• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Any plans for your team?

Guy

just a guy
Years
In Black and White, we were only given the choice of using the newer Pokémon in our team. We had no option of using Pokémon from the previous games before B2W2 came out. Based on the video footage we've seen so far, it seems as though quite a handful of older generation Pokémon will be made available earlier on in the games this time. Assuming Nintendo wasn't just trying to cover up more of the new Pokémon we'll see later on, do you plan on including some of the past generation Pokémon in your team or are you going to use only the 6th Gen Pokémon during your first few playthroughs?

Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2013
I think I will try and use more of the 6th gen pokes than others during the first playthrough but afterwards I probably just use my old favorites with some new ones mixed in.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
For nostalgic sake, I always try to have some sort of older gen. pokemon on my teams, so I do plan on doing so in this gen. ^^ Though, for the sake of trying something new too, my pokemon team will most likely consist 4/6 or 5/6 of the new pokemon.

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
If they have Eevee and its Eeveelutions in the games, there's definitely gonna be at least one of those on at least one of my teams (and if they make a new Eeveelution or Eeveelutions, they're definitely going on my team).

Other than that, I'll probably try to have at least five of my team members be from the new generation.

blue

gucci
Years
I think it's a little early to determine since we only know of 5 Pokemon but it will definitely entail Fennekin and hopefully the new eeveelution.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
I'm going to try my best to have all new Pokémon on my team. Of the Pokémon that they showed in the trailer (though I believe that they showed so many older generation Pokémon was because they didn't want to show any of the newer ones past the three starters), none of them interest me. A new team with entirely new Pokémon always makes for more interesting game play.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Announced just two days and the question is already being asked...

I suppose I'll likely have somewhere between 3-4 6th gen pokemon on my team (depending on how much I like them), 1 from the 5th gen that I like but didn't the chance to use for a main story. (Swanna or Golurk for example) and then top it off with a pokemon from the 1st-4th gen.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
I think it's a little early to determine since we only know of 5 Pokemon but it will definitely entail Fennekin and hopefully the new eeveelution.

This is how I feel except Chespin replacing Fennekin. I'll try to use all new Pokemon because I want to get use to the 6th Gen Pokemon.

Years
I plan to go with Froakie, and another five Gen VI Pokemon.
That is, unless I hate each and every one of them (which is totally possible). D:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I'm curious if anyone intends on using the legendaries. I actually might end up using the X deer because I think it looks awesome, and that's very different from how I usually handle legendaries (catch+box).

I do hope to use mostly new Pokemon though, but I have so many Pokemon lovies that I have to see exactly what's where before I make a decision. :3

Years
I will try to have 4 or 5 (or 6) of my members be new Pokemon. I would use Houndoom if it were available, and I was thinking about Golurk since they presented it in the trailer (assuming it will be available pre-e4). I'm still deciding between the starters, but Chespin is probably who I'm gonna pick. We still have a whole pregnancy ahead of us though, so I'm not too worried about deciding quickly.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
6 generations?!

Yesh! I can finally have one from every generation

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
For my first playthroughs of both games, I'm probably going to stick to gen VI only so I can get a feel for what's good and get accustomed to the new Pokemon. Then I'll probably do Hall of Fame challenge on whichever becomes my storage game. After my first two playthroughs though, I assume I'll go to my standard of using a mixture of Pokemon, or trading in stuff because of challenges (I prefer to do those on the latest games anyway so).

Shubshub

Master of The Y
Years
For my Storyline Team Im going to try and use Mainly 6th Gen Pokemon
And for My Competitive Team (That is if we can Import our Pokemon Over) I Will Be Using my Shiny Electivire, Shiny Haxorus, Chandelure, Pinsir, Volcarona and Garchomp
Although I Do Plan to Swap one of my Team Members out for a 6th Gen Pokemon

Years
Based on the trailer, I'm assuming older Pokemon will reappear in the regional dex, but I still think I'll end up using at least 3-4/6 new Pokemon on my team (still debating whether I want Chespin or Fennekin as my starter).

I am guessing that a lot of people will be making teams with their favorite Pokemon from each region in the post-game, but I haven't decided if that's what I'll be doing yet.

Back