• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
Use a trigger (green script tile) in A-map with a var number and value of your choice.

In the script tile, does the var number have to be the same as one in the person script? Are they already in the script you gave me or where do I need to insert them?

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Oh excuse me for that,no if you wanna make an tile script work with a person than you have to use applymovements.That will control the person you want..

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
I
Your message dynamic offsets seem really messed up. Trying fixing this and seeing if it works.
It didn't work. Is there a way you can get the person to just give the pokemon to you without the yes/no thing?

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
PlatinumPiano:

If you want the script to always execute (ie, he'll always say "Go on through!" when you walk on to it) then use a var number and leave it zero.

I've updated the script from my previous post to reflect these changes and to correct a mistake I made earlier (forgot it wasn't the script for the dude).

Here it is:

Spoiler:

In A-map, it should look like this (see attached).

EDIT:

Toon Link:

Yes, just don't use the yes/no code.

Instead of:

Spoiler:

use
Spoiler:

B_TRUE is the same as 0x1, but I like it for readability.

Last edited:

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
Years
EDIT: It worked! The guy moved with the flag to let me in! The only problem is that he was directly in front of the cave. Now when I go back the other way, he's still at the front of the cave and I walk into him when I leave the way I came.

Last edited:

RaycrowX

Beginning ROM Hacker
Years
EDIT: It worked! The guy moved with the flag to let me in! The only problem is that he was directly in front of the cave. Now when I go back the other way, he's still at the front of the cave and I walk into him when I leave the way I came.

Oh, so you're having him stand in front of the cave and moving away when you have at least one Pokemon? If so, add

Code:
movesprite2 DUDE ENDX ENDY
to the end of the "Go on through!" part of your code, where DUDE is your guy's Person Event Number and ENDX and ENDY are his ending coordinates. He should already be at the spot indicated by these coordinates when you call this command. I'm not completely sure on this, but see how it works. "movesprite2" is supposed to move a sprite and make a permanent change.

EDIT:

notbob:

I've made some corrections to your script. If they don't make sense, please ask me.

Never mind my last post, this script won't work right. You talk to the sprite and he walks up off the map, a few seconds later you lock:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Pheya

Is very excited about HH & SS.
Years
  • Seen Jan 2, 2010
HTML:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto @done
message @1 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @1m
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @1
= I must first get a\nPOKéMON.

#org @1m
#raw 0x07
#raw 0xFE

When I use this script, the player doesn't move.
It's on a Emerald ROM.

CerOo

HeX EditoR
Years
HTML:
#dynamic 0x800000

#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x800
if 0x1 goto @done
message @1 0x6
applymovement 0xFF @1m
release
end

#org @done
release
end

#org @1
= I must first get a\nPOKéMON.

#org @1m
#raw 0x07
#raw 0xFE
When I use this script, the player doesn't move.
It's on a Emerald ROM.
You need to change the following things (in A-Map [click on the script]):

Unknown --> 0003
Var Number --> 4050 or 5040

PS> In A-Map.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Could anyone tell me how to do a script similar to Ho-oh's in Navel Rock in FR but with Celebi or other pokemon or person?
I tried but when I step on script nothing except small earthquake happened

Last edited:

Surf

Years
  • Age 29
  • Rust
  • Seen Jul 31, 2011
Could anyone tell me how to do a script similar to Ho-oh's in Navel Rock in FR but with Celebi or other pokemon or person?
I tried but when I step on script nothing except small earthquake happened

Just change the Pokemon number to Celebi's then.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Thanks it worked :)
But the script is still continuin' everytime I walk inside the building and then go back to script's place...
Script is here

Spoiler:

Will anyone be able to tell me what to do to fix it?

Toon Link

POKEMON TRAINER
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2014
This script is still not working..
Spoiler:

HackChu

I need a haircut...
Years
Could someone help me with this:

Spoiler:

For some reason when I get the parcel,it plays again than gives it to me,whats going on.And the person doesnt disapear.Thanks alot guys!

EDIT:

Spoiler:

I dont get the item,could someone tell me whats going on...

Last edited:

BlitŻ1

guahh my dog is so cute
Years
Tyson

in the first pasrt of you script it goes

msgbox @parcel ox6
if 0x1 goto @take

its screwed up
it should be

msgbox @parcel 0x5
compare LASTRESULT 0x1
if 0x1 goto @take

besides that i dont see anything wrong

hack of fire red
im using XSE
and here's my script

Spoiler:

myroblem is when i get to the bolded part, the special happens(seagallop animation)
and i warp
except then i appear in vermaillion city.
i think that maybe the specail sends me to vermillion excepri'm not sure

anyhelp is appreciated

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back