• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shukumei

Teh Haxxorz
Years
So does nobody know what the difference between trainerbattle 0x1 and 0x3 is?

and any others besides 0x0?

To be more specific, is there a list/guide that can tell me any of this in detail? I've set up a script with 0x3, but I guess I did it wrong, because it still sets the first badge, and the battle is on route 1 after leaving what would be pallet town.

The flag that is set is not the first badge flag either.

There are lists of the trainer battle types in the documents and tutorials area. That would be a good place to start. diegoisawesome has a really great tutorial and I'm pretty sure it includes trainerbattle numbers.

forestw785

I divide by 0.
Years
  • Seen Dec 8, 2010
There are lists of the trainer battle types in the documents and tutorials area. That would be a good place to start. diegoisawesome has a really great tutorial and I'm pretty sure it includes trainerbattle numbers.

I've checked there pretty deeply.
He only has 0x0 and 0x1. He didn't list any other types. Maybe I overlooked a tutorial out there?

ExitWound

Boggle
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 22, 2016
I've checked there pretty deeply.
He only has 0x0 and 0x1. He didn't list any other types. Maybe I overlooked a tutorial out there?
Well the only 2 I used are 0x0 and 0x1. But the other one I know is 0x4 which is apparently for double battles.

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
This thread is so massive, it'll take forever for me to search for the solution to my problem, so I'll post it here.

Okay, I tried making an event similar to the one in Emerald with the Devon Researcher and the Aqua Grunt. I tried editing that script, but it came out pretty bad (I put a video on YouTube about it, but I'm not allowed to post links yet, apparently). So I made this script up, but the event won't happen. When I walk past the Devon Researcher (with or without triggering the script), he disappears along with all the other person events in the area and the warps are diabled to. What did I do wrong?
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
Okay, I forgot to mention that I was a beginner hacker/scripter, and I don't really understand what that means ^_^;
I downloaded XSE though.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Okay, I forgot to mention that I was a beginner hacker/scripter, and I don't really understand what that means ^_^;
I downloaded XSE though.

I forgot how to script with PokeScript, so I cannot help you.
I think you should just (since you have already downloaded XSE) rescript your script with XSE and if have problems, post it here and we'll be here to help.

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
Are you using some saves perhaps?

Are you using a save state/game? If so, make sure to enter/exit a building before trying. If it still doesn't work, try putting them on a clean ROM and see what happens.
Oh, now it works fine, I don't know what I did. :S xD

Well, well. I have problem with a basic Trainer-script. All works fine until you've defeated him...So if you want to talk to him after the battle, it just makes a clicking sound. :S
Code:
#dynamic 0x803DAB

#org @start
trainerbattle 0x0 0x2E6 0x0 @before @after
msgbox @beaten 0x6
release
end

#org @before
= Hey there, do you want \nto battle?

#org @after
= Argh!

#org @beaten
= I love SENTRET!

Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2014
how do i edit dialogue? all i need to know is how to bring up the dialogue script in a program, which program to use, and how to save it. it's for a gba rom.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
No. In the town there is, but other than that, no. Only the Gym Leader and the trainers are in the gym.

Uhm... I'm wondering what could be wrong... What happens if you put the same trainer with the same scripts etc. on a clean ROM?

Oh, now it works fine, I don't know what I did. :S xD

Well, well. I have problem with a basic Trainer-script. All works fine until you've defeated him...So if you want to talk to him after the battle, it just makes a clicking sound. :S
Spoiler:

Settings for the trainer?

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
Settings for the trainer?
2wnv39g.png

Years
  • Seen Jun 1, 2014
I forgot how to script with PokeScript, so I cannot help you.
I think you should just (since you have already downloaded XSE) rescript your script with XSE and if have problems, post it here and we'll be here to help.

Aww, I don't wanna redo my script... :( *sigh*
Thanks anyway :)

Lanzar

~Zelda fan #1~
Years
Anyone know why my FSF cant search? It just showes up 800000 all the time!

And...which script editor uses #raws with texts? I mean ''Step Down (Very Slow)'' and so on.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
Is there any scripting command that will check the level of Pokemon? For example, checking it is above lv 20?

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Aww, I don't wanna redo my script... :( *sigh*
Thanks anyway :)
No need to redo the whole thing, you just need to convert it into XSE format...
Okay, so that's basically redoing the whole thing. But you'll keep the basic structure. Here's a link to a good XSE tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276&highlight=xse+tutorial

Now for my question. I don't actually have a broken script, I just want to know what the offset is for the Mom script in Firered, the one that runs when you faint and are warped home, and how I'd go about editing that text.

Oops, forgot that there's a script dump with XSE :P
But I still need to know how to go about editing that, either 1. without having to change the offset (don't think that's possible...), or 2. I'd also need instructions on how to repoint the script, and still have the ROM access it.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Is there any scripting command that will check the level of Pokemon? For example, checking it is above lv 20?

I think this might help you out.

No need to redo the whole thing, you just need to convert it into XSE format...
Okay, so that's basically redoing the whole thing. But you'll keep the basic structure. Here's a link to a good XSE tutorial: http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=164276&highlight=xse+tutorial

Now for my question. I don't actually have a broken script, I just want to know what the offset is for the Mom script in Firered, the one that runs when you faint and are warped home, and how I'd go about editing that text.

Oops, forgot that there's a script dump with XSE :P
But I still need to know how to go about editing that, either 1. without having to change the offset (don't think that's possible...), or 2. I'd also need instructions on how to repoint the script, and still have the ROM access it.

Everything is for FireRed US v1.0: the script is located at 0x1A8DD8. If you look for the pointer (D8 8D 1A 08), you'll find it at 0x7F5EC.
To repoint it, make your custom script and compile it. Take note of the offset, convert it into a pointer, and replace the original pointer.

Note: The said script is not included in the scripting dump because it's not a script you can find on the maps. It's just "there": it's called from the white out routine.

Last edited:

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
Awesome, thanks! I'll do that.

Another sort of random, fun question. I noticed that the rock smash movement is 0x68, and used it in a few scripts, but I'm wondering, what would happen if it were used on a person sprite? Looking at the cracked rock's frames, and how the script switches between them, would it make the person look around?
Maybe I'll just try it out.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Awesome, thanks! I'll do that.

Another sort of random, fun question. I noticed that the rock smash movement is 0x68, and used it in a few scripts, but I'm wondering, what would happen if it were used on a person sprite? Looking at the cracked rock's frames, and how the script switches between them, would it make the person look around?
Maybe I'll just try it out.

You're welcome. Assuming that particular movement won't do any sort of checks, it should apply the same movement to whatever sprite. In case of a person, it should look around. But try it out and see it yourself ;)

trebornosliw

Learning
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 22, 2012
I haven't tried it out yet, but I will get to that eventually. Interestingly enough, some of those rock sprites have the "look around" movement setting in the original game.

I didn't see this covered in any tutorial; what's the command to check a Pokemon's friendship level? (I also can't remember if and where this command occurred in FireRed, which is pretty pathetic considering I've beaten the game like twelve times...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back