• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

How to Train Your Pokemon! (Rated K+) [SU + OOC]

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

HOW TO TRAIN YOUR
dragon
P O K E M O N

Rated K+/PG - GM'd by Leaf Storm
Inspired by "How to Train Your Dragon"

This is the OOC Thread. IC Thread Here (Link Soon)
All SU's go in the OOC thread​

Standing in the hall of fame
& the world's gonna know your name
because you burn with the brightest flame.

~Theme Song: "Hall of Fame" by The Script
Spoiler:

Who are you? What are you? What is your Destiny?

Spoiler:

No matter how old you are, you do have a dream and you are willing to do anything to achieve. You can do this alone. You can't go off on your own. You need a companion, and that companion is your Pokemon.

You are a person, whether young or old, who wanted to aspire to become a Pokemon trainer. You've seen several trainers, you were inspired by the gym leaders, and you were inspired by the many people who have owned a Pokemon of their own. You even seen them battle, participate in a contest, or partake in the many events of the Pokeathlon. You wanted to "become the best" but somehow, you are afraid to "jump" in. You are scared to catch Pokemon, or perhaps…afraid to train them. This is your chance. This is your destiny. Welcome to Goldenrod City, a place where all your Pokemon dreams start, no matter what goals you have set forth.

You hear about The Goldenrod Pokemon Training Center a lot, especially from "word of mouth" in Poke-Athletes, famous Pokemon Trainers, and award-winning Pokemon Coordinators. You may dream be as good as them, or even go above and beyond today's popular trainers/athletes/coordinators. Maybe you want to be better than Red. WHICHEVER, really. But your destiny is relied on your partner, also known as your Pokemon.​

The Goldenrod Pokemon Training Center​

Spoiler:

The Training Center, located in a large building on the west side of Goldenrod City, is home to three training sections for aspiring trainers who would like to get their feet wet in the Pokemon world. Whether they've set their eyes on a gold medal at the Pokeathlon, need some beginner's advice in battling, or wanting a head start in becoming a world-class coordinator. Each member signed up in the Training Center are expected to fully dedicate to their potential with their Pokemon. It's basically the Olympics in a sense that you are there to achieve your dreams.

History: Owned and operated by Rita Torres, a former trainer who was trained under Whitney, the Goldenrod Gym Leader, opened the center to inspire the next generation of Pokemon trainers. She was inspired by the trainers who battled and won against her, one by one. She wanted to know how these trainers got their chance at becoming "the best". So, with permission granted by Whitney, she decided to set forth on a journey to Johto.

Rita partook in as many events as she can, and that only took her three years. She defeated the gym leaders, she defeated the Johto Battle Frontier, she even won a few gold medals at the yearly Pokeathlon, as well as a few ribbons in some contests held in Goldenrod. Rita felt she was on a roll, felt that she had enough experience to teach others. After coming in 1st at the Johto Pokemon League, she returned to Goldenrod to fulfill her dream of opening a Pokemon Training Center at Downtown Goldenrod.

It took her three years to open a large building west of Goldenrod, with the help of her two best friends Nick Murs, a champion of the Unova Pokemon League, and Adriana Stewart, a PokeAthlete medalist, Rita will strive to make dreams come true, and inspire the next generation of Pokemon trainers, Coordinators, and Pokemon Athletes everywhere in the Pokemon World.

Features: As Rita's goal to educate and train aspiring people, The Goldenrod Pokemon Training Center consists of three areas of training. Each area has three things in common: Stamina, Bondage, and the most important: Teamwork.

~Competitive Battling: Students who are mainly interested in competing for the Pokemon League or generally interested in going on a journey but need help getting started are trained rigorously in the Battling Center. Battling Simulators are held, as well as Gym Leader visits (from Johto or from any other regions) for any practice battles and for mentoring. Students will also learn about Pokemon movesets, as well as strategies commonly used by trainers.

~Contests: If battling isn't your thing, Rita also lends a hand in helping others succeed in Pokemon Contests. This includes move appeals, conditioning, as well as tips on scoring at least Hyper Rank. Rita will be the master coordinator of the Contests section of the Center, as she is also a judge of the Johto Pokemon Contest coming soon.

~Pokeathlon: If your Pokemon are more athletic rather than appealing or competitive, training your Pokemon to become "Poke-Athletes" is another choice. Earning gold medals may be a dream for everyone, and The Pokemon Training Center can help you achieve that, with past (and present Pokemon Athletes and their trainers who strive to help other aspiring athletes achieve their dreams of reaching the podium.​

Notable NPC's​

048.gif
227.gif

Rita Torres – Former Pokemon trainer, retired. Owner and operator of the Training Center and dedicates full-time to training aspiring Pokemon Coordinators, which is her stronger field. She is very patient to her students, and will answer any questions and solve any problems. Pokemon: Skarmory

069.gif
631.gif

Nick Murs – Winner of the Unova Pokemon League for 3 consecutive years. He has been trained rigorously under Brycen for several years before moving to Goldenrod to join Rita at the Training Center. He is the serious of the 3 instructors, as he takes battling to the high competitive level. He does not take no for an answer (unless he states the otherwise) and he will do anything to win, no matter what. Pokemon: Heatmor

006.gif
284.gif

Adriana Stewart – Gold Medalist in Pokemon Hurdles, Silver Medalist in Poke-Ring Toss. She has participated in almost every event of the Pokeathlon, and has won mostly Gold & Silver medals, never a Bronze. She and her Pokemon decided to take a break from athleticism to mainly focus on teaching future PokeAthletes the skills required to achieve Gold. She does not like quitters. If you give up, she won't tolerate you and will leave you in the dark until you decide to reach your goal. Pokemon: Masquerain​

Rules​

Basics:
~The Game Master (GM) of this roleplay is Megan (Leaf Storm). This means I make the shots, I make the calls, and I am the "go-to" person if you have a problem with the roleplay, have any questions regarding the roleplay, or other concerns you may have.
~All Roleplay Corner rules, as well as the Global PokeCommunity rules apply in this roleplay. Any rule-breakers will be referred to Skymin.
~You are limited to ONE Pokemon, and one ONLY. No exceptions.
~God-Modding is prohibited under any circumstances.
~Bunnying is allowed IF you have granted permission. Otherwise, it is also prohibited.
~Activity in this roleplay is important. There may be slow times, there may be fast times. But I highly recommend you to stick around. You will be dropped (and possibly be replaced) if you do not keep up/become inactive.
~Rated K+. Please do not be violent, basically…do not go too romantic either. This is like a PG movie. Everything done in this roleplay must be family-friendly.

Things to know!​

~Evolution will not be based on the games, they will be based on the roleplayer's posts, activity, and quality. The less active you get, the longer it'll take to evolve your Pokemon
~In the sign-up, the area "Pokemon" is optional, this means you have the option to list a Pokemon of your choice. It must not be a starter, legendary, pseudo-legendary, or shiny.
~In addition, if you DID NOT list a Pokemon in that field, I will VM you a list of regions and their starter Pokemon for you to choose.
~This is a chaptered/event-based roleplay. I will announce the events for each of the sections, so that way I'll give you all time for your Pokemon to practice before I officially announce the event, regardless of section.
~I will reward you with items such as potions, TMs, and booster items for good quality posts or out of random.

Spoiler:

Training Center Members​

Reservations lasts 48 hours after the day you posted. Your spot will be lost if you do not finish your SU on time. If demand for spots arises, I will add more in the future.
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jan 26, 2013
Reserve for competitive battler please. I'll get my S.U up tomorrow :3

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Done! You have 48 hours after your reservation post.

I would like to remind you (and everyone who intends to sign up), is that you won't be added to the list until you bring an SU and I accept it. That way I can edit my OP less. xD

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
Years
Name: Leo
Appearance:
250px-Kotetsu.png

Sporting a backpack full of essentials for his Riolu and himself, has a red headband, has blue eyes, short brown gray hair, and white skin. Leo is on the short side and is worried about catching any evolving Pokemon then being bullied. He is only 5'3, but still finds this to be unacceptable of a height even if he is just a young boy. Often being a bit in a rush, Leo will wear his golden running shoes that will allow him to run away in times of crisis. He often puts on a red scarf to lift over his neck to try and look cooler. The scarf is rarely used and placed in his backpack only to be pulled out for contest time. In his backpack, is his coordinator's uniform for dressing up for contest. His coordinator's uniform is a black vest over a white collar shirt with black dress pants. His scarf is only added for performance value or when facing a tough opponent too.
Personality: He likes to talk to girls and help them out. He has a strong sense of justice and believes Pokemon should be treated with care. He hates the people who talk about contest in a bad way and immediately battles them to win. Leo has a kind heart and always puts his Pokemon first when ever it comes to battling. He loves to help other Pokemon or teach his Pokemon new moves. Leo is cheerful to anyone he meets and especially if that person is a girl. He likes Pokemon contest, dumplings, appealing pokemon, cute girls and he dislikes evil organizations, people who disrespect pokemon. Leo is always trying to look cool as a statement for attention. Being so small has often got him ignored by others and because of that he tries many different styles and accessories to try and stand out. Even if others don't agree with his methods, Leo will still try to solve a problem using his own style of coordinating and skill. Leo is rarely at a lost for words and will always seem to know what to say even if it's wrong. Energetic and always ready to move along, it is often wondered if Leo ever has an off-day. However, since preparing for Pokemon contest Leo has tried to incorporate some logic and analytical thinking into his attack moves and choices. Though he hasn't gotten a grasp of it yet he hopes the training center will be the place to help him get better at these skills.
History: As a child Leo hated the idea of pushing his pokemon too hard. When he watched league battles he would start to cry if the pokemon were hurt too bad. Leo's life was worst because his father was a gym leader that loved to push his pokemon to their limits. He thought that this method would bring out their full power in the end. Leo disapproved of this and started training on showing his father how to show a pokemon's power without the limit pushing. Trying to find an alternative means to what type of battling would stop pushing Pokemon past their limits, Leo fell asleep. He awoke to his television blasting and immediately turned his head. He had somehow turned on the televison through the remote he was sleeping on. On the television was the Grand Festival of the Hoenn region. Leo watched intently as the coordinators and their Pokemon worked together to perform stunning appeals and create an even more stunning battle appeal. After watching the evnt on televison, Leo realized that Pokemon contest and being a Pokemon coordinator would give him what he wanted. A style that didn't require him to push his Pokemon over their limits and hurt them. Also from watching the contest, he found that coordinators had a better bond between Pokemon than trainers did. With that Leo decided to try being a coordinator. Because coordinator and Pokemon work together to perform and make the people happy, it didn't require much to be a top coordinator other than skill and spirit. Leo was happy he had an abundance of those things. As he tried he soon found that he was becoming tied into the battle moves more than the appeal moves. With that Leo decided to go out on his own journey and enter contest. As he packed up and began to leave home his father gave him a few empty pokeballs. He later tried to give Jack his Pigeot, but Leo ran out of the house too quickly. He bumped into an old man who gave him Riolu after hearing his problem. Now he has decided to go to the training center to see what the contest would have in store for him.
Reason to join the club: Leo planned to visit the Training Center because he wants to learn more about the essentials of becoming a top coordinator. While he is confident in his Riolu's skills and abilities he is afraid he is not up to par with those skills. He doesn't want to hold Riolu back and so to build his confidence and gain some experience he decided to come to the training center so that he could make him and Riolu the top contest duo.
Pokemon:
Species: Riolu
Nickname: Ki
Ability: Inner focus
Moveset: (Up to 6, Egg/TM moves allowed. Coordinators must choose their moves wisely). Sky Uppercut, Bulk up, Quick Attack, Force Palm, Blaze Kick, Detect

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
You're lacking the following, dude:

~Hometown: Your character must be from Johto. You can't choose a city outside of Johto. :(

~Appearance: I require a paragraph along with the picture, a brief one line description of the character isn't enough tbh D:

~Personality: You don't have 20 lines or 2 paragraphs. You're getting there, it just needs more info!

~History: Same as above in regards to length. I really love the fact that his father pushed him hard with battling. My question is, what got him into coordinating as a result. He decided, yes...but how? Did he watch a contest? A friend maybe got him interested? Expand that a little, ok!

Soooooo, if you can fix those/add more info you'll be good!

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
Years
I made the changes, but if I need to do anything more just tell me I really did appreciate the feedback. Sorry about the hometown I was doing two S.U. at once and got stuff all mixed up and confused.

Any kind of update? Or are we dead?

Last edited:

Charzeon

Pedigree Breeder
Years
Name: Sara Goodman

Hometown: Cherrygrove City

Appearance:
Pokemon_trainer_by_Zombiesmile.jpg

(Picture is not owned by me)

Sara is around five feet five inches with dark tanned skin and a very slim build. She has short, brown hair done up in a ponytail with some white dye at the end. She has a oval shaped face and her eyes eyes are small and are a light green in colour.

Sara's clothing include a red tank-top with a jacket that looks like this but white in colour, the sleeves ending at the elbow and a Pokeball design on the back. Her pants are smoke grey skinny jeans with a belt that has the wing of a Togekiss as a belt buckle and she wears white slip-ons. Sara has a red bandana with some white flames on it on her neck, and a gold bracelet in the shape of a Serperior eating its own tail on her right wrist.

Personality: Sara has a very rebellious nature. She has never liked following 'the man' and usually does things her own way. This, of course, gets her into quiet a bit of trouble. Indeed, she is no stranger to the police. Never for anything serious and she has never been in confinement for longer than a week, though it has not stopped her from committing these actions. Sara is also quite loud and likes to voice her own opinions no matter what others may feel about it. Also, she has problems paying attention to anything due to her ADHD. This can led her to suddenly change the conversation or to ignore someone who was talking to her. She doesn't mean to do any of these things and tries to pay attention, but she isn't very good at it.

But, despite all of this, Sara has a great love for Pokemon. In fact, the only times she seems to behave is when there is a Pokemon involved. Though, over all, she is a decent person and will help others if she feels they truly need it. This isn't very often for she has a great distrust of most people, other than her brother, in general. Sara believes that most people are out to get her and that it would be better if she didn't trust anyone. Though, as mentioned before, she will open up completely to a Pokemon, even if it doesn't really understands her.

History: Sara was born and raised in Cherrygrove, and hated every second spent there. Born to the owners of the local Pokemart, she was often by herself and left to her own devices. She had an older brother, but he was her senior by nearly ten years though he did love her and played with her. However he soon went off to college and gained a job that took him to Hoenn and there weren't many children in the town. The few that there were soon left to become Pokemon Trainers. Her parents, however, did not approve of her following the same path due to her ADHD. This caused no end of frustration for the young girl which caused her condition to become worse which lead to more trouble and bad grades at school.

Her parents were at their wit's end by the time Sara became 16 and it was clear that she would most likely have to drop out of highschool. Knowing that her brother was the only person she ever really listened to, they sent her to Hoenn to live with him for a year. Sara loved this and did everything she possibly could to avoid getting either herself or her brother into trouble. While not always successful she was able tone it all down, much to his relief.

Then came the day she got to directly meet a Pokemon that wasn't owned by a trainer. When she was taking a walk through the cliffs outside of Fallarbor, where her brother worked as a geographic scientist, and saw a Swablu fly overhead. She followed after it, not paying attention to her surrounding and fell off a cliff to another one a five feet down. This not only cause her to break her left ankle but also disturbed a Serviper who attacked to defend itself. Sara thought that this would be the end of her when a Zangoose appeared and attacked the Serviper. The two held a heated before the Zangoose was able to deal enough damage to the Serviper and make it retreat.

The Zangoose, wounded but standing, then disappeared back into the bushes. Sara, though grateful for the Zangoose's help, now was scared that she would be stuck here without anyway of getting help or food. Not to mention powerless to any Pokemon that may wish her harm. The bushes rustled again and Sara feared the worst when the Zangoose from before appeared carrying a large amount of Oran berries. He gave the girl half of the berries and quickly devoured the other half himself. Sara was amazed at this kindness and also ate the berries, though they were not able to cure her ankle. As night fell the Zangoose cuddled up to Sara to keep her warm. It was at this time that she finally noticed that he only had one usable eye and covered in scars.

Early the next morning Sara heard her brother's voice and called back so that he could find her. When the Zangoose looked up she was afraid that he would run away but, to her delight, he did not even when her brother and the rest of the search party appeared and pulled her up. He even followed her into the town and was with her every chance he could. Though her brother was hesitant at first, he soon let go of his worry when he saw that the Zangoose meant no harm and even convinced the doctors to allow it into her room.

Sara and the Zangoose, who she called Tavi, became inseparable after that. Though he would not allow himself to be put into a Pokeball, Tavi always stayed by Sara's side and making sure that his good eye was always on her, including when she went back to Jhoto.

Reason to join the club: Though it took a few years still, Sara was finally able to convince her parents to allow her to go become a Pokemon trainer. She had heard of this Trainer's club from many trainers mentioning it when they came to her parent's store. Knowing that he knowledge of Pokemon was lackluster at best, she figured this would be the perfect place to learn more about Pokemon and to develop skills with Tavi when it comes to battling.

Pokemon:
15v8xu.png

Species: Zangoose

Nickname: Tavi

Ability: Immunity

Moveset: Crush Claw, X-scissors, Razor Wind, Iron Tail, Aerial Ace, Night Slash

Back