• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would like to see a Water/Psychic pokemon as well. I /NEED/ a bug and ghost/dark type. I would also like to see a pre evolution for Shuckle. Maybe it could be like a worm or something?

I also like the OP's idea. I would also like to see a non-legendary Dragon/Ice type.

Dragon/Ice would be a really strong typing though. Somehow I feel like it's better reserved for Kyurem, maybe?? :x

Basculin

Dragonite Fan
Years
Dragon/Ice would be a really strong typing though. Somehow I feel like it's better reserved
for Kyurem, maybe?? :x

That's what makes me upset...D: It would be super strong AND a combination of my favorite types!
We shall see!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Water/Dragon is stronger than Ice/Dragon in terms of weaknesses and strengths.

I'll like to see a new pokemon based on a fencer, with nicely decorated rapiers.

Years
We need a Dark-type tarsier. I'd also like to see a hamster and a white tiger. I also think that it's about time that we got a Velociraptor.
A white tiger would be nice since you could incorporate other elements of big cats into it: lions, leopards, etc. and it would be colored white, which isn't a common color for Pokemon. It would be easy enough to have one that could evolve into a saber-tooth tiger as well.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Not sure if anyone saw this already, but:

bhabvc.png

I do wonder what that final lettering can represent as an eeveeultion. Well, -if- it represents an eeveelution. The color might be a clue... it looks like a flying symbol? Maybe a new flying type Eeveelution? Hm.

In other news, I would like to see a carbuncle creature~ Or maybe some sort of roadrunner? (not sure if that has been done; unless Doduo represents a roadrunner in some way?).

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
How about a Pokemon based on a spooky bush or tree. I'd call it something like Fritree or Hedgror. They live in dark Forests and they are a dual Grass/Ghost type. I'm sure that something like that would be coming up soon.

Otherwise, I would stick with my username: Boilurn, even though kettles/tea urns are unlikely to come up.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
I guess some more food for thought: Every generation so far has given us roughly the same Pokémon selection at the start of the game. The obvious starters, but also a normal type rodent with a two-stage evolution (Rattata, Sentret, Zigzagoon, Bidoof, Patrat), a normal/flying bird (Pidgey, Hoothoot, Taillow, Starly, Pidove) a couple of fast-evolving (but generally mediocre) bugs (Caterpie/Weedle, Ledyba/Spinarak, Wurmple (Beautifly/Dustox), Kricketot, Sewaddle/Venipede) as well as a more "special" critter that's a tad more powerful/exotic and useful for longer (Pikachu/Mankey, Gastly, Ralts, Shinx, Lillipup). Granted, the last point is the least consistent one, but generally, we get a bug or two, a bird and a rodent at the very start. Not long after, plant-based critters start to appear. From there on the patterns thin out and each generation has its own spin on things.

I think we can look forward to roughly the same in XY as well. So, what might GameFreak have in store for us regarding these early-game 'mons?

I hope we get a flying squirrel for the rodent this time. (not Emolga) Squirrels are adorable and long overdue. Granted, GameFreak might go for a three-in-a-row and hijack the squirrel design to feature as the Pikachu expy again, which means we're probably in for another chipmunk or rat. As for bugs, they've done butterflies, bees, ladybugs, spiders, moths, more butterflies, krickets and monster caterpillars, so perhaps we'll see a beetle of sorts? Or maybe another Spider because you can never have enough spiders~ But apart from Heracross and Pinsir, we haven't had that many beetles. I'd also like it if GameFreak if they let the bird be an owl again, smiliar to a Hoothoot, after all owls are cool and pidgeons have already been done twice. Pygmy owls, for instance, make great bases for Pokémon designs. They are also pretty cute, which is always a plus.

That early-game "joker" that sticks with you for some time (a la Shinx or Mareep) could be a fire or ghost type for once. Unlike the docile Water and Grass types, Fire types generally are a tad more offensive than average, have great advantages against early bugs and Grass types, and they are hard to fit design-wise into many environments, so GameFreak usually restrict them to mid-game, way after you've encountered your first non-starter Water and Grass types. BW2 gave us early Growlithe, so maybe there is hope that we could get a cute little fire-spewing critter of doom before we get our first badge? Hence why I do hope for another Salamander, orrrr a fire-cat~

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Not sure if anyone saw this already, but:

bhabvc.png

I do wonder what that final lettering can represent as an eeveeultion. Well, -if- it represents an eeveelution. The color might be a clue... it looks like a flying symbol? Maybe a new flying type Eeveelution? Hm.

In other news, I would like to see a carbuncle creature~ Or maybe some sort of roadrunner? (not sure if that has been done; unless Doduo represents a roadrunner in some way?).

I heard that the pink bow doesn't represent any pokemon and that the one you put the question mark over is assigned to Espeon. The pink bow is more like a separator.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I'd love a ram Pokémon. It could be fighting and steel?

I'd be for a ram if we didn't just have Terrakion/Cobalion in the previous generation which kind of fit that somewhat :(

Ace.

Love Yourself
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Ninfia does look like Victini in a way. Oh well, Froakie and Chespin are having look alikes as well so I don't really care. But I really think Ninfia will be called Ninfeon because all the eeveeloutions have eon at the end of it. I also think Nifia will be a Normal or Flying Type. Flying cause lots of people say it will be and it really looks like a normal type. c;

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
But I really think Ninfia will be called Ninfeon because all the eeveeloutions have eon at the end of it.

I looked on Bulbapedia and I looked at Leafeon and Glaceon's Japanese names and they both end in "ia" So I assume that this will be the case for Ninfia, and it will follow the path of all of the other eeveelutions and end in "eon"

Years
I would imagine Ninfia would be the Japanese name. Either Nympheon from the water-lily flower, Nymphaea, or Ninfeon which could just be Nymphaea in a different language (jap).

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Hmmm given that there's a new Eeveelution which is -really- creative looking, does anyone else think that the rest of the Pokemon revealed will likely be overcomplicated, like Unova? Because from the looks of it I think they're scrapping the simple designs, and if so something like a Dolphin will be overcomplicated and ruin what we've waited for :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
We may get another eeveelution, wonder what it'll be...Steel? So even if one doesn't count eevee they'll be nine eeveelutions...so Nineon would work even better ^_^
hopefully Ninfia does get cloud nine or some sort of weather nullification ability, it'll be a big help in double battles,rotation (if first/sent out to replace the first) or triple against perma weather sets.

Also back on the other eevee I imagine it'll remind me of sailor moon like Ninfia, especially if it has to do with stars...lol the eeveelutions can now represent the nine celestial bodies.

Back