• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2011] Pokémon Ruby Destiny - Life of Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
So two n00bish people made LoG thread into another LP...?
Seriously... don't like it? Don't play it, don't write it.
Have your opinion and leave it in your mind.

Just started and I'm enjoying it so far. Though I wish the custom Pokemon were more common; I wanted a Chirpich, and was running around in the grass for a long time and never came across one. All I got were Pidgey and Furruny. Same with the Safari Zone; I was running around hoping to come across Stronthio, nope. Only got one and it ran. The rest of the pokemon were either Growlithe or Ponyta. I really want to try out these custom pokemon, but I can't because I can't get any!
They are really hard to find ;) Don't give up :)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay, okay, please everyone, as our moderator has stated, let this little argument be stopped.
I respect everypony'sbody's opinion, and in all honesty, I appreciate the comments, both positive and negative.
And I also enjoyed his LP on that forum, in complete honesty. I had a lot of laughs, seeing my own flaws.

So please, respect each other.

Anyway, to add a little excuse for my post not be deleted, a small announcement...
Version 16 is still in slow progress.
That's a good reason, right?.

Pecilia

Best Witch
Years

Anyway, to add a little excuse for my post not be deleted, a small announcement...
Version 16 is still in slow progress.
That's a good reason, right?.
Will it be fixing some of the minor bugs or do you have some sort of log or something that shows what will be different about version 16? Just curious to know.

Years
  • Seen Aug 15, 2012
I have a very odd issue. Any sound will become distorted after X amount of time. If I load an older save it sounds fine. Even on normal speed it will sound very static-like and distorted. Any sound too. Don't know why it's doing this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
And I keep hearing that Exeggcute family is built for defensive purpose only...

Have you ever used an Exeggutor during intense sunlight? Not only can they learn both Psychic and Solarbeam(Add in Sunny day+Chlorophyll for a massacre), but they also have the highest Sp.ATK of all grass types at 125. Why Jagold added an evolved form for them still baffles me.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
Ok i got a Few questions.

1. when i breeded 2 pikachu's one with light ball i received. first test i got a regular pichu without electric Moves but thunder wave, so i switch which pikachu had light ball, Attempt 2 i got a pichu with dig and thunder shock, whats going on?

2. how can i evolve my rosealia, its annoying not to be able to.

3. where can i train my level 45-55 pokemon for the E4?

4. is there anything i can do beside E4 right now?

5.What happend to april, i didnt goto breeze island to save her i went to the airship, now i cant find her!

6.What ground type pokemon in catchable

Sorry for all the questions but i searched for this info on google couldn't find anything.

Years
  • Seen May 30, 2013
Ok i got a Few questions.

1. when i breeded 2 pikachu's one with light ball i received. first test i got a regular pichu without electric Moves but thunder wave, so i switch which pikachu had light ball, Attempt 2 i got a pichu with dig and thunder shock, whats going on?

2. how can i evolve my rosealia, its annoying not to be able to.

3. where can i train my level 45-55 pokemon for the E4?

4. is there anything i can do beside E4 right now?

5.What happend to april, i didnt goto breeze island to save her i went to the airship, now i cant find her!

6.What ground type pokemon in catchable

Sorry for all the questions but i searched for this info on google couldn't find anything.

1) Breeding tends to be completely messed up in hacks that switch Pokemon order, which LoG does.
2) Via Sun Stone.
3) You can either try the Hevah League proper, or abuse the Trick Master minigame to get Rare Candies (Oh, and LoG does not have an Elite Four, they have a Master Seventeen, which is exactly what it says on the tin.)
4&5) If I remember correctly, the sidequests only open up after you've defeated the champion.
6) Here's a list of all Ground-types in via YAPE:
*Sandshrew
*Sandslash(Not surprised, considering this is Jagold's favorite Pokemon)
*Diglett
*Dugtrio
*Geodude
*Graveler
*Golem
*Cubone
*Marowak
*Rhyhorn
*Rhydon
*Wooper
*Quagsire
*Drilbur
*Excadril
*Baltoy
*Claydol
*Onix
*Steelix
*Gastrodon
*Eloatank
*Larvitar
*Pupitar

You can find most of them in caves or in the desert north of Rainleaf Town.

Years
  • Seen Aug 23, 2013
1) Breeding tends to be completely messed up in hacks that switch Pokemon order, which LoG does.
2) Via Sun Stone.
3) You can either try the Hevah League proper, or abuse the Trick Master minigame to get Rare Candies (Oh, and LoG does not have an Elite Four, they have a Master Seventeen, which is exactly what it says on the tin.)
4&5) If I remember correctly, the sidequests only open up after you've defeated the champion.
6) Here's a list of all Ground-types in via YAPE:
*Sandshrew
*Sandslash(Not surprised, considering this is Jagold's favorite Pokemon)
*Diglett
*Dugtrio
*Geodude
*Graveler
*Golem
*Cubone
*Marowak
*Rhyhorn
*Rhydon
*Wooper
*Quagsire
*Drilbur
*Excadril
*Baltoy
*Claydol
*Onix
*Steelix
*Gastrodon
*Eloatank
*Larvitar
*Pupitar

You can find most of them in caves or in the desert north of Rainleaf Town.
Ok but where do i get Sunstone and Side quest are avalible i did one when i first started game but where is the rest of them?

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2012
I have a question, I recently started playing this hack and I love it. But I'm trying to do the Gabrieleon event, I have the quest but the elders in the town just keep saying the same thing over and over again, can anyone help? ^^

Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2013
can i ask why i dont have HM01 and HM02 when i already battle with Janice for the second time all i get is tm and where i have to go after done battle gym leader 2?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
can i ask why i dont have HM01 and HM02 when i already battle with Janice for the second time all i get is tm and where i have to go after done battle gym leader 2?

HM Fly will be given to you by Janice after you battle her for the third time.
HM Cut will be given to you by the Bug Catcher in Sinister Woods after you defeat him. If however, you haven't received it, then a bug must have probably occurred, or you must have missed it in your bag.

After the second gym battle, from Oceanshine City, head east and talk to Ranger Leana so she will give you the Go-Goggles.
Then, venture east to Silver Town, and then head south to Rainleaf Town.

For future questions related to the walkthrough, I'd suggest you to download the game guide tool available for download in the first post.

Thankies~

wilso

Grass Master
Years
can someone tell me where i can find a firestone
edit: nvm found the guy who sells the stones

Last edited:

Eriah

A lost past, hidden in shadow.
Years
I just now realized a glitch in the game, due to restarting and playing through it again. If you go through the the Vextra Forest after talking to your mother following the incident at the academy, you're able to fight twins Amy and Liv, standing near the of Guardia Town. This is a glitch because, if you only have one pokemon, it will then send out two copies of that pokemon to fight with at once. Normally, this might cause too much of a fuss (even though it could make things complicated). But if you go into your party during the battle, then back into the main battle, both copies of the pokemon will be gone, and selecting any attack will cause the game to freeze.

I have, however, gone through with the battle normally, and found that some attacks from enemy pokemon will actually heal your pokemon randomly. And upon defeating them, only one of the two pokemon will gain experience, making one of them level up (if able to) while the other remains the same. After the battle, both pokemon revert to the one you had and it retains the experience and damage it had by the end of the battle. The game would then continue normally.

I found in the original R/S/E, the twins on the bridge before Rustburo would refuse to battle if you had only one pokemon, saying that it would "be lonely". I just thought I'd give this little report if you chose to fix it.

XSCG5.png

g5WkA.png

SEAcl.png

lMdPn.png

FbcVU.png

Years
  • Seen Sep 5, 2015
Thanks for this awesome hack, it's great so far! I did notice a few bugs though, sorry if these have already been reported.

I play with a boy character, and when I water berries with wailmer pail, the animation shows the original ruby, white haired boy character watering berries, instead of the one with the blue hat.

Pokedex entry for Swoobat, which has a Mightyena description.

When I try to fish in rainbow city (where Zapdos is) with a super rod, I always get a wild ????????, it's picture is also a question mark. It's uncatchable btw. Not really sure whether a bug or intentional, didn't even try to fish anywhere else.. if anyone knows what this is, I would like to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back