• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
A friend of mines told me that dream world doesn't work on 3ds. I looked it up and couldn't find it so i assume it wasn't true. But then I got a 3ds for Christmas and then I tried it and it kept saying connection error. I know my wifi works because I wifi battle but, I even tried the system transfer from my dsi. So does anyone know whats wrong?

Yes the 3DS can link up to the Dream World. I use a 3DS and that's all I own. You have to figure out your code for your game which is assigned to your game when you first link up and have to enter that code into your Dream World Account through your Profile.

Platinum Dude,
Thanks for all of your advice, it does help, it at least gives me an idea of where to start lol. Do you know anyone who is looking for someone to help them, I guess like an assistant or something? I really want to learn as much as I can. Also, if you ever think of any other helpful tips, feel free to pm me or whatever.

A lot of Breeders nowadays focus on IV and Nature Breeding. I would start off with just learning the basics now, get a feel for breeding for Egg moves, e.i. Cross Breeding and Chain Breedings. Try some Dream World Breeding (keep in mind that Males and Genderless cannot pass Dream World abilities. Only Females, and no Female bred with Ditto will pass a Dream World ability either, so Dream World, Ditto is the enemy.)

Some people also look to EV Training which is also an asset for Breeders.

IV, there are calculators on Serebii and other game resource sites, you also can check with the man in the Subway to get more accurate readings. I believe Serebii has a pretty decent Breeding guide for IVs and Natures. Just a lot of reading and practice.

Pokebreeder22

New Breeder
Years
Thanks Xander.
Unfortunately I am having trouble finding the info on serebii, and Im not sure what all these different breeding types are that you are talking about, guess I have a lot to learn, especially the lingo! Breeding for egg moves is going to be fairly easy for me, I have a very good knowledge of that aspect of the game, but I don't know much about the newer features and have never done dreamworld! (best believe I am signing up asap. anyway, a lot a lot of research to do..

Years
My game keeps on saying game sync needs to recharge but I haven't used dream world since December and I've been playing White since then, I'm really getting annoyed atm because of this because I'm trying to get the Arceus from the vote.

Last edited:
Years
There's the Day Care center in Route 3. Talk to the old lady inside and she'll let you leave up to 2 Pokemon with her.

Basics (to refresh your memory just in case):
-There are 16 egg groups. Some Pokemon belong to one of these egg groups, while others belong to two. If you leave 2 Pokemon of the same egg group (one male, one female), sometimes the Day Care man (outside the Day Care) will give an egg to you. You have a higher chance of getting an egg if one of the parents has a different ID number than the other or if both parents are the same species (at the same evolutionary stage).
-Any Pokemon can breed with Ditto (except for the Undiscovered egg group, which consists of legendaries, baby Pokemon and, for some odd reason, Nidorina and Nidoqueen). In that case, the offspring will be the pre-evolved form of the non-Ditto parent.
-If the male has an egg move(s) that the offspring can learn, then the baby will inherit the move (for example, Croagunk is able to learn Sucker Punch by level up. If that Croagunk is bred with a female Pawniard (both Pokemon are in the same egg group), then the baby Pawniard will be born with said move).
-If the female Pokemon has a hidden (Dream World) ability, then there is a 60% chance that the baby will be born with that ability. (won't work if one of the parents is Ditto)
-If the Day Care man does have an egg, leave an empty spot on your team, and take it from him. Now, you have to walk/bike a certain amount of steps. Each Pokemon egg takes a different amount of time to hatch.

Sorry if I missed anything; this is all I can remember at the moment

Also, you can halve the egg's hatching time by having a Pokemon with the Magma Armor or Flame Body abilities lead your party.

Pokemon with Magma Armor: Slugma, Magcargo, Camerupt

Pokemon with Flame Body: Ponyta*, Rapidash*, Magmar, Moltres*, Slugma, Magcargo, Magby, Magmortar, Heatran*, Litwick, Lampent, Chandelure, Larvesta, Volcarona

The baby Pokemon can inherit a parent's nature if that parent holds an Everstone. Say for example you breed a male Calm nature Buneary with a female Timid nature Elgyem, give the Elgyem an Everstone and when bred, there will be a 50% chance of the resulting Elgyem hatching with a Timid nature.

The Everstone breeding was introduced in Emerald, initially only female Pokemon and Ditto pass down nature with Everstones but in HG/SS and later B/W, nature can also be passed down by a male Pokemon.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
My game keeps on saying game sync needs to recharge but I haven't used dream world since December and I've been playing White since then, I'm really getting annoyed atm because of this because I'm trying to get the Arceus from the vote.

Did you change the clock on your DS or what DS you were playing your game on, because that makes you wait another day.

Pokebreeder22

New Breeder
Years
Hikari,

thanks for the friend add as well as the additional advice. I have been working hard on completing my collection in Black. I am almost done! I can breed almost any Black and White Pokemon out there! I'm speaking of basic egg breeding of course, I still have a lot to learn! Do you have any additional info for me on EV breeding and on IV ? Your help, as well as everyone else's, is extremely appreciated!

J1KTheGamer

Peace For All
Years
i am trying to conect to wi-fi to battle with my friend but how do i battle with him in pokemon black/white i know how to in 4 gen games but in 5th no can someone help?

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
^ It should be the middle door, right? :(

Anyway, I haven't used Global Link, but I really want that Arceus, seeing that I never got the TRU one. I don't have to be able to access Dream World, do I? ~_~ I don't know much about it, so yeah, explain slowly and en anglais lol. In English, of course. This Arceus can be obtained with an English game though, right? I have a Japanese White if not, though I'd prefer to do this in my native tongue, lol. Thanks in advance!

J1KTheGamer

Peace For All
Years
ofc its the midle door problem is i go there and well nothing happened i go and press "battle" or "trade" on the "TV" but it dont work .-. its like if i had no one on my pal pad but i do my friend does have me and he got the same "problem"

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Sounds like maybe a connection problem for one of you. I get this when trading sometimes. Make sure your connection is working and if your friend still doesn't appear, try leaving the room and then coming back. It's hard to really say what's the matter when I'm not there to actually see it, lol. :(

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
@Sydian, Arceus is Dream World Download only. You have to have an English game linked to the Dream World to get it.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
@Sydian, Arceus is Dream World Download only. You have to have an English game linked to the Dream World to get it.

WOO thanks. Umm...where do I do all that? :( Kinda lame...I don't see why this can't be Wi-Fi but oh well, I really want a legit Arceus.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
If you already have a Club Pokemon Account, you use that to sign into the Global Network. The click the Promotion's banner near the bottom right and select Arceus' Promotion then enter the password. Then it takes you into a very quick search for Arceus...like as soon as you enter you get it.

Then you enter the Dream World, do what you need to do for the day, once you are done, select the power button to exit and choose exit and wake up.

If you already have a Club Pokemon Account, you use that to sign into the Global Network. The click the Promotion's banner near the bottom right and select Arceus' Promotion then enter the password. Then it takes you into a very quick search for Arceus...like as soon as you enter you get it.

Then you enter the Dream World, do what you need to do for the day, once you are done, select the power button to exit and choose exit and wake up.

Last edited:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
ugh where do i put in this stupid password to get this stupid arceus. btw do i have to keep this same game file on black FOREVER and never restart :( cause if so that is balls. and how do i tuck in a pokemon and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF >:( -goes back to my gen III hole-

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
ugh where do i put in this stupid password to get this stupid arceus. btw do i have to keep this same game file on black FOREVER and never restart :( cause if so that is balls. and how do i tuck in a pokemon and FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF >:( -goes back to my gen III hole-

lol syd. Okay so to tuck in a Pokemon, turn your C-Gear on. Click the centre area which is blue for me iirc, and then press game sync. It'll be slow for a few minutes and take you to your PC box, with all the Pokemon in it. Choose one, then when you select it a small menu will pop-up, so select "tuck in". After that, it'll be slow, so wait about five minutes and it'll say "____ has fallen asleep!" or something along those lines. Then go on the computer and go to the Global Link site - have you got an account? If so go to the far right side, where you see "promotions" as the user mentioned. Click that, then click where it says Arceus. Down the bottom there will be a space to put the password. Put the password there and click done or whatever it says.

THEN. Go back to the main global link page, then down the bottom you'll see three options or whatever, the one that appears to be pink and says Dream World is what you need. Fennel basically explains everything else for you in the thing.

Aaand no you don't need to keep the same file forever, because unless you plan to use the Dream World account often, you can just ditch that one and use a new one. :3

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
"game sync has run out of energy. it will take one day to charge."

:||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Black and White just went down a peg on how I scale these games, seriously. I already found where to type the password in and all and befriend Arceus (he hates me he's not really my friend obv) so do I REALLY have to tuck in a Pokemon and wake it up for him to appear? I want to punch Game Freak in the mouth.

Also, I assume I can't use Entralink with two games of a different language? My DS and 3DS were right next to each other and wouldn't even recognize each other when I tried, so I assume that's a no.

@Sydian same with my game "out of energy" where do i render the code anyway? i know its in the global link thingy but where?
my friend got that Arceus and its not that strong lol i pwnd it in 2 turns with my Rayquaza

Not bothering with making another post, but that Arceus has no EVs, which is why you were able to defeat it quickly.

Last edited:

J1KTheGamer

Peace For All
Years
@Sydian same with my game "out of energy" where do i render the code anyway? i know its in the global link thingy but where?
my friend got that Arceus and its not that strong lol i pwnd it in 2 turns with my Rayquaza

brandoneball

Victini!
Years
Ok. Can someone help me out so I don't have to start a new game? I need a US Action Replay code for Poke'mon Black that changes the 1st key item into a item so I can toss it, or one that deletes ONLY your first key item.

EDIT: SOLVED!

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen May 20, 2013
Error while trying to trade help please!!!

Can someboy help me everytime i try to trade with someone or go to someones town in animal crossing... I get error 86420 ... I know my internet is working cos i can send pokemon to dream world

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Can someboy help me everytime i try to trade with someone or go to someones town in animal crossing... I get error 86420 ... I know my internet is working cos i can send pokemon to dream world

This belongs in Quick Questions, so merging here in case you can't solve the issue and still need more help.

Either way, have you read what to do here? Because that's really the only way that this can be solved, just follow the steps, since it might just apply to trading/other things and not the Dream World (idk might be possible?). I also looked it up online and it said another fix is that if you turn on WPA with no password then you'll be okay. Apparently it's common for people though, so no need to worry about it just being an issue for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back