• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

inzain786

Learning Before I Post
Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
This is amazing! I remember when I first used AdvancedMap. Back then that was revolutionary. Can't wait to try this.

Years
Few of us are able to create similar tools and you perfectly succeeded!
At the moment, i don't hack with DS roms but i'd like to do it :)

Years
First of all: this tool plainly is brilliant. I do not just love it, I adore it, and I can't wait for the 1.9.0 edition. Just wondering, I've tried to search the forum but so far I couldn't find any others with the same version (so perhaps someone has asked this before): can you change the map headers' names?
Since I'm not yet allowed to add pictures (5 posts), you should be able to see it as an attachment.
It is, as you might see, a HeartGold Rom, with city names from D/P/Pt, which are embedded in the rom. I'm wondering if I can change the name to something else, let's easily call it "New City", where "Twinleaf Town" is. In short, trying to doubleclick on the button results in the display of a list of preset names, such as "Twinleaf Town", while I want to name these times differently than stated. The popped up screen looks like the picture in the second attachment.
Instead of naming the new map like the map headers displayed, I just want to add a new map. Is this possible, and if so, are my searching skills -1million on a scale of 1 to 10? :P

Furthermore, I also was wondering whether it is possible to add more Map Headers. In heartgold there are 540, but let's say I want (let's go crazy) 1000. Is this possible?

Thank you in advance, and keep up the amazing work! :D

PS: If you can't find the images in-text, I believe I now have succeeded in adding them as attachments. Sorry, I've never added an image before, so I feel a bit amateurish :')

King Of Bidoofs

Beginning Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I think I just found my god. Literally. This tool will bring DS hacking to a new level.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 3, 2014
Hello guys, i'm having the " can not activate the GL rendering context" issue. I would like to use the 1.7.0 version, but i can't find a link to download it (only the 1.8.1 is available). Can someone help me with this ?

Years
Erm, I have a slight problem.

Whenever I try to load a rom, it works for a few seconds, then freezes and doesn't respond. Then I have to close it and I can't seem to get it to work...

Any suggestions?

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Hi Spiky,
I have been working with the titlescreen and now I know how to make animations like this:

Please continue with your awesome job. :D

It's been a long time since you posted this messages, but do you think you could make a tutorial on how to do these title screens?
----
Or does anyone else happen to have a proper guide on how to do such?

Thanks in advance!

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
It's been a long time since you posted this messages, but do you think you could make a tutorial on how to do these title screens?
----
Or does anyone else happen to have a proper guide on how to do such?

Thanks in advance!

I would like to make a tutorial but to make a NDS titlescreen you must know how to edit maps in NDS.
And only 3 users know how to do it.
If people uses more NDS i will upload a tutorial. ;)

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
I would like to make a tutorial but to make a NDS titlescreen you must know how to edit maps in NDS.
And only 3 users know how to do it.
If people uses more NDS i will upload a tutorial. ;)

Well, I know how to edit NDS maps thanks to your awesome tutorials over on WAH, so you can make that number 4. ;)

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Well, I know how to edit NDS maps thanks to your awesome tutorials over on WAH, so you can make that number 4. ;)

Thanks! ;)
Well I want to make more tutorials but first I need the new version of SDSME. Because with SDSME 1.8 you can´t edit scripts correctly

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Thanks! ;)
Well I want to make more tutorials but first I need the new version of SDSME. Because with SDSME 1.8 you can´t edit scripts correctly

It seems to be working properly on 1.8 for me.
Still hyped for *1.9 though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Well with 1.8 some scripts dont work properly... :(
1.9 will solve all of this problems.

Ah. I usually do most my scripting in hex, and have only tried out the editor once or twice, where it seemed to have worked flawlessly. I just prefer hex editing for scripting because I'm simply used to it that way.

Trifindo

POKEMON OMICRON CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Sep 10, 2014
Ah. I usually do most my scripting in hex, and have only tried out the editor once or twice, where it seemed to have worked flawlessly. I just prefer hex editing for scripting because I'm simply used to it that way.

Tutorial please...
Hahaha well if you make a scripting tutorial i will make a title screen tutorial. ;)
In summer I will make it. :D

Gfe

Years
  • Seen Oct 10, 2022
I use PPRE and it works really fine!

On romresources.net I've made a tutorial. (I can't post the link because 15 Posts...)

Gfe

Years
Greetings Guys
Thanks for SDSME I really like It
I got some Problem in Pokemon Black and Platinum
In pokmeon Black Dream Yard Script 304 and Giving Pokemon

Function #36

0009 0x4030
0008 0x1
0011 0x1
If 0xFF Function_#39
Message 0x0 0x4 0x6 0x0 0x0 0x0
CloseMessageOnKeyPress
010C 0x8010 0x1FF 0x0 0xA
Jump Function_#37

I just edit
Function #36

0009 0x4030
0008 0x1
0011 0x1
If 0xFF Function_#39
Message 0x0 0x4 0x6 0x0 0x0 0x0
CloseMessageOnKeyPress
010C 0x8010 0x1 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0x3 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0x5 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0x7 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0x9 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0xA 0x0 0xA
010C 0x8010 0xC 0x0 0xA
Jump Function_#37
Work fine first 5 pokemon gave me not all ( Because i have 5 empty slot )
Could you help me ?
In Platinum Pokemon Starter on Route 201 have no script giving pokemon ( I don't understand )
SDSME next version Release Date ?? Thanks
Regards

Years
  • Age 44
  • Seen Aug 18, 2014
Tutorial please...
Hahaha well if you make a scripting tutorial i will make a title screen tutorial. ;)
In summer I will make it. :D

Haha, well, I can try. I'm not the "very best like no-one ver was" at scripting though, (Reference intended) but I'll try to compose one anyways! Maybe on WAH... (My scripting knowledge is credit of Kaphotics and Alpha's PP teachings-- try checking out their PP tutorials as well)

And as GFE noted, PPRE is also a great scripting tool.
I've always used hex, (reason behind so being that when SDSME didn't exist, and PPRE's scripting compiler was buggy, I used hex instead) so I prefer it just because I've hex-edited scripts forever.

Last edited:
Back