• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon: Hearts of War

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
uFQWa.png
9IAL6.png

Name: Pokemon: Hearts of War
Program: RPG Maker XP
Main Dev: WinterKirby

Hearts of War is actually a forum RP I did a while back, on a different site, but I was never able to get it off the ground. But I was still very fond of the idea. Especially the region and storyline itself. Now, with some tweaking and poking around, I've managed to modify it to fit a one-player storyline.

ahAeb.png

It was believed that when Michael took down Greevil fifty years ago, that Team Cipher was eliminated completely and the idea of Shadow Pokemon was banished to the depths of history. Well, that's not entirely true. Cipher has now migrated to the Ikoto Region under a new leader and a new name, Team Umbra. Their leader, who goes by the pseudonym Noxus, is a mysterious and charismatic man, whose concealed identity leads to many strange speculations on who he is. No one has ever seen his face, not even the three admins who work directly under him. Those three admins oversee the progress of the Shadow Pokemon project, and also provide Noxus with strategic advice.

Using the research obtained from the creation of XD001, Noxus began their plot for domination by capturing the weather trio, Groudon, Kyogre, and Rayquaza, and created XD002, 003, and 004, respectively. With the ability to alter the weather to his beck and call, Noxus has the power to reduce the entire region to a wasteland, and remake it in his own image. In response, the Ikoto Pokémon league has started gathering new trainers to combat this threat. They come from all over the region, and will be trained throughout all of the region.

You are one of these trainers. You just moved into Beryl City not too long ago, and now you will find out that everything isn't all peachy in Ikoto.

2RhGH.png

ivpZd.png

Here's a NEW map of Ikoto.
The region itself is located southwest of Orre.

Spoiler:

jP67k.png

I've designed the male protagonist, but I can't pick a palette that I want to use. Here's the 8 I've narrowed it down to:
Spoiler:

There are many interesting characters to meet in Ikoto. Here are just a few:

StZb5.png

You first meet Tye in Malachite City. He's a headstrong character, although he is very serious about battling and protecting his friends. He will constantly challenge you to make sure you stay on your toes.
His teacher is Blanc, the Malachite City Gym Leader.

1lndK.png

Jennifer is a level-headed, studious girl who makes her residence in Diamond City. She's older than you, and she frequently helps you along your journey, sometimes giving you useful items, and other times battling you to keep you sharp.
She learns under Rockette, the Diamond City Gym Leader.

And the Gym Leaders:
Spoiler:

Changes:
Over 80 new Pokémon!
A slew of new attacks and abilities!
A bunch of moveset changes!
A remodel of the Pokémon Center and Market (Although it currently uses the same tileset.)
The Pokémon center is no longer just for Pokémon either. At points in the story, you will actually be hurt.
People die. Because I'm allowed to do that. And it's a writing habit. People will die.

xmCDB.png

WinterKirby (Me) - Main Story, Events, Maps, Sprites
EmberFiraga - Music and sounds
SuperTreaz - Music
Pikakitten - Sprites
Bunni89 (Deviantart) - Sprites and Fakemon designs
Endrasa (Deviantart) - Fakemon designs
The guys who made the starter kit
Game Freak - Pokémon franchise
Enterbrain - RMXP
et cetera

a4N7H.png

Spoiler:

People I need:
Spriters: I ABSOLUTELY need spriters. Since I'm adding fakemon, and I don't have very good artistic abilities, I need someone else to draw out the sprites for me.
Musicians: Also, to give it more of a feel of originality, I need music.
Scripters: Because I can't do that by myself.

No, I do not need mappers.

uWvSJ.png

Put these in your siggies, guys!
Spoiler:

If anyone else wants to make banners, go right ahead!

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Great ideas and concepts! But anyway, i think you should not exclude the Gym Leaders. Keep up the good work and if you need someone to help you with maps, contact me!

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 6, 2015
I like the idea and the plan for this, If you ever need any help with mapping, I can help!

Also to make a spoiler you do this:
[*SPOILER] This is a spoiler.[/*SPOILER]

Without the '*'s so it becomes:
Spoiler:

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2013
Sweet to see I'm not the only one planning to make a game based off an rp. Story itself actually rolls off right, but if you want to attract more attention to this game, gotta show nice maps, and be able to contribute as well. Can't really help ya on development since RMXP's currently just a hobby for me, but you've got Nin and the Game Dev Recruitment thread waiting to help out.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
So I can't change the name of the spoiler?

I also need 15+ posts to post pictures.
I'm using the default tileset right now, but later on I'll probably update it with a custom one. If I can get one. Because I can't make it myself.

Also, updated OP. With Pictures! And Screenshots!

Last edited:

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
I'd be willing to help out with the music.

Just PM me what different songs you want (like overworld theme, etc).

I could also test for you.

Nonetheless, good luck! :)

Also, if you're looking for tile sets, go on Devianart, they have some BW/BW2 sets on there that you could use.

Also, no, the name of the spoiler can't be changed

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I added the Rivals in the OP, if anyone's interested.

Still need player characters, if anyone would like to work on those for me.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
I added banners and stuff for people to put in their signatures to make this more known.

Spoiler:

SuperTreaz

The Elder of Dunsparce
Years
Hey dude,
Am I part of the team or not? I don't want to get started writing some 20 tracks even if I don't know if I'm part of the group.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
Well, you haven't actually made anything yet, as far as I know. Have you made some tracks yet?

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
The male protagonist has been revealed! Although, I haven't picked a palette for him.

Years
  • Age 12
  • Seen May 11, 2015
To the people who care, here are 2 of the 3 new starters!
eErrd6X.png

Ceratal, the Petal Crown Pokémon.

and

wPXcLd9.png

Kitturn, the Ember Cat Pokémon.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
I think i fell in love with Kitturn, he's really awesome. He will definitely be my starter in your game. Ceretal is good too but i prefer Fire-types. Well, i must congratulate you on your project progress because i thought you abandoned it. About the male protagonist, i think you should use the 1st palette in your OP. Good luck with this!

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
And finally, Sylvisud, the Bubble Rabbit Pokémon.

ChaDv6k.png
DAMMIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!! Can a pokemon looks any cuter? Tell me what are your secrets to such beautiful pokemon? You should definitely be hired by Nintendo!!!!!!!!

Back