• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

Years
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
DK, I hate you(lol just kidding). I've been SRing for shiny Regirock but I've gotten squat. Maybe my Emerald is done spitting out shinies, been hunting for Regirock since October and it won't shine >_<. I even switched it up with Latios, but that won't shine either, bleh.

Well my Darkrai shiny hunt still continues, I'm currently on day 3. I haven't gotten a lot of resets in today, I was at work from 12-5, so I'll be spending my evening/night SRing and hopefully I'll get lucky. Please don't take 74 days to shine, I don't think I could take it, lol.

I've also done a few resets for Regigigas, but nothing there either. I doubt I'll be another SR'd shiny this month, but I'll cross my fingers anyways XD.

Years
DK, I hate you(lol just kidding). I've been SRing for shiny Regirock but I've gotten squat. Maybe my Emerald is done spitting out shinies, been hunting for Regirock since October and it won't shine >_<. I even switched it up with Latios, but that won't shine either, bleh.

Well my Darkrai shiny hunt still continues, I'm currently on day 3. I haven't gotten a lot of resets in today, I was at work from 12-5, so I'll be spending my evening/night SRing and hopefully I'll get lucky. Please don't take 74 days to shine, I don't think I could take it, lol.

I've also done a few resets for Regigigas, but nothing there either. I doubt I'll be another SR'd shiny this month, but I'll cross my fingers anyways XD.
Then you should SR more, and later and stuffz!
And you were at work on a Sunday?

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Then you should SR more, and later and stuffz!
And you were at work on a Sunday?

Well you can't really SR when you aren't near your DS :p and yes I was working on a Sunday, as I do work as a cashier in a grocery store(which is open all week, yay?).

SRing for Darkrai. I think I'll do some random hunting in Emerald 1 and see if something pops up. I'm still in the Shoal Cave looking for a shiny Spheal, just need to get my Sweet Scenter ready.

Years
Well you can't really SR when you aren't near your DS :p and yes I was working on a Sunday, as I do work as a cashier in a grocery store(which is open all week, yay?).

SRing for Darkrai. I think I'll do some random hunting in Emerald 1 and see if something pops up. I'm still in the Shoal Cave looking for a shiny Spheal, just need to get my Sweet Scenter ready.
True, true.
Shiny Spheal is nowhere as cool as a shiny Whismur IMO.

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
hi everyone :P
I made a great hunt for rotom yesterday... spent all day on it u.u
it still didn't shine >.<
btw forgot again to put the pictures in the computer... so I can't show ya the voltorb :\

Years
whats the best way to find shinies on emerald?
Well, the game has a broken PRNG, meaning that if you hit A before that location bar drops down, it won't load any new Numbers, so if you have a shiny number in those 200, then you have a 1/200 Chance of it being shiny. If you go around 200 resets, and it isn't shiny, you'll have to start a new game (I am also wondering if just waiting for the new Numbers and then saving after you get them may work)

Years
The little bar that comes down saying "Pokemon League" or "Island Cave" and stuff like that. It only takes a second for it to drop.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Man...DK, you getting a shiny Reigsteel and Regice so quickly almost makes me want to soft reset for Regirock and Regice on my Emerald version! I mean, I got Kyogre and Groudon relatively easily, but getting Regice and Regirock just do NOT want to shine.

Currently soft resetting for Zapdos on FR while I wait for my other GBA SP to charge. I'm taking a couple of steps and re-saving every couple dozen resets or so. That's what I should be doing, right?

Mateus_

Retired Hunter.
Years
hey guys ^^
I got the voltorb pic to show ya ^^
here it is :
0voltorbmp3.jpg

I still reseting for rotom :P
good luck for everyone!

Years
Well, the game has a broken PRNG, meaning that if you hit A before that location bar drops down, it won't load any new Numbers, so if you have a shiny number in those 200, then you have a 1/200 Chance of it being shiny. If you go around 200 resets, and it isn't shiny, you'll have to start a new game (I am also wondering if just waiting for the new Numbers and then saving after you get them may work)
Not a very accurate description of what's going on. There are no "groups of 200 numbers"; just a long, continuous stream of numbers, which on Emerald, are always the same ones for a given number of seconds since the game has been turned on/SRed. The aspect which you're right about is that SRing shinies is either going to be very easy or nearly impossible for you on an Emerald game.

Also, because some targets take longer to SR than others, you will be drawing from different sets of numbers for different targets. E.G. Kyogre/Groudon must take the time to crawl out of their craters before they battle you, taking some time, whereas the Regis are nearly instant. Fufu, that's probably why you're not getting your Regis. You'd probably need to wait around 3 seconds before talking to the Regi if you want it to shine.

I'd advise against even trying to SR for anything on Emerald. The odds are slim that you're going to have a lucky game, and the only way to really find out is to get a shiny.

Personal status: That Chikorita I hatched isn't quite as amazing as I had hoped. Her IVs are 31/12/31/24/31/8. Triple flawless in the defensive stats, but the Speed could be much better, and the Special Attack isn't outstanding either. (Attack doesn't matter one bit, but it's bad as well.) Still, this is much better than my previous female breeder, so I took her through the Gardevoir base and dropped her into the Daycare. I also tutored Counter back onto my male. Luckily, I had a L75 clone kicking around, so that's the one I put Counter onto, so I can also evolve him, EV him, and give him a competitive set. I might bring my old breeder, who hit L100 in the daycare long ago, into D/P to see if I can score anything off the GTS with him. Mainly one of those stupid "no one sane is going to have a L100 [insert unevolved Pokémon name here]" requests. (Or if you want to make me an offer, go right ahead. :classic:)

Back