• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen English release date! Revealed!

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I agree, E3 would have been the perfect opportunity to announce the release dates for US/UK considering it's only 11 days until the Japanese release, maybe it will be announced in the next week or so. However, I'm now looking forward to Pokémon Conquest so that should keep me busy up until B2W2.

E3 was only about WiiU and 3DS, the only time they mentioned Pokemon was to mention the 3DS apps so it wouldn't have made sense to announce a DS release date at that time, haha.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Well they mentioned B2W2 when they were show casing some of the soon to come games...ironically the rest were all 3DS games...so E3 wouldn't have been a bad time to announce the release date IMO (though it is a game in an old system so maybe that's why it missed out...).

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Yeah, they mentioned the apps that are only available on the 3DS. Nothing about the game itself. That's why it was a 3DS conference and not a DS conference.

Years
  • Age 34
  • UK
  • Seen Jan 29, 2013
For some reason,October 15th is screaming at me for it coming out.

It does rather seem like an obvious date. Although it's a Monday... are games traditionally released on a Monday? Or is it Friday? Or no day in particular? I forget what day it was when BW came out in the UK.

Years
In North America they tend to come out around Sunday so perhaps it'll be out on the 14th for us or possibly the 21st if Europe gets it on the 15th and get it earlier than other places.

psyciceman

Friendly Neighbourhood Psycho
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
My local JB Hi-Fi (in Australia) had the 13th of September as a release date on their instore display (I'll get a photo tomorrow when I pick up Conquest)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
My local JB Hi-Fi (in Australia) had the 13th of September as a release date on their instore display (I'll get a photo tomorrow when I pick up Conquest)

Yeah that's tentative. :( Nobody really knows for sure, plus I'd say that's way too early, actually. :x Also lol I keep thinking the games will be released in July rather than a few days idk why.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I'd be sceptical of any shop given date, even if they say it directly themselves. Firstly unless they (Nintendo) announce it really soon (and even then) that leaves not much time to promote the games; under three months seems a touch short to me imo. That and the trend has been that the date was revealed by Nintendo, not stores, and any and all dates stores had given out turned out to be incorrect. They are merely guesses the vast majority of the time, as history has shown.

Only thing that date has going for it is that it is a Thursday, which has been the usual day for Pokemon games to get released the last few years in Australia. Still, take it with a grain of salt until Nintendo state it themselves.

psyciceman

Friendly Neighbourhood Psycho
Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I'd be sceptical of any shop given date, even if they say it directly themselves.

Yeah, I was a bit shocked when I saw that display, their site still says New Years Eve so I'm thinking it could be the manager playing tricks

Years
Well the games are out soon for all of Japan to get it. I'm hoping that they announce the international release date immediately after it's release in Japan that way they can move on to focusing on marketing the game here without delay (and it'll mean the games might come earlier than November).

Fiendly

Never let go.
Years
  • Seen Jun 21, 2012
Yeah, I was a bit shocked when I saw that display, their site still says New Years Eve so I'm thinking it could be the manager playing tricks

They only say that so it's being released this year - just a precaution.

It could be delayed (I doubt) - it's happened to many games in Australia :/ I waited for some up to 3 weeks. Anyway it should be out September though, seems like a good time for us anyway.

Years
At Nintedo Direct they mentioned that they'll close to revealing the release date for B2W2 so we should expect in to be announced in the upcoming days.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 19, 2015
I don't see why they couldn't have revealed it on last night's Nintendo Direct. They even had an English teaser trailer, for pity's sake! I"m not much for staying up late, but I stayed up till Midnight for that DirectCast, and I expected something a little more!

Maybe I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2012
I think most of you are being too optimistic.

Considering Fall lasts from the 20th of September to 22nd of december (I think) the most likely thing is that the game would be released in the USA (and possibly in Europe) between mid-late october and early-mid november, being september way too early and december way too late.

This is just a supposition, but I think that if they say such an unspecific date is because they arent going to release it that early. It usually goes like this in most of the releases of games.

JadeSkittles

Gamer Girl
Years
I remember Ruby & Sapphire being released on a weekday. But I think the last few games have been weekends. I'm going with the 15th of October tbh.

SouKoLian9102

That 1 Kid Who Plays Pokemon
Years
I find it seriously annoying that Australia gets the games last. When BW came out in America a few days before Australia, my cousin was mocking me on Skype about it...

Back