• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Developers, developers, developers, developers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Yeah, it's on KOT49H (4.4.2) now. Though I didn't get notified on the update, but rather had to flash it. Hopefully when I flashed 4.4 onto the device it didn't cause automatic update notifications to fail :<

Official or unofficial firmware?

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Yeah, it's on KOT49H (4.4.2) now. Though I didn't get notified on the update, but rather had to flash it. Hopefully when I flashed 4.4 onto the device it didn't cause automatic update notifications to fail :<

They prolly made it more of a background procedure than before.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
It looks like my laptop's battery is shot. It won't charge to 100%, it needs coaxing to charge at all, and OEM diagnostics is complaining about it.

Yet another trip to a Toshiba service centre.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
The battery in my old laptop just randomly died. If it came unplugged, it would just immediately turn off. At that point I was pretty much fed up with it since I'd had to send it off several times in the three years or so that I'd owned it, and I just decided to buy a new laptop. Now this one cost a third of what I paid for the other one and hasn't given me a minute's trouble since I got it (a year and a half ago).

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Mine lasts about two hours I'd say... which isn't great but tbh it's really just a home computer that I use on the couch so I guess that's fine.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
My last laptop that I had, had a 2-2.5 hour battery life and honestly that wasn't enough for me lmao. I'm planning on getting a small laptop next month, and that's one thing I'll be looking at.

My tablet has hoooorrible battery life. 1 hour per use? Yuck.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Wow, that's terrible. My tablet gets good battery life and I use it a LOT. It usually lasts a few days before it dies.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Stick with ICS. Unfortunately with your phone you will find it difficult to find newer builds as interest in the phone dies and others upgrade.

Buoysel

Trust me, I'm a Professional*
Years
My last laptop that I had, had a 2-2.5 hour battery life and honestly that wasn't enough for me lmao. I'm planning on getting a small laptop next month, and that's one thing I'll be looking at.

My tablet has hoooorrible battery life. 1 hour per use? Yuck.
I got a Surface RT and I love it. I was surprised by it. this thing is way more useful than I tough it was going to be. The battery life is really good too. I highly recommend getting one and using it for a couple of days. If you don't like it you can always take it back. Who knows, maybe it will surprise you too.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I got a Surface RT and I love it. I was surprised by it. this thing is way more useful than I tough it was going to be. The battery life is really good too. I highly recommend getting one and using it for a couple of days. If you don't like it you can always take it back. Who knows, maybe it will surprise you too.

Agreed -- Surface tablets are amazing machines. My brother got me into them and now I want one haha... but I still love my Nexus 7. The Surface tablet would prolly replace a laptop ;P

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Megan, I know what you mean about battery life. My nexus 7 uses power faster than it can charge, so I have to turn it off completely to charge it.. Won't be missing this thing when I buy my ipad. :P

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I like the Surface for its 8-hour battery life... under the sun... browsing full-time desktop pages.

I don't mind it needing a proper laptop-grade charger since it charges so fast.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
My tablet is pretty good at holding a charge. I haven't used it in a while, but it was decent every time I used it. Which is a good thing, since my cat chewed the charger's cord and I can't leave it out all the time.

Right now, I'm annoyed at my desktop. It came preinstalled with Windows 8, and if I knew that that operating system would be holding me back, I would have waited to get a computer without it preinstalled. I can't play the games I want, and now I have to download different drivers in order to install my printer/scanner. Fortunately, in a few months' time, I'm getting rid of this computer and going back to my old one, which will give me more and better options.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
When my tablet was new, its battery used to last four to seven hours—depending on what you did. If you only browsed websites and chatted, the charge would stay there for an extremely long time. If you watched movies, listened to music, made video calls, and things like that, then it would still last, but not for that many hours. :b

To be honest, I despise Windows 8. When buying my laptop, the salesman gave me an offer to install that OS for few extra bucks… thank god I didn't accept it, haha. Would've been pretty frustrated if I did. I know that would have gotten used to it eventually, but still. In my opinion, they didn't need to implement all those tablet-like features into Windows 8. All that were needed was a new interface and some security improvements.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I know that would have gotten used to it eventually, but still. In my opinion, they didn't need to implement all those tablet-like features into Windows 8.
After a while, I got used to the different interface of Windows 8. It's doesn't feel too tablet-like now, though it was very noticeable in the beginning. There are some things that are still bothersome to do on desktops/laptops, like closing apps. If I want to check the weather or not use a different picture-viewing program, the entire display is taken up by the app with no way to close it. Fortunately, I know my keyboard shortcuts so it's not a major problem, but I can see how it would be frustrating for other people.

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
I'm just stuck on Windows 7 since Windows 8.1 fell apart really fast on my laptop hardware. Better stick on a platform with full support for now.

I think I'll chain-upgrade from 7 to 8.2 or 9 when it happens.

SS01

#PoC Collab
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Y'all who hate windows 8 can just install 7,you know..

Legendary Silke

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 23, 2021
Y'all who hate windows 8 can just install 7,you know..

It'd cost money if it's a Windows 8 non-Pro machine... :)

I should be glad that I started with 7 and took the upgrade offer.

(Windows 8 Pro offers downgrade rights to as far back as Vista. Let that sink in for a while - a Windows 8 Pro tablet running Vista?!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back