The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Current Generation Pokémon Gaming > Battling & Team Building

Notices

Battling & Team Building The forum designed for all of your Pokémon battling needs! Here you can battle, discuss, participate in events, receive help on your team, and much more!

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:56 PM
wolf
on reduced activity

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ársa View Post
Not sure why you're comparing base SpA between the two? Entei beats Victini on the physical side by 15 points.
Entei has to use HP Grass to hit Water-types, while Victini can use Psychic, Grass Knot, etc. coming from a higher SAtk. Anyway, my point was that if Victini, Darmanitan, Arcanine, and so on can't get into OU, I highly doubt Entei will be able to. Perhaps the Fairies will help boost their usage, but I'm not expecting much.

Quote:
Maybe I was premature in saying 'STRAIGHT TO OU!', however it certainly outperforms Arcanine IMO.
Maybe so, but Arcanine does have a larger offensive presence thanks to its coverage moves (Wild Charge and Close Combat), in addition to having Intimidate to switch in more easily. Buuut Entei has the potential to last longer and is ever so slightly faster, so there's that.

pc battle server • skype: awolffromspace • avatar source
Old January 14th, 2014, 06:03 PM
dreyko
Isolated System.

Nature: Careful
Toxic Spikes on Weezing and Cofagrigus is pretty nifty, in my opinion. I agree that it defintely gives them some increased utility.

To add a new-ish topic, how do y'all think Pokebank will change the meta, if any change at all?

Obv there will be essentially every Pokemon available to use competitively, but will current Pokemon that are seeing a lot of use right now be less favored once pokebank is hopefully released?

Will certain Pokemon post-bank see more play than they did in previous gens?
Old January 16th, 2014, 11:26 AM
Mitapu
Lunar Trainer

Nature: Timid
Question. This I'm learning isn't like most groups, where they have visitors challenge them in battles or group wars (they are like tourneys where whoever's group have more victories are the champions.) do they hold such battle groups in this community?
Old January 16th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Exile
Two Weeks
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitapu View Post
Question. This I'm learning isn't like most groups, where they have visitors challenge them in battles or group wars (they are like tourneys where whoever's group have more victories are the champions.) do they hold such battle groups in this community?
You're talking about clans but no we don't have them here right now, maybe later ;D
Old January 16th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Mitapu
Lunar Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antebellum View Post
You're talking about clans but no we don't have them here right now, maybe later ;D
ok. When you guys decide on clans for the community, I have one in mind.
Old January 17th, 2014, 09:58 AM
wolf
on reduced activity

You can go ahead and create a clan if you'd like. However, I plan on making an official clan/league-hybrid soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreyko View Post
To add a new-ish topic, how do y'all think Pokebank will change the meta, if any change at all?

Obv there will be essentially every Pokemon available to use competitively, but will current Pokemon that are seeing a lot of use right now be less favored once pokebank is hopefully released?

Will certain Pokemon post-bank see more play than they did in previous gens?
Quite a bit. For one, a lot of Pokemon who were previously unusable before PokeBank will now be introduced to the metagame (legendaries like Jirachi and Celebi). One major boon we get from PokeBank is more Defog users. Before PokeBank, the only viable users were Crobat and Mandibuzz. Now we have Pokemon like Scizor, Lati@s, Gliscor, Skarmory, Dragonite, and Empoleon. Defog's distribution is still very limited, but it's a lot better than it used to be.

pc battle server • skype: awolffromspace • avatar source
Old January 17th, 2014, 10:02 AM
Opposite Day
too old for name changes

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Opposite Day Send a message via Skype™ to Opposite Day
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolffromspace View Post
Maybe so, but Arcanine does have a larger offensive presence thanks to its coverage moves (Wild Charge and Close Combat), in addition to having Intimidate to switch in more easily. Buuut Entei has the potential to last longer and is ever so slightly faster, so there's that.
arcanine fanboy ;)

On a more serious note, the hype behind Sacred Fire will probably be enough to get it high up in usage, I'd wager - I know I would want to try it out, and I doubt that I'd be disappointed when practically all physical walls hate being burned save for maybe Rotom-W.

mmm burned tower time
+Anti: his team looks like a salad
Old January 18th, 2014, 02:17 AM
halcyonic
hates bulk up talonflame
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
ah havent been active since er last month? idk but im not sure if anyone new joined, so could anyone help track down the newcomers?

also changed the op topic, happy discussing :)

sword art online II
phantom bullet

• vm . pm - feel free to contact me
  • server - chat and battle
  • blog - random thoughts and stuff
  • #aerilate- mega pinsir team

Old January 19th, 2014, 03:06 PM
dreyko
Isolated System.

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by awolffromspace View Post
Quite a bit. For one, a lot of Pokemon who were previously unusable before PokeBank will now be introduced to the metagame (legendaries like Jirachi and Celebi). One major boon we get from PokeBank is more Defog users. Before PokeBank, the only viable users were Crobat and Mandibuzz. Now we have Pokemon like Scizor, Lati@s, Gliscor, Skarmory, Dragonite, and Empoleon. Defog's distribution is still very limited, but it's a lot better than it used to be.
Scizor getting Defog will definitely be interesting! It would have some utility along with being a good physical attacker and a semi-wall.

Personally, I am a little weary of Celebi mainly because it can be very hard to take down, but that's change in the meta for ya.

Last edited by dreyko; January 19th, 2014 at 03:07 PM. Reason: punctuation
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here