• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Which type of anime do you prefer more?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021

Do you prefer warrior animes with more fast paced fights ordo you prefer monster animes with more strategic and thought out battles? Iprefer animes with the more strategic fights with monsters in them.

Sir Codin

I prefer anime with a lot of action and comedy, but the nostalgia-goose in me prefers anime with a more 80's, 90's, early-2000's look.

You know, DBZ, Slayers, Pokemon's first season, Outlaw Star that sort of thing. It's the kind of anime I grew up with, so stuff like that tickles my fancy. That's not to say I automatically hate newer stuff (I'm rather fond of Needless), but the kind of old-school stuff I prefer.

Years
Fantasy...Yeah, something amazing and using imagination!
Shujou....The girls there is Kawaai!! And i prefer little action, not the heavy one..
Something like Naruto that with romance and comedy within it :3

Years
  • Seen May 24, 2019
I like physiologicals, shows that goes into the character's mind, feelings, etc. Characters that are not always strong physically and or mentally and can make you relate to them.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
I don't really mind what genre an anime is in as long as it's well written (both plot and character wise) and well paced.
However, if you want me to be more specific, then I guess I prefer a nice mix of action, drama, and comedy.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 2, 2013
Hm. I would have to say I would prefer a mix of what you said. Monster animes with plenty of action and comedy! Though it's not my first pick for sure. I mostly watch shounen but there are times I watch shoujo too. I also don't care for the animation style. I mean yeah a beautifully animated show is great but it goes to waste if the story is not as great. You know what I mean?

Crimson Stardust

Anime Addiction
Years
For me...i dont really have that strict preference..as long its very good and engaging, i would love it..
At one point i will prefer the kind of anime that got to do with life, no magical power or superhuman abilities..just normal kind of love and comedy and sometimes those power or magical type of anime..or alien or weird whatever..
Bottom line is, if the anime is good, i watch..xD

Graceful

あぁ、たいさ!♥
Years
I love psycological anime. But I'm also a big fan of comedy, romance and school-life, fantasy and many others. I also like good writen plots and good animation though I do have a few exceptions.
I won't watch anything without a storyline to follow or with random fighting for no actual reason.

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
Years
Recently I've been hooked on comedy and it's kind of annoying that people consider anything with funny moments to be in the comedy genre because those shows overshadow the ones that are purely comedy, like Joshiraku. But I digress.

Second place is probably romance and I've been trying to choke down Kimi ni Todoke but it's just so boring.

SLITCX

Spontaneous Water Lover
Years
I probably like the psychological ones like Death Note and Code Geass. I haven't really been watching anime much, but there are some great mangas of the same genre.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I like anime with a lot of action and adventure, but with a tad of comedy. Anime like Fullmetal Alchemist and Naruto were favorites of mine because they had a ton of action and adventure, while at the same time adding comedy into places it fit and didn't make the anime unbearable to watch.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Historical, mecha, space opera, sport and romance. Those would be my favorites. Romance usually happens to be mixed with others. I love watching everything that's interesting to me and good, but those would be my favorites.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Honestly I like almost anything as long as there's a decent story line to cling to, but if there's some romance or some fights along the way then that just keeps things more interesting! I love anime like Haruhi or Ouran Host Club where it's in an every-day high school setting in which strange situations arise and they need to be solved by the main characters (although slightly less-so in the former when the whole alien/esper/god/time traveller thing comes up...), but I also love anime like SAO and FMA where it's a great story with fighting along the way and it's all building up to some big moment, as wel as countless other genres of anime I've watched. As to which I prefer I'm not sure since they both tend to be just as gripping to me, so I guess I just love most types of anime haha.

Back