• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriter's Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
I've been getting back into spriting recently, and I decided to revamp one of my older sprites.

Here it is; a revamp of my Normal-type Gym Leader Nora.

nora__prev__norina__revamp_by_superjub-d5nxo8y.png

"Nora- "The Pretty Pink Princess"
Gym Leader of Cobblestone City (1st Gym Leader)
Badge- Regal Badge
Type- Normal

Pokemon-
* Clefairy lv 12
* Delcatty lv 14

Desc.- Nora is the youngest Gym Leader and this fact is very obvious. Due to her age, she expresses very immature behavior and often doesn't take her duties seriously, preferring to venture or play games instead. Her father maintained the Gym before her and was actually the 8th and final Gym Leader, but due to passing it onto her daughter, the Gym was downgraded. Her father, while very mature and experienced, even has trouble training his daughter, who'd rather play games in the nearby Abandoned Mansion, where the player has to first find her before she returns to her gym. She is also very spoilt, and doesn't take losing easily."

Nevermind, I can see it now. :D I really like it. :D The shading is very accurate and you really did a good job revamping it. :D I only have a few criticisms and they are that it's nose isn't very prominent/noticeable, so perhaps you could make that area a bit lighter? I think it could really help to make it stand out. Also, the pixels on the rear area seem a bit jagged; maybe you could smoothen that out a little too? Otherwise, great work. :D
----
Here's another revamp:
e155b9f51dcc56464d47171950bb353b-d5o462k.png

"Archie- "The Silent Shivering Trainer"
Gym Leader of Snowfall City
Badge- Iceberg Badge
Type- Ice

Pokemon-
* Piloswine lv 20
* Snorunt lv 22

Desc.- A harsh blizzard was raging at the peak of Snowfall Mountain- an unnatural, harsh blizzard. Archie was only little, and his father, a famous adventurer, rose to the challenge to try to uncover what was behind this powerful snowstorm. This was many years ago, and to this day, no-one knows what happened to Archie's father. Archie has become cold and distant from the traumatic experience, and it's as if his heart had frozen over. While he still has good intentions, Archie appears quite cruel and heartless to those who do not fully understand him. He takes comfort in his Pokemon, and treasures his Snorunt which was a gift from his father before his disappearance. He now lives with his grandma- who is almost like a parent-figure to Archie. Occasionally, Archie will go on trips to Snowfall Mountain in the hopes he'll find is father."
----
Another Gym Leader-
graham_by_superjub-d5ocuo9.png

"Graham- "Hard as rock."
Gym Leader of Undermine City
Badge- Mine Badge
Type- Ground

Pokemon
* Trapinch lv 24
* Graveler lv 25
* Sandslash lv 27

Desc.- Graham is an avid miner who is in love with his work. Mining is his one true passion, and his trusty partner Sandslash assists him. He helped to carve the tunnels leading through and under the town. Before becoming a Gym Leader, Graham was also previously a hiker, trekking across many mountains, including Mount Coronet in Sinnoh and Mount Moon in Kanto. His love of mountains and mining was sparked when he was younger and he got lost in a cave. A wild Sandshrew (now his Sandslash) helped lead him out f the cave and ever since then he's been infatuated with rocks and tunnels.

Additionally, Graham has a weight problem he'd be quick to deny. He often sneaks off to the near-by restaurant when he should be maintaining his Gym, which does sometimes cause a problem for trainers."

Please don't use these sprites btw. :) I'm thinking of starting a ROM hack but who knows? xD

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
Cynthia the Virtuous! B2/W2 Sprite Replacer

Hello! I thought I'd share my project with everyone, I hope you guys enjoy it!
It replaces your overworld sprite ( ALL SPRITES) as Cynthia
and back sprite ( WITH ANIMATIONS) as Cynthia
and a optional C Gear Skin of Cynthia (I did not create)

All instructions, credits and thanks inside the README.
All images inside the RAR, only used for showcasing.

I really do hope you guys enjoy this, I sure do!

Note; I will be doing edits to the images in the near future, for they require very minor edits
________
UPDATE 2) - Did a HUGE rework to textures, this goes for both overworld and back sprites, they appear much softer and lore friendly now. I can't confirm if the overworld bike sprites are working as intended (within 16 color) because I have no bicycle yet! x) If anyone can confirm it would be a great help, thanks!!
________
UPDATE 3) - Added balancing and fishing overworld sprites, small refinements to other overworld sprites.
I can't confirm if fishing sprites are working as intended (within 16 color) if anyone can confirm, it would be greatly appreciated, thanks!!

Side-to-side balancing also has a few minor texture issues, currently trying to resolve.

Stay tuned, and enjoy!!

Any constructive criticism is highly accepted! Apologies in advance if posted in the wrong forum!!

Last edited:

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years
Do animated gifs count?

RobertsonesqueNidorina.gif

Not that I went to/I'm attending school for game art (I'm more interested in a managerial role), it's mostly something I do for fun, or to fall back on. I've always liked doing sprite animations, as detailed as Street Fighter Alpha stuff to as simple as Earthbound. I was reading an article where Paul Robertson gave some advice about making your sprite art lively, and why sprite artists should push themselves. Because I like his stuff, along with games like Scott Pilgrim (and the upcoming Mercenary Kings), I decided to try his style out.

Each frame was eyballed using MSPaint only, so it's still rough in some areas, but I'm long accustomed to using Paint this way. I usually check it the animation later with a game program, but it's on a different computer, and I'm tired. Maybe I'll try a few more. I'm using the practice anyway to add art to my own original game.

@Logiedan - That chicken is deliciously creepy (aha, see what I did... oh whatever I'm sleepy).

Years
@Envy91
Pixel Art is mainly a place to show your pixel work and improve, and I don't really consider it a place as a resource for ROM Hacking or Fan-games. But regardless, you require 4+ sprites to have your own showcase.

@dbp
I think you nailed the Scott Pilgrim style pretty spot on. And the animation is smooth. I hope to see more of your awesome stuff. :3
Good luck on your game btw.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2012
@Logiedan I apologize for any inconvenience I caused you, I'm new to both the forum and editing pixels! Also, the requirement of 4 sprites, do they have to be completely different sprites, as in different trainer, pokemon ect ect...? I ask because there is 8 images inside the RAR, all of Cynthia though.

Again, I apologize for any inconvenience! I mainly wanted to get some constructive criticism honestly!

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Anyway, so I just finished this HG/SS style town map. Here it is:
34o7z0l_th.png

So, what do you guys think?

It's a bit tiny so I dd have some trouble rating it. However, I must say it looks pretty good from what I can tell. You captured the HG/SS theme well. :)

Some more of my Gym Leaders~ :)

ghost_gym_leader_by_superjub-d5ofrmq.png

Melanie- "The ghoulish Gothic girl." (name derived from Melania- meaning black; dark)
Gym Leader of Duskomb Town
Badge- Spirit Badge
Type- Ghost

Pokemon
* Duskull lv 25
* Sableye lv 26
* Misdreavus lv 28

Desc.- Melanie is a eery girl who is fixated on everything Gothic. She originally used Psychic Pokemon, but when an illness one day took away her most precious Pokemon, she started to train Ghost types instead knowing they cannot die. Melanie also guards the local crypt near her hometown where Pokemon both locally and afar are laid to rest.

Melanie is very silent, but takes all of her duties seriously and strongly dislikes those who are disruptive, especially if they are disrupting the dead.
----

758f7eb533dec205d78218ec1e5da97e-d5oym02.png

Willow- "The tree temptress."
Gym Leader of ??? City
Badge- Sprout Badge
Type- Grass

Pokemon
* Jumpluff lv 30
* Roselia lv 32
* Gloom lv 28
* Bellossom lv 33

Desc.- Willow is a rather stubborn and feisty Gym Leader, who is quick to judge people and deem them unworthy of her present. Contrasting with this, if someone beats her, she does respect them unlike some Gym Leaders who'd rather refuse to give up their badge. Willow also is very passionate about gardening and her team reflects this. Her Pokemon have often been known to assist her. Not only that, but she is also an artist, and she expresses her creative side through her appearance.

Her design has a very hippy-like theme, reflecting her natural roots.
----

d57c310a6f9efec0823f347581f31730-d5p4czb.png

Estelle- "The iron maiden."
Gym Leader of ??? City
Badge- Gear Badge
Type- Steel

Pokemon
* Magneton lv 33
* Skarmory lv 34
* Steelix lv 34
* Aggron lv 36

Desc.- Estelle is a very strong-willed lady who maintains both a family life and gym. She also has a deep love for history and dresses in a medieval fashion to reflect this. She is one of the oldest Gym Leaders, and her attitude and personality reflect this. She is very wise and is a refreshing change from the previous female Gym Leaders, as she has a very loving and kind attitude. At home she has her husband and her two older children.

Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2013
Made my first attempt at original sprites!

Embarseed the shy flower pokemon (Grass)
ebarsseed-sprite_zps97b6fcc0.png

Walfglower the dry petal pokemon (Grass/Ghost)
walfglowersprite_zps0963f1d0.png

VictoriaNovus

Queen of Time
Years
I'm not quite sure how to add an image seeing as though I haven't reached the 15 post checkpoint yet, but I did edit the sprite that is my current icon. She is Victoria and the namesake of this profile. I don't really know, her team is time themed.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
So, today I decided to sprite the first thing that came to my mind and... well... You see how that went.

yeah__by_l0kiice-d5r279b.png

Also, @PokeInfuse, that is a nice Fennekin sprite, yo. But some of the pixels on the eyes seems to be a bit, off, for a lack of a better word. Otherwise it's good. Like really good, yo.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
This would be the first trainer I ever sprited from scratch.

eJaSS.png

I screwed up on the everything.

This is a more recent one, but the shape of the arms kind of suck.

xNAWf.png

Also there's a Vs Sprite and an Overworld, both of which also made by me.

ppooookkkkkkk

Banned
Years
This would be the first trainer I ever sprited from scratch.

eJaSS.png

I screwed up on the everything.

This is a more recent one, but the shape of the arms kind of suck.

xNAWf.png

Also there's a Vs Sprite and an Overworld, both of which also made by me.

It looks pretty great to me. But yeah the arms need improve metn

Heres my first scratch trainer sprite its fail i know.
a_trainer_sprite__by_ahmad2334-d5roufw.png

It is not affiliated with morning night.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2014
This is a simple Fennekin Pixel-Over sprite that I have made. Even though I have a showcase, I feel this isn't "worthy" enough to be put there, besides, there are many other things there too.

145px-Fennekin_zps9c5cc14d.png

And no, don't get any plans to steal this sprite. (Yes, I'm very paranoid)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back