• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Wiicked Cool Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
I started putting away a bit of each paycheck for a Wii U but it was because I got all excited watching E3 and now none of the games are out and I am sad.
Not sure if you are doing a right thing... Imo Wii U isn't a console worth purchase...
Plus apparently it won't support Unreal Engine 4 so you might miss some new games.

isthatyoudan

doesn't work well with others...
Years
Oh, Rayman Legends was mentioned earlier. It is an incredible game. I've played the PSVita version though. It's great though. The gameplay is fun, the graphics are beautiful, the style is quirky. Also, if you don't have origins either, there's a chunk where you can play some of its levels.

For wii u, nobody's mentioned Game and Wario yet! The new concept isn't as good as the fast microgames, and it can be really hard at times (I'm looking at you, large-toothed arrow boss), but it's still really fun to play. My favourite part of the game is getting friends to play the fruit-stealing level.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Not sure if you are doing a right thing... Imo Wii U isn't a console worth purchase...
Plus apparently it won't support Unreal Engine 4 so you might miss some new games.
I'd say the exact same thing about the Xbone and the PS4 at the moment. After all, even with lower specs, Nintendo's always going to have the most exclusives, so they'd be missing out regardless of system choice.

And considering the currently announced upcoming games, if someone were deciding between PS3 and 360 vs Xbone and PS4, I'd definitely have to recommend to the former.

Shhwonk

always with the games, etc.
Years
Has anyone here played Shovel Knight yet? I've seen half of a Game Grumps Let's Play of it, and it looked so good I had to turn it off so I wouldn't spoil the game! Seems like the devs mixed all of the best gameplay mechanics of classic platformers into something perfect.

I just wish there was a physical release of it.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Has anyone here played Shovel Knight yet? I've seen half of a Game Grumps Let's Play of it, and it looked so good I had to turn it off so I wouldn't spoil the game! Seems like the devs mixed all of the best gameplay mechanics of classic platformers into something perfect.

I just wish there was a physical release of it.
Yeah, I've only heard good things about it.

But I don't see it getting a physical release, nor do I think it should. It's indie, so it doesn't have a publisher. If they did have a publisher, the team's revenue would be cut drastically, and if they made physical releases, where they can be sold used, stolen, or put on sales, and considering that the game's only $15 and has a large following but not the biggest mainstream following, the team itself would get very little.

Penelope

fluffy Flaaffy
Years
I want the new Pikmin game, but used it's still $50 here and that isn't in my range for a used game. I was lucky enough to get a Super Mario Wii-U bundle when I nabbed Mario Kart

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

I don't understand your post. Because you don't think the Wii U is personally worth it to you, I'm not making the "right" choice?

I know it's the right choice for me, because I love Nintendo games more than any other by far, I'm just sad that the Nintendo games I'm excited for aren't out yet. I'm planning on getting probably Wind Waker and Mario Kart to start with, and then building from there now that I have a steady paycheck so I can afford games.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
Years
When it comes to the Xbox One (I absolutely refuse to call it by its derogatory nickname), Wii U, and PS4, I know my plans for when I get them. I am planning to buy myself a Xbox One sometime next year. As for Wii U, sometime after getting my Xbox One. Now for PS4, not until years after I have both the Xbox One and Wii U. Course certain games I am interested for them are not out yet, but I would need the right system for them first.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
When it comes to the Xbox One (I absolutely refuse to call it by its derogatory nickname), Wii U, and PS4, I know my plans for when I get them. I am planning to buy myself a Xbox One sometime next year. As for Wii U, sometime after getting my Xbox One. Now for PS4, not until years after I have both the Xbox One and Wii U. Course certain games I am interested for them are not out yet, but I would need the right system for them first.

I also plan out which consoles and games I want to buy and when. I don't know why, but it makes me seem more organised and it feels nicer, instead of randomly buying games which I don't have time for.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
Years
Sorry, but right now is the PERFECT time to get a Wii U. If the price point is too high for you still, Nintendo sells refurbished ones on their website for $200. I have a refurbished one and it is fantastic. Works great and not a single scratch on it. It also comes with a copy of NintendoLand (new).

You should get a Wii U now because the Mario Kart 8 promotion will end on July 31. With the purchase of Mario Kart 8, you get a free game download of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or a couple other choices.

The Wii U has great titles already out for it now. I took advantage of the Mario Kart 8 promotion, but also scored ZombiU off Amazon for $13. It's fantastic, despite some flaws. I'm really enjoying that one, especially when panic sets in as a horde of zombies approaches. Very entertaining. Obviously Mario Kart 8 is great and especially when you can play online with friends or fellow PC members.

No offense to those that like their Xbox Ones or PS4s, but the Wii U is where it's at right now. I'm 100% satisfied with mine and have not regretted the purchase once, aside from wishing I had a PC to play games on as well. :) I know people will fanboy over their respective consoles, but the Wii U has revitalized my love for Nintendo, whereas I felt the Wii was weaker and became my secondary console to the Xbox 360.

Seriously though, if you're worried about price, jump on the refurbished ones. They're guaranteed to work and have the same warranty a new console would have from Nintendo. I am thrilled for the lineup of games approaching in the coming months and next year for the Wii U and definitely feel like the console will earn back its worth with enjoyment.

Mega Venusaur

Muncher
Years
Sorry, but right now is the PERFECT time to get a Wii U. If the price point is too high for you still, Nintendo sells refurbished ones on their website for $200. I have a refurbished one and it is fantastic. Works great and not a single scratch on it. It also comes with a copy of NintendoLand (new).

You should get a Wii U now because the Mario Kart 8 promotion will end on July 31. With the purchase of Mario Kart 8, you get a free game download of Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD, Pikmin 3, or a couple other choices.

The Wii U has great titles already out for it now. I took advantage of the Mario Kart 8 promotion, but also scored ZombiU off Amazon for $13. It's fantastic, despite some flaws. I'm really enjoying that one, especially when panic sets in as a horde of zombies approaches. Very entertaining. Obviously Mario Kart 8 is great and especially when you can play online with friends or fellow PC members.

I wish I had enough money to buy another Wii U just so that I get all of those amazing offers ... :(

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Considering I don't play any kind of platformers and Zelda doesn't appeal to me, there's not much for me to enjoy on the Wii U right now. Whereas the other consoles have games that I worship (Dark Souls II <3)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
Considering I don't play any kind of platformers and Zelda doesn't appeal to me, there's not much for me to enjoy on the Wii U right now. Whereas the other consoles have games that I worship (Dark Souls II <3)
Dark Souls 2 isn't on the PS4 or Xbone, though.

And Platformers aren't even the biggest selling point of the Wii U at the moment. Zelda, either.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yeah the Wii U is the best gaming device to get right now.

Even the 3DS doesn't have much except Smash, but the Wii U has the better version of it anyway. All the Vita is getting is games catering to those...weird otakus.

Though Master Chief collection is tempting me to get an XBone. 60fps Halo 1-3? YES PLEASE
Helps that it's looking to have other great games. I'm only interested in Uncharted 4 for the PS4.

Last edited:

Nathan

Blade of Justice
Years
Dark Souls 2 isn't on the PS4 or Xbone, though.

And Platformers aren't even the biggest selling point of the Wii U at the moment. Zelda, either.

I know, that's why I said other consoles :p

I know, but that's mainly what Nintendo makes and a lot of Wii U games are first party which was kinda why the console was stalling in its first days. Imo that is.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I know, that's why I said other consoles :p

I know, but that's mainly what Nintendo makes and a lot of Wii U games are first party which was kinda why the console was stalling in its first days. Imo that is.
When you said "Other Consoles", I assumed you were referring to other consoles of its generation (Xbone and PS4).

But the Xbone and PS4 have been stalling since launch as well. Exclusive-wise they're no much to scream about and I certainly wouldn't recommend that someone on the fence about either of the two get them, because they won't really have much to play and they cost quite a bit of dough.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Well, I certainly have a lot to pick from now, don't I? Thanks everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back