• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

~Hot n' Cold~

is too good for a title.
Years
79479159.png

I moved the warp tile 1 tile to the right like you suggested. However, when I go down the steps from upstairs, I come down from the left, and I can only go up from the left, not up the actual stairs.

644Klaww

LittleBigPlanet + Pokemon = <3
Years
Okay, I signed up a long time ago just to get Shiny Gold, and I just started hacking a few weeks ago.

I have a question...

Why, when I insert a person event, does he appear down near the bottom left corner of the map? His script works properly, and I'm assuming I did something wrong in A-Map.

My settings are..

Spoiler:

I tried searching, too. ;)

Oh, while I'm at it, how exactly do I change text colour? I've tried, but it actually showed up in the text...

Thanks.

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Okay, I signed up a long time ago just to get Shiny Gold, and I just started hacking a few weeks ago.

I have a question...

Why, when I insert a person event, does he appear down near the bottom left corner of the map? His script works properly, and I'm assuming I did something wrong in A-Map.

My settings are..

Spoiler:

I tried searching, too. ;)

Oh, while I'm at it, how exactly do I change text colour? I've tried, but it actually showed up in the text...

Thanks.
Well, for the color, I use textcolor right before the msgbox, like this:
textcolor 0x1
msgbox @hi 0x6

So, textcolor 0x0=red 0x1=blue, 0x2=black, and I'm pretty sure you can do others too. Inserting them straight into the script is supposed to work though, I've just never done it :s
For your person problem, try replacing your event with a new one (same script) and changing the person ID, I think.

My own question: Can someone link me to a good cry/music inserting tutorial? And what is the best tool to use for cry/music insertion? Thanks.

79479159.png

I moved the warp tile 1 tile to the right like you suggested. However, when I go down the steps from upstairs, I come down from the left, and I can only go up from the left, not up the actual stairs.
Alright, so what you need to do is open up Block editor and look at your tiles. Figure out which floor tile has a behavior byte that makes it stair-warp on the left. I'm pretty sure that's what your problem is, I had something similar happen to me once.
EDIT: I just looked at this tileset in A-map and noticed that on the original burned mansion map there are no stairways ascending to the left, so the tile I mentioned might not exist...

Last edited:

Omega Zero

Is back...
Years
Your not doing anything wrong.. the instruments or voicegroup are probally wrong try redaing his part 2 which will make it work.. or read my tutorial.. the voicegroups are probally wrong thats probally why it ain't working :P

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Alright, so what you need to do is open up Block editor and look at your tiles. Figure out which floor tile has a behavior byte that makes it stair-warp on the left. I'm pretty sure that's what your problem is, I had something similar happen to me once.
EDIT: I just looked at this tileset in A-map and noticed that on the original burned mansion map there are no stairways ascending to the left, so the tile I mentioned might not exist...

:/, don't listen to him, he's wrong xD (in a way)

If you look in a regular indoor tileset 1 at the stairs, you can see that they always have a specific kind of tile,in this case its a mat, but they are two different kinds of behavior bytes. For going downstairs it's going to be 6F, and going up is 6C, so to fix your problem, just make two new tiles via block editor and for the one you place on stairs going down give it 6F and for tiles you place for upstairs give it 6C.And you place the tile where you place the warp, good luck :D

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Alright. This has bugged me for a long time now. Every time I try to map this, my tilesets glitch up. Here is a picture.

Not only does this make my hack look bad, it frustrates the hell out of me. Any answer on why the tilsesets are glitching?

Years
  • Seen Oct 16, 2010
I have a few questions:

1. In Ruby, is there any way to change the Poochyena fight at the beginning to a different pokemon? Same with Wally and the Zigzagoon and Ralts. I've already tried looking in the scripts and never saw anything related.

2. Is there any way to force the player to chose to be a Male during the intro in Ruby?

I've searched quite a bit for all of these, never found anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
I have a few questions:

1. In Ruby, is there any way to change the Poochyena fight at the beginning to a different pokemon? Same with Wally and the Zigzagoon and Ralts. I've already tried looking in the scripts and never saw anything related.

2. Is there any way to force the player to chose to be a Male during the intro in Ruby?

I've searched quite a bit for all of these, never found anything. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. That requires asm, but, and I'm not sure, you might be able to do it with hex editing, but those things are both out of reach for most hackers

2. this was stated on the last page, so go look there

Alright. This has bugged me for a long time now. Every time I try to map this, my tilesets glitch up. Here is a picture.

Not only does this make my hack look bad, it frustrates the hell out of me. Any answer on why the tilsesets are glitching?

Your problem is that you primary tileset is tileset 0, or which is most commonly referred to as the outside tileset. Simply change your primary tileset to tileset 12 and everything will work.

Last edited:

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Yeah.. I figured that one out myself after a bit of tinkering :P

Next question. This is really annoying aswell. In my hack, everytime you try to withdraw or deposit a pokemon to the pc, it resets :O Any suggestions?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Oops, sorry for my fudged answer, though that was basically what I meant 0_o
Anyway, can someone direct me to a good tut for inserting music/pokemon cries?

Years
  • Seen Jun 23, 2012
Well, wouldn't it make sense to use the offset that's on the other trees and use another, new ID? The ID is normally one more then the most recent ID used.

Or you can ake the script again, but it'd waste space, unless you want to make a change, or changes, to the script (i.e the text, or whatever). :D
It worked I just gave the tree the offset and id 1
So I can just start at 1 in every map and cut trees

thank you

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2011
someone help me someone did the wrong thing to UNLZ gba and it happened like that someone could say that is the number that

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
okay, if THIS message is deleted, ill repost it again.

how do you add pokemon in pokemon gold without the use of a hex editor? and also how do you edit the moveset of pokemon in pokemon gold without the use of a hex editor?

Answer, THIS time.

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2023
okay, if THIS message is deleted, ill repost it again.

how do you add pokemon in pokemon gold without the use of a hex editor? and also how do you edit the moveset of pokemon in pokemon gold without the use of a hex editor?

Answer, THIS time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back