• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Tatics

Spikey-Eared Pichu

Pichu-pi!
Years
I was right =D lol! Merry Christmas to you too.

So, how exactly do you go about obtaining Pokemon? Will it be a similar system to Disgaea, creating Pokemon in some way and then their evolutions once requirements are met? Or will it be the same Pokeball-capture system?

I have my own idea on how it can be done, if ya want to hear it?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
it will be the pokéball-capture system, yes I would like to hear what you have in mind, send me a pm if you want, idealists are welcome =)

plus, the breeding system will be similar to reincarnation of disgaea. By breeding a new pokémon will be make with several benefits inherited from its parents such as faster level up, base stats, condition, weakness and resistance and more.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Nice game! It looks amazing! This is one of the best games I've seen.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
the bag screen, items can be combined for level up, for instance, the potion in level 5 will restore 55 hit points if you use it to heal your pokémon, otherwise if your pokémon held the potion lvl 1, it will increase 11 hit points and will decrease 19 speed, plus a boost of 4% in hit points. If you use the potion after equipping with a pokémon, the stats are lost.

hope you like the new system and the screen. It took me 2 days to build everything. =)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
screenshots:

Item Menu window

stats preview before giving (equip) a potion to chimchar and piplup.
the pokémon icons will be changed.

Neo-Dragon

Game Developer
Years
@Davidthefat:
I know that video describes how you feel about this project, but please use words rather then posting youtube videos. If everyone did that we would be flooded with them lol.

And yeah- this game is awesome.
[/spam of my own]

I really like this project, but you would benefit from an artist helping you out. The design/layout of the menu interfaces is so out of place compared to the original feel to the actual game (going by screenshots of course, might be different to play).
I think you should just look into simple design ideas (check google for stuff like the color wheel even lol) to help ya out.

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
@Davidthefat:
I know that video describes how you feel about this project, but please use words rather then posting youtube videos. If everyone did that we would be flooded with them lol.

[/spam of my own]

I really like this project, but you would benefit from an artist helping you out. The design/layout of the menu interfaces is so out of place compared to the original feel to the actual game (going by screenshots of course, might be different to play).
I think you should just look into simple design ideas (check google for stuff like the color wheel even lol) to help ya out.
Alright, but anyone else notice the spelling mistake on the title?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
Neo-Dragon said:
[/spam of my own]

Thank your advice! I'm not an artist as you noticed, I use stuffs and I modify them from the original games, I will look into the color wheel, it's different to play it, believe me you feel more comfortable to look the repeated graphics in the screen.

Alright, but anyone else notice the spelling mistake on the title?

I did =D, I changed the first post but the title stays the same,
Could a moderator correct it please?

Last edited:

davidthefat

I Love C++
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 3, 2012
Not sure if you did this already, but I suggest adding a control to change the camera view in fixed angles, like 25 degrees, so you can see the whole map. Wont be hard.

Years
  • Seen Oct 14, 2010
Really cool looking but I have a few questions.

1. How will pokemon battles be done?
2. Will there be any new pokemon for this?
3. Is there a goal like to catch all pokemon, beat elite four, or something else?

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
davidthefat said:
Not sure if you did this already, but I suggest adding a control to change the camera view in fixed angles, like 25 degrees, so you can see the whole map. Wont be hard.

it won't be hard, this was on my plans :)

Really cool looking but I have a few questions.

1. How will pokemon battles be done?
2. Will there be any new pokemon for this?
3. Is there a goal like to catch all pokemon, beat elite four, or something else?

1. you control a number of pokemons and battle a number of enemies,
it will employ strategic separated movements in a isometric grid, minimaps, and attack rounds,
the order of the attacks will be defined by the pokemon speed

2. it won't, only the original ones =D

3. Yup, some of the goals will make part of the main story.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
hi friends, small update, : )
the pokéball and moves system are done, you can't see much in the screenshots, all the work was more internal, in code =)

turtwig holding a potion loses a bit of speed but boosts its HP,
chimchar is the best equip, with a great ball and two moves that make its stats more expressive,
and last, piplup with balanced stats except for its low speed that is a natural characteristic

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2022
Young men ! I desire immediatly a video or a beta ! (just joking)

hope you'll not give up, because it looks really good.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2010
thank you!

I won't give up, I enjoy doing this project!
sorry for letting you waiting updates, I have few screens I want to share with you ^___^:

obs.:graphics will be changed

this is the move system, it will serve to all your units in the board

what I have done:
- tile system, it is possible to everyone create any scene writing a .py script, for get better, I can do a maker program inside the game
for you to build your maps and play them, you tell me

next step:
'send out' system, send your pokémons to fight enemies.

Edit:

Last edited:
Back