• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokemon Blue Chrome

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I just noticed you are using a bit of my Pokémon Acanthite tileset. Those tiles are exclusive to Pokémon Acanthite, which means no one may use them under any circumstances. If you will, please look at the tilesheet below. Any tiles that are in your game that are on the sheet must be removed.

acanthitetilesetgt4.png

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
Years
-Your sprites are horribly resized (overworlds and battlers) and look awful as a result. Use 64x64 pixel sprites for the battlers and Mystery Dungeon (or Ranger) sprites for the overworlds and they'll look a lot better.
-You are putting together a lot of different tiles all in different styles and they don't go well together.
-You're using a lot of STOLEN content from other people, and you are not giving proper credits. That would make you a plagiarist.

You have a lot of lofty ideas, and this seems even more ambitious than my project. How do you plan on doing any of this? I'm telling you right now that it will be extremely hard to get the right skills and to find a dedicated staff that will stay with you throughout the length of the project. Even if you manage to get that, considering how long and time-consuming this project is, they will likely get burned out and leave.

I'm not sure you fully understand all the different issues and hardships associated with game development. You (and other people reading this post) may get upset with me for saying that, but it's the truth.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I just noticed you are using a bit of my Pokémon Acanthite tileset. Those tiles are exclusive to Pokémon Acanthite, which means no one may use them under any circumstances. If you will, please look at the tilesheet below. Any tiles that are in your game that are on the sheet must be removed.

I noticed that the wooden fence and the first grass i'm using are from your tileset. they are not very important to me so i'll remove it.

EDIT: Darn...I acctually have lots of tiles from your sheet, although i got them from other websites :S I'll remove them though.

EDIT: I donwloaded a kit with all the platinum sprites and got inside the the same glass door that you are using. So my question is: Are the glass doors made by you, or were they just included in your Pokemon Anchanite sheet? And if they are not yours can I use them.

-Your sprites are horribly resized (overworlds and battlers) and look awful as a result. Use 64x64 pixel sprites for the battlers and Mystery Dungeon (or Ranger) sprites for the overworlds and they'll look a lot better.
-You are putting together a lot of different tiles all in different styles and they don't go well together.
-You're using a lot of STOLEN content from other people, and you are not giving proper credits. That would make you a plagiarist.

I resized the images on purpose because all those legendary Pokemon are bigger than the player, and the sprites I found were too small for me to make a point.
Regarding the steeling part, I used sprites and tiles that i found on the internet. The ones that came with a name (like Kyledove and Saurav) i gave credit to them because it said that credit is needed. For other RMXP resized tiles, not many names were included. Some of those tiles came with Alistair's tiles which i hadn't noticed. These tiles I will remove because steeling is not a process in my game making. I hope you understand and i'm sorry if i have offended anyone in any way.

Last edited:

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I am afraid those doors are mine. If you could, please send me the link where you got my sheet from (in PM, of course).

I don't quite remember but I guess I can look it up again. The tiles came in a mix with some other sinnoh tiles. Although the buildings and the trees weren't included, so it's good on that.
I will reply to you but not in the next 3 days since I'm wrapped up in my problem (top of the thread :S) so I'm really focusing on that right now.

EDIT: I already took off all the tiles that were yours from my sheet, so I guess there is no trouble here.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
I've updated the screenshots to show that I have removed the tiles. I hope this settles it. If there are any more complains please PM me.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
For all the 955 viewers of this thread here is a small update. I've changed the way the trees look and edited Pewter City a little.
pewtercity.jpg

Novus

The English Kiwi
Years
Just a quick observation, in that map above the honey trees in the city have grass shading and aren't on any grass. Sorry if this is intentional but I don't think it looks right, I suggest either changing the shading to a greyish color or making a kinda pot/box to put it in.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
A bit of a suggestion to the Pewter City map...It's too small. The city has two living areas and the Honey Trees seem very much outta place.

Too small? I don't understand how since it is the exact same size as nintendo's original. The buildings are the same, all I did was edit the environment.

I've fixed the honey trees shadow to match the tile, and fixed the little museum error.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
Years
I know it's the right size, but can't you make it a bit more original? I mean, it is your game, but why follow the maps by the book? Also, I just think the Honey trees don't belong. However, the regular tress would work.

SL1MSHADY

WATCH THE THRONE
Years
but also, how would you get to that training area to the left? i don't see an entrance...
i agree, try to NEVER do ANY mapping by the book, cuz nintendo's style is too blocky, and not as natural.
check out some tuts for natural-ish mapping, and that might help.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
but also, how would you get to that training area to the left? i don't see an entrance...
i agree, try to NEVER do ANY mapping by the book, cuz nintendo's style is too blocky, and not as natural.
check out some tuts for natural-ish mapping, and that might help.

There is no training area there. I just put the grass there as decorations. I'm changing the maps to bring my own style, but I still want to keep them the same way that they already were.

Mystery Soul

Idea Ghost
Years
IMO, that's playing it a bit too safe. Get creative with it! Pewter City is a rocky city, try to implement that into your map by having rocks or rumble around buildings or near the road. Maybe add some volume by making ledges or other things so the city doesn't look entirely flat, I mean, it IS near a mountain.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Feb 17, 2014
with 5 regions you must raise the level cap some how or the game will get boring because ur max level of 100 can be achievedd by simply monotonously fighting level 50 or higher if you implement higher levels it will also keep the attention longer since your game is so long as is a new level cap might simply be necasary i mean being the monotnous person i am i got all my pokemon to level 16 with a full party of 6 b4 i even consider going after my first badge and i consistantly gain about 5 to ten level per badge and in platinum my pokemon are all level 90 and ive only just gotten onto battle island so there system is a little easy as is so again sry to repeat max level of 100 will not flow well into 5 regions

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
New Update

with 5 regions you must raise the level cap some how or the game will get boring because ur max level of 100 can be achievedd by simply monotonously fighting level 50 or higher if you implement higher levels it will also keep the attention longer since your game is so long as is a new level cap might simply be necasary i mean being the monotnous person i am i got all my pokemon to level 16 with a full party of 6 b4 i even consider going after my first badge and i consistantly gain about 5 to ten level per badge and in platinum my pokemon are all level 90 and ive only just gotten onto battle island so there system is a little easy as is so again sry to repeat max level of 100 will not flow well into 5 regions

Good point there, I acctually will do that. Also I got a little update for all who have been watching this thread.
capture029.png

capture027.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back