• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Gym Leader?

Its Mars

Red
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 25, 2012
What is everyone's favorite Gym Leader? Over all the generations?(In games, in Manga and in the show).

Mine is Probably Giovanni, mainly because of Pokemon Adventures.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I like Morty. Ghosts are cool and so are scarves!! And I also like Jasmine. She was my favorite as a kid. And umm...Elesa is p cool too. I'm not too crazy about any gym leaders though, haha. Just Morty!!

blue

gucci
Years
There are many I like equally but if I had to chose a favorite out of them all it would have to be Winona.

Tox

fight me
Years
My overall favourite is probably Misty, closely followed by Flannery or Sabrina.

I loved Misty in GSC especially, and in the anime and manga. Flannery looks awesome and I loved her character in the anime. Sabrina's personality in the anime was really cool. I also love psychic-types and her new style in HGSS.

My favourite out of the guys is Brawly. I just think he has the coolest personality and fighting-types are awesome.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I like Roxie because she plays rock music in addition to being a gym leader. Brock, Misty, Iris and Cilan are close because they traveled with Ash in the anime.

Mentalii

Back
Years
My favourite gym leader depends on my mood. I love them all.
Today I'm gonna answer Falkner. He's cute, a flying-type user, and in the manga his character's pretty interesting (he's a cop *v*).

Years
No one choose Erika? She's my favorite Gym Leader in games. IMO, she is the most beautifull and elegant women in all of the gym leaders I ever saw. Erika used Kimonos. Thats why I loved her very much. On my eyes... if women dressed with kimonos, they will looking more elegant than their usual body.*-*

Years
My favourite is Maylene. Largely because of Lucario but also because of how... human her character seems in the anime if you understand what I mean.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like really challenging gym Leaders, and none posed a greater challenge to me than Blue. Mainly because of the balance in his team, but also because of his really high levelled critters in comparison to other Gym Leaders. It was a great sort-of-end to a great game in GSC/HGSS to battle him.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
Years
Kanto: Janine
Johto: Morty
Hoenn: Flannery
Unova: Lenora

I don't really have one for Sinnoh...it's the region I've played the least of and I don't really remember any of the gym leaders. :/

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Lt. Surge, definitely. How many other gym leaders do you know who wear military gear? This dude's serious about his job! And he trains Electric-types, which are one of my favorite Pokemon types.

Plus, even his name is cool! The only other gym leader with a name that cool is Crasher Wake, who is also pretty awesome, but he comes in second. =P

Years
Blue would definitely be my favorite Gym leader. I really liked the change of having a Gym Leader with no particular type, and the fact that he was your rival from a past game makes it even more exciting.

While I wasn't really a fan of Sinnoh, Gardenia is another of my favorite Gym Leaders, if only for the fact that I thought it would be an easy victory against a Grass type leader, but she caught me off guard and nearly defeated me.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
A tie with Erika and Elesa. Erika would be the most amazing because she is very sweet and gentle, especially in the Anime. <3 Plus, she's a grass-type leader and like me, I adore grass-types. :D

I LOVE Elesa because of her new BW2 look. I was meh regarding her old look, but now I really, really love her giant coat and her long black hair. It's a drastic improvement.

Why I like both, is because they're hard to beat...and both use some wickedly amazing Pokemon. :3

Back