• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

✜// CHECKMATE (OOC)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Alright, looking better. Can just you maybe rewrite the Appearance and try to give a, hm, more systematic description of what he looks like? Because I find it hard to picture him in my head now :3 otherwise, the SU is ok.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Alrighy, I tried to keep his appearence in an order, but my brain is all over the place, as usual. (I filled out the sign up in random order, adding and subtracting from different parts as I progressed on others, so sorry if my thoughts were jumbled)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
It's fine now, thanks! You are accepted as the spot.

Now, all there is to do is to chitchat a little, and the IC thread is already up and ready. So when you feel like your characters are friends, I will make the first post and we'll be off!

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Alrighty!

Well, if anyone is interested (ladies ^_^) we could have vinnie and either Candice or Veive be internet ex's. On friendly terms of break up, of course.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
These are just ideas I'm bouncing around, feel free to add in your own and shoot down mine for you don't like them! I'm just trying to get the friendships established between my character and yours.

@Underworld9) – Well, I was thinking that Vieve and Candice could have a close relationship. One where Vieve can come to Candice knowing that she'll be completely honest with her even if it's something that she doesn't want to hear. Not only with problems but with homework as well since Vieve isn't as intellectual as she would like to be. Vieve would obviously be the overly talkative one since Candice doesn't like to talk too much. I was thinking that Vieve might not get why she is a tomboy or sometimes forgets. She (Vieve) likes dresses and accessories and is more way of a girly girl.

@drunk – Hmm, perhaps Vieve and Ricardo get in frequent arguments/playful banter? Mainly because she's so talkative and doesn't like his attitude so she would tease him about it. Though despite this she really looks up to him because she knows he's a good person. Maybe sometimes she feels as if she's not good enough to be his friend because he's so online popular and she's not. Vieve constantly tries to add new Spanish words to vocabulary but she butchers them giving Ricardo a headache and he always correcting her.

@Lt. Col. Fantastic – Going with your idea, I wouldn't mind if Vieve and Vinnie had a previous relationship. There could be like a little flirtation/crushing currently going on from Vieve's side. Even though she's knows better then to go back to that relationship she can't help but fall for his charm. As Vinnie is always making her laugh with silly pick up lines or playfully trying to "woo" her. Since Vieve is easily persuaded and Vinnie is such the sweet talker perhaps he would be the one to get her to do stuff that she normally wouldn't do?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
@ Retro, I love your ideas!

I've been thinking about the rating for Checkmate. I set it to M, and this is what the source says about that rating:

Not suitable for children or teens below the age of 16 with non-explicit suggestive adult themes, references to some violence, or coarse language.

Fiction M can contain adult language, themes and suggestions. Detailed descriptions of physical interaction of sexual or violent nature is considered Fiction MA.

The reason for it being M and not T like most of my RPs is that there will be weapons and you are going to kill things (even though it'll be mostly soulless imps and stuff) but like the rating explanation says, descriptive violence (like describing how the bone breaks when you hit someone's leg with a bat or describing what can be seen when looking at a wound and how much blood is streaming out of it) will not be appreciated. It's unnecessary in my eyes, really. And you don't have to be 16 in order to play xD age online is such an... redundant term.

Hope I made sense ;D anyone got questions about this, or anything else for that matter, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
@Retro Bug - Well, I was also thinking about ideas myself, and I agree with you there. My character is too laid back and lazy and, well, honest, so Candice is able to appreciate the fact Vieve doesn't mind her quiet personality. The fact she talks a lot can make Candice wonder where she gets all these ideas and such, and sometimes she tries to talk more but ends up saying something weird. Candice wont like how she likes dresses and skirts, but she manages to somehow pass through that along the years, as long as it doesn't involve Candice being in a dress or skirt, she's fine.

@drunk - Well, my character doesn't mind being being offended or considered "lower than Ricardo," so they might get along just fine. I can see Candice constantly reminding him how much of a brat or fool he is sometimes, since she's so brutally honest and doesn't talk much. They're friendship CAN be like a rollercoaster sometimes. Being the person who "goes with the flow," she sometimes might just agree with Ricardo to please him, always avoiding fights that can happen if she doesn't. Candice can also enjoy being around him from the fact they both enjoy video games.

@Lt. Col. Fantastic - Candice isn't much into relationships, and never bothered to be in one since she doesn't want to end up like her father, who got dumped at a young age. Since he seems to be the "lover boy," Candice can probably surprise him since she pretends as if his charm isn't affecting her, but inside, she keeps it bottled since she's afraid of going into a relationship, especially since she's a tomboy and she just can't picture it. Although we could make Candice have doubts about whether she likes him or not. She can also ask Vinnie how he manages to be around so many girls, since Candice finds it impossible in her terms.

I just realized most don't like getting dirty, but Candice doesn't mind, which is probably one thing everybody might notice. xD

@ Retro, I love your ideas!

I've been thinking about the rating for Checkmate. I set it to M, and this is what the source says about that rating:

Not suitable for children or teens below the age of 16 with non-explicit suggestive adult themes, references to some violence, or coarse language.

Fiction M can contain adult language, themes and suggestions. Detailed descriptions of physical interaction of sexual or violent nature is considered Fiction MA.

The reason for it being M and not T like most of my RPs is that there will be weapons and you are going to kill things (even though it'll be mostly soulless imps and stuff) but like the rating explanation says, descriptive violence (like describing how the bone breaks when you hit someone's leg with a bat or describing what can be seen when looking at a wound and how much blood is streaming out of it) will not be appreciated. It's unnecessary in my eyes, really. And you don't have to be 16 in order to play xD age online is such an... redundant term.

Hope I made sense ;D anyone got questions about this, or anything else for that matter, feel free to ask.

I agree with it really xD I am very descriptive though, but was never into such violence...so I agree with you. And I can see where the age came from~

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
@drunk: I'm thinking Vinnie and Ricardo can be "best bros duuude". You know, the two guys who always hang out and play video games. Its nice to chill every now and then after a long day of chasing skirts.

@Otherworld9): Yeah, I figured Candice wasn't the relationship type :P But I can see Vinnie getting a suprize when she doesn't even react to his "moves"

@Retro Bug: I like what you said, and I agree we should keep it mainly playful. But later on, maybe we can develop onto that, whether it be towards just being really close friends... Or the other way (bwaow chika wow wowwww)

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I'll probably be busy and not posting tomorrow, unless I can get away for a while somehow. Just a heads up!

EDIT: The RP will likely start on Wednesday, so you know :3 Maybe tomorrow if I find time.

Last edited:

drunk ¬_¬

Koga Bunshin no Jutsu!
Years
@ Lt. Col. - Yeah, I can totally go with the 'best bros' idea. However, Ricardo would probably be a bit resentful/jealous about Vinnie's womanizing ways
(who wouldn't? @_@), so at points he won't really have a lot of patience with Vinnie, and might go full-on 'macho mode' at some point, challenging him to a fight… but don't actually expect him to follow through… :P

@ Retro - ^ That being said, since Vieve and Vinnie are going to have a flirtatious relationship, Ricardo might be pretty jealous of that. Which means that he'll have a lot of "maybe she likes me instead" moments when they have serious/personal conversations, but he'll generally keep his distance (emotionally). I really like the idea of the whole butchered Spanish thing, since that would be something that's get on Ricardo's nerves. :D
Also, if you ever need someone to unleash Vieve's "bottled up feelings" when she's angry… I'm your guy; Ricardo would probably yell back only to shrimp back once Vieve gets really going. xD

@ Otherworld - Well, to be honest, I feel like your character is the one who Ricardo is the most uneasy about… given that she's so "brutally honest". :P
At first, he'll see her as just 'another one of the guys', but eventually I think he's going to develop a crush on her (opposites attract…) and he'll likely get pretty protective of her and see her as his 'wild thing', although I don't see him acting on this crush on his own accord.

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
@ Retro - ^ That being said, since Vieve and Vinnie are going to have a flirtatious relationship, Ricardo might be pretty jealous of that. Which means that he'll have a lot of "maybe she likes me instead" moments when they have serious/personal conversations, but he'll generally keep his distance (emotionally). I really like the idea of the whole butchered Spanish thing, since that would be something that's get on Ricardo's nerves. :D
Also, if you ever need someone to unleash Vieve's "bottled up feelings" when she's angry… I'm your guy; Ricardo would probably yell back only to shrimp back once Vieve gets really going. xD

Yay, this all sounds really good to me! :)

@Retro Bug: I like what you said, and I agree we should keep it mainly playful. But later on, maybe we can develop onto that, whether it be towards just being really close friends... Or the other way (bwaow chika wow wowwww)

Ahaha, I like the way you think. :P

@Retro Bug - Well, I was also thinking about ideas myself, and I agree with you there. My character is too laid back and lazy and, well, honest, so Candice is able to appreciate the fact Vieve doesn't mind her quiet personality. The fact she talks a lot can make Candice wonder where she gets all these ideas and such, and sometimes she tries to talk more but ends up saying something weird. Candice wont like how she likes dresses and skirts, but she manages to somehow pass through that along the years, as long as it doesn't involve Candice being in a dress or skirt, she's fine.

I think Vieve might try her hardest to convince Candice to get into a dress. That'll be her go to conversation starter. Aha.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
Years
  • Age 27
  • honk
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
@ Otherworld - Well, to be honest, I feel like your character is the one who Ricardo is the most uneasy about… given that she's so "brutally honest". :P
At first, he'll see her as just 'another one of the guys', but eventually I think he's going to develop a crush on her (opposites attract…) and he'll likely get pretty protective of her and see her as his 'wild thing', although I don't see him acting on this crush on his own accord.

Yeah, and how she's so lazy and being such opposites xD I agree though. I can see my character developing a crush too, and since she's so honest, she's not afraid of making the first move...although she's soo slow due to the fear of relationships xD

It might take her longer to realize the crush though, probably once something happens that triggers that realization. ;P

@ Retro Bug - Oh my, Candice is sure going to have a good time with her xD

@Lt. Col. Fantastic - Who knows, anything can happen~

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Romance, sistership and intrigues, this RP looks great even before it's started ;D

Speaking of which, remember you can start speaking with or messaging to any of your Pesterchum contacts (usually abbrevied "chums") at any time - as long as you are near a computer with Pesterchum. Since we're assuming Pesterchum is running in the background at all times. Whether or not the other character hears or sees the message depends on if they are close to a computer too though xD

Regarding PDAs or other portable computers/phones with internet... we'll get to that later but you won't have one when we start.

EDIT: Also... the RP has begun :3 Subscribe to the IC thread!

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Haha, inside the RP. It's a chat program they use in Homestuck.

I hope the first post wasn't too confusing. For your intro post, just write what your character would be doing and then decide who they would like to play with. And when you're done, write about installing the game.

Don't worry about the guidelines, they'll hopefully just follow themselves. Kinda.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Alrighty then. Sorry, I had a derp moment.

Sooo, I think Candice and Vinnie should play. (why? No reason really, just thought it'd be cool)

EDIT: Just posted. Hope my title isn't too ostentatious. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Great! Looking forward to the other opening posts, and your conversations~ Remember the emails shouldn't be identical, neither in tone nor words.

Also, I thought the OP and the first IC post indicated that this wasn't your first time reading this email, but I guess it doesn't matter much ^^ as long as we get this ball rolling somehow. You do as you like!

Last edited:

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
Years
Great! Looking forward to the other opening posts, and your conversations~ Remember the emails shouldn't be identical, neither in tone nor words.

Also, I thought the OP and the first IC post indicated that this wasn't your first time reading this email, but I guess it doesn't matter much ^^ as long as we get this ball rolling somehow. You do as you like!

Ah. Well, we can just pretend Vinnie doesn't check his email as often as the others. I'm too lazy to edit it. :3

Back