• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Lilac [Beta 1 Released!]

Wesley FG

Pokémon Kalos Advance !! Gba Hack
Years
Actually, I apologize for not having posted before, because I love this game, the tiles are perfectly mapped and Hamon, actually there are few bugs that most are spelling (but I'm not good at English), I really like the story, scripts and how the game is in progress I hope to see more updates soon.

R3D X

Dark Robin
Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2012
Thank you for a beautiful FAKEMON FREE hack!!! Good work ;)

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
Hey Fuji I have a question about the next beta will I have to start over from the beginning or can I still use my old save file and just replace the .gba file?

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2014
Hey Fuji I have a question about the next beta will I have to start over from the beginning or can I still use my old save file and just replace the .gba file?

You can but it is suggested you use a fresh gba file. There might be bugs,errors and etc. if you patch your old gba file.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Hey guys, once again I don't have anything to show this seems to have become a recurring theme in my updates but that's because I haven't inserted what I've been working on (even though it is graphical in nature). I've only completed a generic route in the ROM since I last posted here, but I can see two very important areas in the ROM on the horizon, but once again I'll show them when I get there. Unfortunately, my progress will be slowed during September because I'm going be overseas in Ireland and England for the month to visit relatives and yeah...

So with that disappointingly empty/ bleak update out of the way...

Whew! That beta was really long, man! Here's a bug report:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

3.5/5

Although the scripts are awesome, your spelling and grammar is kind of a letdown in the beta.
You need to slow down and type the words correctly.

Thanks for finding all of those spelling mistakes, they will be fixed before the next release. I mentioned that the Pokedex glitching up was a know bug and that CJ's backsprite had not been inserted in the readme file that was included.

Sounds pretty good to me. I'll check it out. Sorry if I'm 'bumping' this thread back up :P Oh how I love annoying moderators

I hope you enjoyed it annoying gira is loads of fun :D

i think this is what he is talking about: watch this bug i found on this link.

Thanks, I'm definitely able to fix that.

So I defeated Team Rocket at Cloud Temple, does this mean I'm done this beta?
P.S : Loving this game so far! Can't wait for the next beta! :)

Yeah, that was the end of the beta. I'm glad you're having fun :D

Actually, I apologize for not having posted before, because I love this game, the tiles are perfectly mapped and Hamon, actually there are few bugs that most are spelling (but I'm not good at English), I really like the story, scripts and how the game is in progress I hope to see more updates soon.

Thanks Wesley, that really means a lot considering how beautiful LP is. There will definitely be more updates in the future :3

Thank you for a beautiful FAKEMON FREE hack!!! Good work ;)

Thanks. Just a note: I like Fakemon, but I can't scratch sprite to save my life. If I could do it well I probably would have included them :P

I like it too, but if you do that I'll have to infract you.
Please, don't bump a thread just for the sake of it :/

lol gira, y r u gonna give peeple infrectons cuz dey liek mah hack? dis is mod coruption at itz wurst :P

I'm not entirely sure at this point. You may be able to continue with your old save file if you save in a Pokemon Centre (since I'm not planning on editing any events/ tiles/ whatever in those) rather than a random route or somewhere else. I'll give more information closer to the release date.

Last edited:

ChaosJester083

Still alive
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 3, 2019
I'm not entirely sure at this point. You may be able to continue with your old save file if you save in a Pokemon Centre (since I'm not planning on editing any events/ tiles/ whatever in those) rather than a random route or somewhere else. I'll give more information closer to the release date.

If you remember my LP I was using save states so will that change anything?

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2013
Is this a glitch? I started a new game, saw professor Oak, and even though he wished he could break the rock to follow the grunt, he somehow breaks the other one to that Boulder town and we walk towards what seems to be a trade house.. I get stopped at the door asked for an egg, and Oak's gone inside.. I go inside, and Oak's nowhere to be found. I talk to every NPC, they all want to trade, and the guy behind the counter says the place isn't functional and that I don't have points.

So I've basically wandered around the whole town.. WHAT DO? :'(

Years
Is this a glitch? I started a new game, saw professor Oak, and even though he wished he could break the rock to follow the grunt, he somehow breaks the other one to that Boulder town and we walk towards what seems to be a trade house.. I get stopped at the door asked for an egg, and Oak's gone inside.. I go inside, and Oak's nowhere to be found. I talk to every NPC, they all want to trade, and the guy behind the counter says the place isn't functional and that I don't have points.

Same problem with me. sorry if we seem stupid. just help us. ._.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
Totally not posting in the hopes you show new screenshots :p
Seriously though, this hack looks amazing. I haven't played the beta, mainly because I am going to wait for the next one, but I love the ideas in the hack. For example, having to actually buy the bike instead of it being given to you/exchanged for something. it seems so much more realistic. And the graphics are pretty astounding too. :) I look forward to this hack progressing. :D

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
If you remember my LP I was using save states so will that change anything?

Dunno, I haven't really played around with it.

Same problem with me. sorry if we seem stupid. just help us. ._.

If I thought you were stupid then I would be a pretty horrible person - Don't put yourself down :P

People have reported this problem before but I have personally never encountered it. It has been found that toggling the sound on/ off/ mute can help to get you past this error. If that doesn't work then the only other suggestion I can give it to try patching the game to a different ROM in the hope that it works.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience I've caused you, but I have thought a way to avoid this problem in the future and will most likely release an updated patch once I get home after my holidays :)

Totally not posting in the hopes you show new screenshots :p
Seriously though, this hack looks amazing. I haven't played the beta, mainly because I am going to wait for the next one, but I love the ideas in the hack. For example, having to actually buy the bike instead of it being given to you/exchanged for something. it seems so much more realistic. And the graphics are pretty astounding too. :) I look forward to this hack progressing. :D

Thanks for everything, bro. I've always been confused as to the price of the bikes in the official games and why you always get them for free so I decided that if the player wants to get a bike, they have to at least earn the bike.

A substantial update isn't too far away, believe me :P

Last edited:
Years
Dunno, I haven't really played around with it.
Snipped.
A substantial update isn't too far away, believe me :P

Thanks for telling me. Love the hack! Hope it doesn't die before Fully Finished.
I have some ideas of some things i think would be neat.

MotorBoat: Not a definite idea just thought it would be neat even though it doesn't fit it. "Its the bike of water!" + No Wild Encounters ;)
Should cost like twice as much as a bike and is bought near the end of the game, or late in the game. Just thought it would be neat if there where some "Unsurfable Areas" where you needed a boat to get past maybe like Prof. Oak's
Summer House or something?

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
Thanks for telling me. Love the hack! Hope it doesn't die before Fully Finished.
I have some ideas of some things i think would be neat.

MotorBoat: Not a definite idea just thought it would be neat even though it doesn't fit it. "Its the bike of water!" + No Wild Encounters ;)
Should cost like twice as much as a bike and is bought near the end of the game, or late in the game. Just thought it would be neat if there where some "Unsurfable Areas" where you needed a boat to get past maybe like Prof. Oak's
Summer House or something?

That's an interesting idea, but I've already got two ideas for sea exploration that I want to investigate. There is a lot of water in Lilac as you can see by the town map so I'm trying to make the ocean less dull anyway :D

What this I spy with my little eye? An update you say. Should I start up VBA and get my LP on?

Nope, I meant an 'update' compossed of impressive screenshots and the like.

The only playable update coming soon is a bug fix :)

M.L

Invisible
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2017
love the game find it Original unique you the sort fuji dude? anyways cant wait for the full release, yea alot of water i say "whats all these crates doing here"=it's dr fujis lunch :P

Back