• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Cubone and the Power Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Wow, great concept you made here!
I gotta agree that the concept of mini-hacks is something worth trying.
And by looking at the video, I really got the urge to play :D
Thanks!
Hopefully I'll be able to release a demo soon, though the first dungeon is taking a bit of time to chew through (lolol).

The video is veeery nice :D

(Somewhat familiar to hack of my own where you also need to explore and find stuff like Keys to get through some parts of the game)
Thanks!

(Haha, it's not exactly an exclusive idea, it's been done in, like, every dungeon game ever XD)

Hey I was going to mention this earlier but by any chance do need (or want) A website developed for the MiniAdventures. I'm currently developing for two clients a yt channel with near 3000 subs and one with near 1000. I'm willing to take on a third client and I am wanting to do it for someone developing hacks this time round. Let me know if you are interested.
Thanks for the offer, if I do I'll keep you in mind. Though if it does come to it I'd be able to add it to my own website (been HTML'ing and CSS'ing for years now lol) but I'll keep the offer in mind. Though I'd reccommend leaving that stuff to VMs just in case Gira get's pissed 8D

I apologise for the slow pace I've been working at, all I've got to show is a quick screen from floor two of Dungeon 1 (btw, any suggestions for this name? the dungeon boss is related to rocks and stuff, and the dungeon's got an ancient contraption/indiana jones theme).

MCaTL.png

Last edited:
Years
8Nawn.png

Update!

pasUW.png
1ZR6W.png

So! I've finally worked my way through the first dungeon (which is still unnamed >:), so work can finally begin on the main chunk of the hack. These screens show you the oss of the dungeon, and a new team member. So yeah!​

Last edited:

hinkage

Everyone currently in an argument with this member
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
This looks good. Good luck :D (and try to finish)

Years
This looks good. Good luck :D (and try to finish)

Loooks sooooo good, please finish this soon! =P

Thanks to you both, and I'm working as fast as I can! :D

Anyway, quick mini-update-thing:

x5VGa.png
2sDs6.png

Just some "trainer" sprites I've edited/inserted. The first one is the sprite of those statues you see in some of the other screens and the second one is, obviously, a Pikachu.

NurseBarbra

くら くら?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Feb 4, 2017
I am amazed and intrested now. You've taking the thought of a hack and moulded it into something, well, Fun. Looking forward to it Icy.
(As for dungeon names, considering it's a dungeon that's based on rocks and ancient contraptions, how about Gearox dungeon [Gear+Rocks] ?)

Years
I am amazed and intrested now. You've taking the thought of a hack and moulded it into something, well, Fun. Looking forward to it Icy.
(As for dungeon names, considering it's a dungeon that's based on rocks and ancient contraptions, how about Gearox dungeon [Gear+Rocks] ?)
Thanks! Means a lot dude ;D

Gearok Dungeon sounds nice. Hm.

Cool updates!
Regirock seems pretty tough for a first boss :D
At least Cubone probably will own it.
Can we recruit it? :D
Thanks! And don't worry, he's pretty weak (at this stage at least; you'll fight him more then once).

Unfortunately no, Regirock can't be recruited >:

Incidentally, the screenshot of Regirock from yesterday was really rushed, so here's a better one:

zOU2j.png

Also, here's a preview of the second chapter. Oh, and I've replaced the player OW with the Rocket grunt OW for now, though I'll probably remove the cap in the future.

yvlQB.png

Credits to Neti, Thrace, Fangking Omega, and myself for the tiles.

Oh, and look what I won :3
winter2012potsWinner.png

Last edited:

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
hack looks great. keep it up the hard work:D
nice new screenshots. nice tiles. & congrats on another award :d

Last edited:
Years
hack looks great. keep it up the hard work:D
nice new screenshots. nice tiles. & congrats on another award :d

Thanks! And what do you mean by another haha, this is the hack's first award lol.

Anyway! Guess what time it is? Adventure Time! ...nope, wait, I meant SCREENSHAWT TIME.

8Nawn.png

Update!

9ii0y.png
fd3Fr.png

S55Nh.png
s7i3S.png

Yeah, dass right. :P Major thanks to diegoisawesome for all the help inserting this beast, and, of course, thanks to Mastermind_X, the mastermind behind (damn son, look at that phat rhyme) the whole code for this puzzle. Once I find the location of the graphics used in this puzzle, I'll edit it to something more suitable: perhaps a Spheal? Anyway, yeah, this is some of what Chapter 2 has got for you.​

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
my mistake didnt realize it was the same 1 on the 1st pg when i first saw it lol. nice update. great use of the puzzle.

Years
my mistake didnt realize it was the same 1 on the 1st pg when i first saw it lol. nice update. great use of the puzzle.
It's okay, lol :D Thanks!

8Nawn.png

Update!

Apvx4.png
RYEbo.png

Just a few screenshots from the second dungeon, Icikal Dungeon (again, I'm open for name suggestions; this one sucks, I know :) ).

FcSLW.png
6N5kH.png
m605p.png

Slight changes from the last update, also.​

Last edited:
Years
You don't need no fancy sprites and OWs to impress me, Icey. The idea of a microhack (damnit, gira) is what I've been waiting to see in hacks.

qaz015393

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen today
nice update. hope we can capture those snorlax at somepoint.

Years
those are gigantic snorlax you got there, anyways nice updates.
Sure are ;D Thanks!

You don't need no fancy sprites and OWs to impress me, Icey. The idea of a microhack (damnit, gira) is what I've been waiting to see in hacks.
Thanks bro ;D

nice update. hope we can capture those snorlax at somepoint.
Nope. :D Thanks.

Anyway, I've been having some problems with some level scripts which means the next update will take some time. In the meantime have a screenshot.

dwRWk.png

Cello

Tonight!
Years
Oh my god! Mini-hacks! That's adorable. x]
Great job so far SI, I look forward to seeing more. I like the concept of a mini-hack, and it just being a small story. Perhaps someday you can build up enough mini-hacks to make up somewhat of a story book!
I hope this is something more people start doing.

Also, nice closing speech to the thread, I completely agree. :P

Last edited:

Epitaph93

Intermediate Digidestined
Years
I'm very excited about this hack. The fact that there seem to be quite a few puzzles is what intrigues me the most, and the story is interesting. It's very cool how you want to make mini hacks, and by the looks of this one I imagine the next one will be awesome too. Congratulations on the well deserved award. Time to subscribe to this thread ;)

Years
Oh my god! Mini-hacks! That's adorable. x]
Great job so far SI, I look forward to seeing more. I like the concept of a mini-hack, and it just being a small story. Perhaps someday you can build up enough mini-hacks to make up somewhat of a story book!
I hope this is something more people start doing.

Also, nice closing speech to the thread, I completely agree. :P
Thanks dude.

I don't think I actually came up with the idea of mini-hacks btw, I think Cutlerine got their first haha.

good luck with the leveling scripts.
Thanks. :3

I'm very excited about this hack. The fact that there seem to be quite a few puzzles is what intrigues me the most, and the story is interesting. It's very cool how you want to make mini hacks, and by the looks of this one I imagine the next one will be awesome too. Congratulations on the well deserved award. Time to subscribe to this thread ;)
Thanks dude, it means a lot :3

NvRJM.png
Just some proof that I haven't been sat on my ass all week lol. It has been a bit of a pain finishing the dungeon but yeah, t'is done. Now it's just one more dungeon to go! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back