• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen First shiny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Which pokemon was your first shiny in generation 5 games? Mine was a shiny sweddle in pokemon white, I caught it in pinwheel forest

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
First shiny in 5th gen? Gladly it wasnt that haxorus haha. No mine was actually quite special.... Shiny mienfoo hehe

The Alchemyst

Shiny Gliscor was mine. Route 11 if I remember correctly. Really disappointed it didn't have its Hidden Ability but it had a decent nature and Hyper Cutter, so I leveled it up a bit and then just stored him away in my PC. Nothing too spectacular :/

Years
The first shiny I found in my Black was a Boldore in Twist Mountain, but I accidentally ran from it. I did at least compensate for that by randomly catching a shiny Drilbur in Chargestone Cave months later. He's now an Excadrill sitting in the PC.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was in the library my freshman year killing time before my next class. I was running around Pinwheel Forest doing...I don't even know what or why I was there, honestly. I wanna say I was looking for where Virizion was. This was back when the games were new in Japan and I had imported my copy. Anyway, I found a shiny Venepede, but being in a library, I couldn't SCREAM IN JOY!!! So I had to contain it, lol. I name him Bwchv in a haste and I took him on a grand ride into the Hall of Fame eventually. That being said, he is a Scolipede now and still resides in my Japanese White.

Years
Mine Was Herdier(I spelled it wrong)I Caught him on My Black when trying to complete Post games it was my only shiny in gen 5

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 15, 2017
Mine was a shiny larvitar in White, i got it by masuda method, i never got a shiny from the grass unluckly :C xD

Years
A Durant in White, in Victory Road if I'm not mistaken. It got permaboxed, and to date it's my only shiny in fifth gen. :(

Years
I think it was an Audino in White 2 (not counting the Haxorus, Dratini, etc). Came up on Route 20 while I was trying to train for Roxie in one of my playthroughs.

And in BW, it was a Patrat I found in a Nuzlocke in Black, before the first Gym even. I didn't use it, but it was still not an expected find.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Unfortunately, I don't believe I had ever ran into any shiny Pokémon in Black nor White. I'm sure I would have if I tried, by chaining and whatnot.

Though, I did get myself a shiny eventually, which was transferred from another game. It was shiny Charizard. If I remember correctly, I'd first got the Charmander as an egg in Diamond version, which wound up to be shiny after hatching. I'm not sure of what the chances are of these kind of things actually happening, but I know I'm lucky. I love this Pokémon; its color-scheme seems very fierce, if you ask me!

Second shiny, which was also transferred, was Lucario. This was given to me by a friend in Platinum version, and have been keeping it with me on every game ever since. It seems to have good IVs, and its nature is great, too--Adamant.

Years
Resurrecting this thread to share my single Gen V shiny encounter. It was in Black 2, on Route 4 while I was training for Elisa. I still remember my thought processes when this happened:

'Well, I'll head out to the Desert Resort, [my Azumarill] likes it there, I can gain a level or two there. Maybe I'll even find N's Darumaka here.' Then I run into a Pokémon. 'Hey, maybe this is it. Oh, no, okay, it's a Dwebble... Wait.'

That Dwebble is now a Crustle. He's still sitting on my Black 2 game card; I'll have to transfer him over at some point.

Reactions: Bug

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
Years
As for me, I was training my Dewott for Elesa's gym in the Desert, when I ran into a Pink Darumaka: my first shiny in Pokemon White! ^_^

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
My first shiny was a shiny Braviary in Pokemon White, followed by a shiny Beartic in Pokemon Black 2; both of which I caught whilst in the car haha. It must be lucky!

Return

You can make to the sunrise....
Years
My first shiny that i every caught is Lillipup in Pokemon white and then i never encountered any shiny pokemon :)

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Online now
iirc the first Gen V shiny I ever caught was a Pelipper. Don't know where it is though.....maybe it's still on my Y or something.

Then there was this one time I got a shiny Kyurem off of the GTS.

Who the hell puts a shiny Kyurem on the GTS?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Sep 23, 2017
My first and still only shiny pokemon from Gen V was a shiny Minccinno that I happily evolved into a Cinccinno :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 8, 2018
I have yet to actually find a shiny myself, although a friend of mine had a shiny Absol, but would rather have had a Milotic - so I'm now in possession of this Absol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back