• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What part annoyed you the most in the 3d Gen Games?

MarioManH

top kek
Years
What part in any of the 3d Gen games has annoyed you the most?

For me, I would say Victory Road when I played Ruby version. I don't know why but it always seemed to take the longest time for me to complete and I felt like I would always get lost.

Years
Seeing my rival waiting up ahead and thinking to myself 'Oh damn....'

Or, spending ages attempting to make it up to Rayquaza without falling through the cracks in the floor.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen yesterday
Yeah, Sky Pillar and Victory Road were both tough. However, even as my brain developed and I was able to conquer them with ease like I can now xD, this:

Well, Emerald was my first game, so I didn't experience day/night until Gen IV and really just forgot about the clock I'd set in Emerald.
However, once I realised there was time, I then thought I could get an Espeon/Umbreon with my Eevee in LeafGreen. how wrong was I.

This is probably my least favourite thing about Gen III - not only could I not get Machamp, Alakazam etc. due to the difficulties of trading pre-Gen IV, but I couldnt get these, two of my favourites, for no apparent reason.

I've also not had internal battery issues with Emerald, so to me there really does seem to be no upside to losing the time feature.

That's my least favourite part. No time in LeafGreen.

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
the part in the Hoenn game that annoyed me the most was trying to get to the part to unlock the regi trio.

and in the kanto ones was not be able to trade my pokemon on from my Sapphire to LG/FR until after the league.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
Victory road was really annoying, due to it using a cocktail of HMs to travel it. It isn't even that hard if you have late 50's Pokémon, but the requirement of HMs is Mt. Cornet bad. (Although Mt. Cornet will always be worse. :/)

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
I also hate victory road. I took me more time to cross it than to reach it.

TreeKangaroo

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Years
Wally in victory road and the rouytes with rain and you can't run in the tal grass there. Also the recover spamming militics.

Last edited:
Years
if we're including the kanto games, itll be a tie between surge's gym (need I say more) and rock tunnel. that tunnel has put me off replaying the kanto games SO many times because I don't want to face it

Years
  • Seen Sep 1, 2013
I found the weather effects on the overworld really cool, but they really slowed down the battles. Battling in areas where there is rain or a sandstorm effect annoyed me because of the added text that made the battles last at least twice as long: "It started raining" "___ is buffeted by the storm", etc

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Two things in particular.

No day/night cycle and it was really hard or even impossible to get some pokemon. The third gen felt a bit detached from the previous two...even though overall the 3rd gen was my favourite.

PokeChris123

Pokémon Trainer
Years
Victory Road. I just hate going through there with Pokemon that need to know certain HM moves, which means I have to leave a team member behind and they don't get the experience I want them to get.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
The cave you had to went through to get to Lavender town... Man I hate having to use flash. For some reason, Granite cave in RSY didn't annoy me at all, I can easily maneuver through it in the dark.

Also, I hated the Digglet Cave, Arena Trap and the occasional overpowered Dugtrio are such a pain...

Years
i have to say my least favorite part of R/S is the Sky Tower. However, in FR/LG, it infuriates me that they give you the opportunity to begin collecting Pokemon from Gen II, only to find out they only give you a fraction of the Pokemon you should be able to get. Its like giving someone a piece of cake and taking away all of the frosting.

Silais

That useless reptile
Years
  • Seen Jul 17, 2016
The internal clock in Ruby went out after a year or so after it was first played, and after that the tides didn't work and other time-based events could not be completed, which annoyed me quite a bit. I also didn't like Sky Tower's broken tiles, but I liked grinding there and the music was good.

Years
It frustrated me to no end that I could never get to Mirage Island in Sapphire. I know that it's not even that special apart from the Liechi Berry, but I must've spent a solid year checking for it every day, and never having it appear. Then when my internal clock stopped, I think I was more upset that I'd never be able to get there over anything else.

tnfsf11

You guys already said everything I had in mind ^_^
I'll just quote the parts I agree with:

FR/LG
No day/night cycle and it was really hard or even impossible to get some pokemon.
Also, I hated the Digglet Cave, Arena Trap and the occasional overpowered Dugtrio are such a pain...
if we're including the kanto games, itll be a tie between surge's gym (need I say more) and rock tunnel.

R/S/E
Victory road was really annoying, due to it using a cocktail of HMs to travel it.
the part in the Hoenn game that annoyed me the most was trying to get to the part to unlock the regi trio.
spending ages attempting to make it up to Rayquaza without falling through the cracks in the floor.

Now let me add my points:

1. The braille in FR/LG where you need to use Cut in front of a door to open it, I had to open the internet for help & inevitably spoiled parts of the game.
2. Receiving the running shoes only after the first gym in FR/LG, it's annoying because I got used to them since R/S/E.
3. The two bikes in R/S/E, each having a different "signature move" needed to reach certain places, I was too lazy to switch in every new area so I missed out on some items.
4. Natures, it was a pain trying to capture/breed a poke with a nature that doesn't suck, especially for someone who knew about them halfway through the game.

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
Years
Overpowered 7th Gym in RSE. Really hated those twins, always being forced to capture a Sharpedo before them and just hope I could actually get past the Xatu and Claydol :(

Back