunder Wave is one of the most common moves in competitive play, and if they make electric Pokémon immune to them (and other paralyzing moves such as Stun Spore), then that would end up making them a little overpowered in my opinion. I truly hope that this is just a false rumor.

Its already been confirmed.

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years

Actually, Fire-types are immune to burn and Ice-types can't be frozen. Now Electric types are immune to Paralyze, and Grass types absorb many Poison and Sleep-inducing moves. The changes actually bring about more balance, imo.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I also loved the changes as well. I was playing through B2 again and I had a Pikachu with a Light Orb, It kept getting paralyzed which irritated me. It also makes more sense now, If a Elec pokemon can store Electricity in its body, then it should be immune thunder wave and things in that nature.

Years
I also loved the changes as well. I was playing through B2 again and I had a Pikachu with a Light Orb, It kept getting paralyzed which irritated me. It also makes more sense now, If a Elec pokemon can store Electricity in its body, then it should be immune thunder wave and things in that nature.
Exactly. They should be able to take the electrical pulses sent through their bodies by moves such as thunderwave.

Now they just need to make ground types immune to sand attack...

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Actually, Fire-types are immune to burn and Ice-types can't be frozen. Now Electric types are immune to Paralyze, and Grass types absorb many Poison and Sleep-inducing moves. The changes actually bring about more balance, imo.

No, Gras types only absorb the status inducing Powder moves. They can still be poisoned by poison sting and those moves, Toxic, can still be put to sleep by Sing, and can be paralyzed by body slam, Glare, or thunder wave. They are just immune to Poison/Sleep Powder, Stun Spore and Spore on top of thier Leech Seed immunity that they've had.

Really stupid that they associate Paralysis with Electric tupes mow though since its never been just their's as it works for normal and grass type attacks as well. Ground should have gained the immunity since its relation to electric types is that same as Steel's to Poison.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Electric types being immune to paralysis doesn't make any logical sense...

Steel and Poison being immune to poison? Fine. Heck I even get fire types being immune to burn (sorta. I see burn as in the skin condition.) But not this. What balance does it even bring?

Years
No, Gras types only absorb the status inducing Powder moves. They can still be poisoned by poison sting and those moves, Toxic, can still be put to sleep by Sing, and can be paralyzed by body slam, Glare, or thunder wave. They are just immune to Poison/Sleep Powder, Stun Spore and Spore on top of thier Leech Seed immunity that they've had.

Really stupid that they associate Paralysis with Electric tupes mow though since its never been just their's as it works for normal and grass type attacks as well. Ground should have gained the immunity since its relation to electric types is that same as Steel's to Poison.
You're right Ground should be resistant to the other paralyze moves too as the fan explanation for electric types having it also applies on them seeing how they absorb electricity and electrical waves without any effect...

Back in Gen II Steel types could get poison by Twineedle so maybe next generation Ground types will immune to all the paralysis moves.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
Actually, now that I think about it, Electric types shouldn't be totally immune to paralyzing.

It should be more so like electric attacks that can paralyze them, shouldn't be able to paralyze them. Such as Thunder Wave and the ability Static. However, they should still be paralyzed by other non electric attacks that paralyze them such as glare, body slam, dragonbreath, ect. If that makes any sense. Hard to explain on the internet.

Years
Actually, now that I think about it, Electric types shouldn't be totally immune to paralyzing.

It should be more so like electric attacks that can paralyze them, shouldn't be able to paralyze them. Such as Thunder Wave and the ability Static. However, they should still be paralyzed by other non electric attacks that paralyze them. If that makes any sense. Hard to explain on the internet.
I know where you're going. You're saying moves like Body slam and the like should still be able to cause paralisis to Electric types, correct?

Now that I think about it this may make Electric types OP...as they now have a status immunity as well as having only one weakness (which can be removed by using a move, or having levitate)...

Back