• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen New Pokemon and Type Combinations Speculation

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I still want my Grass/Dragon type pokemon.

A Vampire bat would be cool, it could be Dark/flying, maybe they could make it compete with Swoobat for food.

Years
Speaking of hybrids, I guess there might be new hybrid pokemon this time around - sort of like Kyruem? Maybe hybrids can be the new forms of pokemon; like maybe more Rotom Formes, or more Deoxys Formes, or just entirely new forms of the new pokemon.

I really, REALLY, hope this does NOT happen. If they started fusing, it'd be the end for me ;;

It's like one of Kyurem's perks, too.

They really need some good ice types speaking of which, they're so neglected.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
We need more Dark-Types, so we could FINALLY have a Dark Gym (and it better be GOOD!)

Also, the fossils should be mammals, maybe a Woolly Mammoth with Snow Plow tusks, or a Saber-Tooth that shoots lightning from its fangs!

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
Hm... I'm actually thinking that it would be nice to have a Pokémon that is based off a Japanese Giant Hornet, maybe they could make it into a Bug/Dark-type or something. It would be really interesting to see a Pokémon like that emerge.

Years
  • Seen Feb 28, 2014
Maybe it already been said I just skimmed threw so far, but isn't it time for a new Mouse Type Pokémon? Pikachu, Sandshrew, Marill, so maybe a fire mouse or something of the sort..

Years
  • Seen Oct 8, 2013
I believe in evolutions and pré evolutions. I think that there'll be Mr. Mime evolution, possible Jinx and/or Lapras too. Some pré or evolutions to the 3th generation pokemon, like Zangooze, Seviper, Tropius, and others. And brand new types combinations, something like a water/fire salamander pokemon, a dragon with dragon/grass types, some ghost/steel, a Dark/Eletric, and other new break combinations, something like that. Hope that the arts are good, I don't really like the 5th generation arts, and some pokemons are just too weird, like Vanilluxe, an ice cream pokemon, really? :s

Flydro

doobz
Years
I'd like to see more diverse type combos, and I want to see new and different animal designs for the pokemon of this gen. Maybe some things like a Psychic/Dark type panda bear, a Fighting/Electric type badger or wolverine, or even an Ice/Steel type wolf would be cool to see. Overall just some new creative designs are what I want to see.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I believe in evolutions and pré evolutions. I think that there'll be Mr. Mime evolution, possible Jinx and/or Lapras too. Some pré or evolutions to the 3th generation pokemon, like Zangooze, Seviper, Tropius, and others. And brand new types combinations, something like a water/fire salamander pokemon, a dragon with dragon/grass types, some ghost/steel, a Dark/Eletric, and other new break combinations, something like that. Hope that the arts are good, I don't really like the 5th generation arts, and some pokemons are just too weird, like Vanilluxe, an ice cream pokemon, really? :s

Mr. Mime just seems... forgotten. Jynx and Lapras were well known-ish, but back then Mime was only known as being an assistant and seeing it getting an evolution randomly now would be weird given that it has never really had much spotlight nor really -needs- one. :x

Years
  • Seen Feb 4, 2014
Fairly sure the one on Golurk's arm is an Eevee!

Since there's already rumour of a new Eeveelution in the upcoming movieshort, that'll be interesting. Fighting would be interesting. Though so would pretty much any type.

Maybe the eevee in golurk's arm is the new ground evolution of it

clarification:-

the trainer there is standing with all the ground types( golurk palpitode,,)
hence it can be a ground form of eevee...........

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years

Yaa its possible....

and also maybe that trainer standing in the statue is the ground type leader or E4....

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

No, the Eevee on the Golurk's arm is a regular Eevee. But that's a good speculation on what type of Eevee evolution we may get.

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Actually, Ground type eevee is a gud idea here... Bt wt i rly want is a evolution of eevee and from that evolved form, the chain fr each type remaining would be continued..

From Eevee - jolteon,umbreon,leafeon,flareon,espeon,glaceon n vaporeon..
&
From Eevee's evolution - some other type..!

I knw its weird bt expectations r limitless.. ;-)

think n cmment..

Years
I would like a decent Skunk pokemon, not ones like Stunky where it had a butt for a face.

A Leopard Gecko or Bearded Dragon pokemon would be good, as would a pegasus.

I'd also like a Siamese Fighting Fish.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I would like a decent Skunk pokemon, not ones like Stunky where it had a butt for a face.

A Leopard Gecko or Bearded Dragon pokemon would be good, as would a pegasus.

I'd also like a Siamese Fighting Fish.

I kind of like just Skuntank, not really Stunky but still. I think having a skunk two generations ago means it's less likely to appear now as it's not like, an overly common Pokemon imo, compared to cats and dogs which appear commonly really.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
What I hope for and what I predict are two quite different things.
I hope for more evolutions/pre-evolutions for Pokemon of previous generations. Zangoose, Mightyena, Mawhile, plenty of Pokemon could use some additions to their line. And I hope for some cool alter evolutions for a couple of Pokemon. Sawsbuck is a pretty male appearing Pokemon, I mean it has the word "buck" in it's name, which means a male dear. How about a female-exclusive Sawsdoe? Sounds pretty badass in theory to me.
I also hope for more eeveelutions. I actually predict that they will make them. I am just scared of what they will come up with design-wise. I was comfortable just thinking that Eevee could evolve into the first 5 Eeveelutions. But after they introduced Glaceon and Leafeon, I believe they need to introduce one of every type.
I sincerely hope for more animal-based Pokemon. In generation 5, there were a lot of inanimate object and human based Pokemon. It was disappointing to me.
I'm moderately pleased with the starters that have been presented to us. I fear their evolutions though. I hope they will be to my liking, but basing on the final evolutions since, well, generation 3, I haven't been happy with final evolutions.
I also oddly hope for starter Pokemon to have gender differences in their final forms. I can see Froakie developing a big beard and mustache, and if they do that I hope there will be an alternate form for the female.

What I expect are.. A /lot/ of new dual-types. I don't dislike or like this. However, basing on last generation, I think there will be some more new dual-types we haven't seen.
I believe we're also going to be seeing another electric rodent, some crappy rodent-based normal types, and some more poorly designed humanoid Pokemon.

Mujahid

Sir Froakie is impressed.
Years
What is this Eevee on Gokurk's arm you people are talking about ? Did i miss something ?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Sawsbuck is a pretty male appearing Pokemon, I mean it has the word "buck" in it's name, which means a male dear. How about a female-exclusive Sawsdoe? Sounds pretty badass in theory to me.

Sawsdoe! I like the sound of that. Hopefully it'd be a special attacker, to be opposite, and that there's a new strong special normal STAB released just for it. Or just... of another typing, idk. Opposite does seem better (and more fun to use).

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
It maybe d eevee's ground form as jspnprakhar said..

I badly want a pre evolution for heracross named herass and lapras too(well shellos lookd like it though, nvm:-/)

i m expectin tauros to evolve into bouffalant n luvdisc into alomomola(its stats should be improved, cuz its too horrible)

Back