• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Metropolis

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Thanks, it's just the layering I'm having problems with. Since I created a new 'layer' by scripts, and this layer is above the normal one (the one with the player and tileset), to avoid the tinting... well... the events that 'glow' are always above the hero. Sometimes this is not a problem, since the hero can't reach the windows in the wall. However, in doors like the Pokémon Center one, the event overlaps the hero, what can't happen. Still trying to fix that.

~Azura.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
Years
Oh, do you mean glow as in the tiles around the house? You can just make separate grass tiles for that if you need to. Just whip out paint and do some Pixel work. I do it all the time.

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
I think they meant a little effect representing the light around the actual window. Won't be hard to do, I guess.

Anyway, I'm still into the "small detail" updates. This one is for the DP fans out there:

I've changed major stuff in the Daytime system, to allow it to be a little bit more like DP, so now POKéMON Metropolis has five day periods (instead of four from previous version). I've also changed all the screen tones.

* Morning

The tone is a little bit darker than normal, but you can see pretty much everything. I'd also like to point out the specific events that randomly happen sometimes, like this old lady saying you shouldn't be skipping class (LOL).

(the tone for this may change, as it isn't as dark as it should be)

nscr01up9.png

* Daytime

Just the normal tinting, with everything visible.

nscr02cz7.png

* Afternoon

This is the preparation for the evening, with an nice orange color tone. I like the way it makes the sand paths more beautiful (? lol)
nscr03pz9.png

* Evening

This is basically the color you get between 6pm and 12am... the screen gets dark, but you can still see your way, and most of the buildings have their lights on (some are randomly off, to be closer to real [and to save some energy lol])
nscr04va7.png

* Night

It's dark... waaay dark. You can't see in this screenshot, but the windows are now off, since people are supposed to be sleeping. The boy in the screenshot is another example of random events that appear on determined periods of day.

As you can see... it's very difficult to see anything at night... and some items or trainers that are easily seen in other periods become very hard to find, so be sure to have your eyes wide open while travelling at this period.

nscr05ff3.png

I guess that's it for today's updates.

Comments are always welcome...

~Azura.

WHALESDUDE

I am me.
Years
Wow! That's awesome Azura! A question though, have you added that some pokemon should only be found at night? I'm pretty sure you have, but I'm just checking. Oh and don't forget that Male Pokemon Would hunt, and thus some might be awake, hunting for food for their families. Like Lions o.o

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Wow! That's awesome Azura! A question though, have you added that some pokemon should only be found at night? I'm pretty sure you have, but I'm just checking. Oh and don't forget that Male Pokemon Would hunt, and thus some might be awake, hunting for food for their families. Like Lions o.o

Yes, the "load enemies by daytime" thing is 100% done. I also made it possible to have different "rareness" levels for each daytime, so at night wild pokemon can be harder to find (sleeping purposes lol). However, some Pokemons will be active only at night, like you said.

Don Patch said:
That looks even better, Azura. It will be also nice to see time-based events.

Yeah, but nothing really complex tho... I'm still experimenting days of the week, but it isn't ready.

Anyway, the Daytime system was the final issue on my "Simple Details" list. Time to head back to... Battle System.

*sleeps deeply*

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Thanks, we've new updates, this time concerning... SURF!

surf00ie4.png

surf01wg9.png

surf02ha3.png

The second screenshot is, no doubt, one of the most beautiful I've ever taken... lol

Next on "Simple details II" list is:

Fishing, Fly and Escape Rope.

I've also setup the basis for Running Shoes and Bike, I just need the sprites for those two, so... expect news on it really soon.

Nothing much to say...
Bye bye everyone, keep commenting, feedback is always great

~Az... *sleeps*

Years
Wow, I am really impressed on what you have done! Looks exceptionally well, and I hope you don't stop the music! Good luck, and love your screenshots. =D

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
No, there's no demo yet...
=)

Just hang in there, the demo will come eventually, with a little exploring, battling and catching, as well as experimenting part of the features already made, showed in this topic.

The demo will probably include the first and the second towns, and that's all I have to say, since we've basically stopped working on the storyline after the introduction.

~Azura.

Nova92

NovaShark Unlimited Webmaster
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 15, 2008
Looks good. Saw the previews and its nice. Keep it up

~Azura

Alright, purple is good.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Hey guys, I'd like to thank everybody for the comments, and say sorry for the recent lack of updates. ~Heart had some problems with her computer so she couldn't be online for a while, what contributed for this, since I wanted do discuss something with her.

Anyway, she's back now and we had a long discussion about the detailed storyline and specially the demo.
We've decided to extend the demo a little longer, so instead of going up to Buttergrove Town, the player can go up to Town 4 (no name yet). In other words, the demo will be big enough to player to experience the storyline, and yet won't be big enough to reveal all the plots.

We've also made all the storyline in Dorfie Forest, Dorfie Town and Buttergrove Town. Unfortunately, I can't say what we've planned so I don't ruin everything. I'll just say that we'll have a couple of original systems that will, undoubtedly, make Metropolis the new generation of RMXP Pokémon fangames.

That's it... I know you guys like to see some screenshots, but there's nothing really new to show. The battle system basic flow is completed. You can Fight, Run and see your Status. You can attack and be attacked, and attacks have effects like "defense up one stage" or "was poisoned". Effectiveness table is completed, exactly the way GBA games are. I've already done 60 move animations, still 314 to go heheh. After battle you receive experience, but I haven't made the evolution screen yet. And I need to rewrite the Item Screen's code, since it's not working the way I want inside the battle.

I'm heading off now... take care,

~Azura.

Years
Good thing you are extending the demo. I hope it isn't short and crippled like my Tales of Virtue demo. Anyway, glad to hear ~Heart's computer is working again. This means more progress, so yay.

Anyway, the amount of work you put in the battle system is above fantastic. I hope the remaining animations don't drag on for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back