• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2010
I like the sound of the new minigame! It sounds like a lot of fun, I wonder what that's gonna look like?

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
hey zel i have a question are you going to change the face you know in the region map cause i was just wondering. anyway i cant wait till beta 6 well good luck with it

I think he said he would somewhere and it's best to as it's the Fr one.

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
Years
Uh, Zel's back! Let's party!

I like the new game. Unneccessary but fun.

But I would prefer if the prize wasn't money but rather items/coins (with the earlier preferred by me). If it was for money, then it wouldn't be a minigame but rather a JOB.

It's a pity that FR/LG doesn't have room decoration. If it had, it would be just PERFECT prize.

Keep The Hack Up, anyway, I support you, as always.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Uh, Zel's back! Let's party!

I like the new game. Unneccessary but fun.

But I would prefer if the prize wasn't money but rather items/coins (with the earlier preferred by me). If it was for money, then it wouldn't be a minigame but rather a JOB.

It's a pity that FR/LG doesn't have room decoration. If it had, it would be just PERFECT prize.

Keep The Hack Up, anyway, I support you, as always.

But the room decoration was just a bunch of scripts,wasnt it? It isnt a system like(game corner thing.), It sorts of uses sprites, and movements.

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
The thread's open!

I'm glad to see the thread's open and that hacking has re-commenced (again). Hope you can make progress over the summer Zel.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2014
Of course, the game is magnificent; however, it's my nature to be pedantic and thusly aware you that the phone booths should read 'Whom do you wish to call?' and not 'Who do you wish to call?'.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2010
That egg contains a random pokemon, for example I got a pichu from it.... I wish the new minigame had more incentive. I look foward to having challenging gym fights, some were quite easy, and yet some were hard, like Janine.... I hope more pokemon are put in there like beldum... Me wants Metagross >.< ...... Good luck with the next beta

CrashmanX

Mechamon
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 22, 2016
Nice Work

Congraulations, I have to say this is one of the BEST Hacks i have ever played. Although I have one problem, I cant play it on my DS. But Other than that it is a great game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nikko.Ideator

Black FC: 2022 7801 5735
Years
Oh, and Zel. Do you already have the music for Elm's lab and Burnt Tower? Also, what are you going to do with the Pokemon sprites? I noticed you changed the starters. Are you going to edit the rest of the Johto Pokemon? I thought it would be cool if you'd change the Kanto Pokemon's sprite to their R/S ones. Since the R/S ones were the default, and they only edited the 1st gen ones because they were remaking the 1st gen. Just an idea. I love the hack. It's a very "authentic" GS remake experience. Excited for beta 6.

-Nikko.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sisyphaean

Run with it
Years
Glad to see this thread is up and running again! I've been lurking on this thread since Beta 4, and one of the first things I did when I registered was to download the hack. Shiny Gold is one of the greatest hacks out there, IMO, and I can't wait to see it finished!

I do have a question, though. Where is this new minigame going to be located?

alureon

Alureon the Pokemon Master
Years
  • Seen Aug 8, 2009
Beta 6 is going to be great. Nice minigames Zel they are awesome. Anyway was wondering if you were going to put the Day Night System, The Johto Battle Tower, Pokemon Contest Halls in major city's ??

Contest halls would be good because Fire Red already has a contest ribbon page, and also the contest moveset page, in the Pokemon page. Fire Red had these features but failed to implement contests making it exclusive to RSE. If your afraid you'd run out of sprites for contests then take off the showoff round which is part 1, and just put in part 2 contest moves that way you save sprites. If not put em all and it be even more beastly with part 1 and 2 =). I always went to the museum to view them paintings and see ribbons and records. If you were to add a museum with the contest hall's it be awesome just like the trick house added.

Fire Red lacked berry plants. If you use the original ruby berry's and replace the current ones, then you can make pokeblocks for Pokemon Contests, in addition to keeping the original gold berry's effects. This way your adding more berry's, keeping the original sprites and the original gold version effect berry's. The only change was the names with the conversion of GSC to RSE with the new berries. You can replace the 2nd generation berry tree sprite with the 3rd generation trees making it look more aesthetic complete berry system that actually blends in with your graphics. Then you can use the sudowodo pail to water them.

Anyways its great as it is, just putting ideas that might be fun since it sounds like Pokémon contest mini game lol with ruby berry system, its a great hack thanks for making it yo and the weather effects are awesome =).

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Hey Zel about wild pokemon locations, are they gonna be based on Gold/Silver, Crystal or a mix of both (exception of Hoenn pokemon since they don't normally appear in Jhoto).

For example in Crystal Ariados appears on route 37 while Furret & Venomoth on Route 43 but all 3 can only be found in Kanto in Gold & Silver.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
Hey Zel about wild pokemon locations, are they gonna be based on Gold/Silver, Crystal or a mix of both (exception of Hoenn pokemon since they don't normally appear in Jhoto).

For example in Crystal Ariados appears on route 37 while Furret & Venomoth on Route 43 but all 3 can only be found in Kanto in Gold & Silver.

Zel said that all pokemon locations will be the same as in Gold.
With Hoenn pokemon as rare encounters a every route/cave etc

Back