• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

RM2K/3 Pokemon Battle System

Are you planning on using the battle sys in your game?

• Yes

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • No

Votes: 23 16.1%
  • Not sure yet...

Votes: 21 14.7%
  • I don't care

Votes: 11 7.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 13, 2014
*cough**cough* WOAH!!! There is a lot of dust on this site, I guess that means I havn't really been here that much, well I guess I'm back oh and I am making another game and still doing Pokemon White, well anyways (before I go really off topic) it looks like this cbs is really improving, good job!

Pidgeot500

Homeless
Years
DarkMage31 said:
Toothache is now doing all the base stat stuff using the "genuine" formulae from the GB games. If you were to download the current release, however, all the HP, MP, Level, Attk, Def, EXP, etc formulae work, but are not "official"

Oh, I see; so the system works, but you just haven't implemented all the content yet. Sounds very neat.

Wait, when you say "genuine" formula, you don't mean Toothache's actually dissecting the ROMs for equations, do you? Would he also be using the same methodology, implementation structure I should say, for the battle system in general? Also, if the former is true, then does that mean that well-known Damage Formula, and/or experience/stat calculation formula is off? Or is it just a matter of small things like rounding or variables types that you're working with?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
Pidgeot500 said:
Oh, I see; so the system works, but you just haven't implemented all the content yet. Sounds very neat.

Wait, when you say "genuine" formula, you don't mean Toothache's actually dissecting the ROMs for equations, do you? Would he also be using the same methodology, implementation structure I should say, for the battle system in general? Also, if the former is true, then does that mean that well-known Damage Formula, and/or experience/stat calculation formula is off? Or is it just a matter of small things like rounding or variables types that you're working with?
Here's the link to the last beta that Krazy released a while back, if you haven't seen it: Battle System v.2
Toothache said:
Well, let's see...

Base stats for all Pokemon 6 x 389 (386 + all 4 Deoxys forms) = 2334
Base experience values = 389
Stored EV and IV values/Hidden Power values: 14x Pokemon held/owned.
Stored Experience gained: 1 x Pokemon held/owned.
Storage values for Pokemon Storage facility: around 20 variables x 30 per box = 600

That's 3,323 on its own, which will increase by the number of Pokemon held. So eventually, we will need all these variables.
My understanding is that he is implementing all the 'hidden' stats and data values from the Pokemon engine to provide realistic calculations.

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
you don't mean Toothache's actually dissecting the ROMs for equations, do you? Would he also be using the same methodology, implementation structure I should say, for the battle system in general?
He's not disecting the Roms by any means. The formulae are actually well-known and posted for the public to see on a variety of sites.
Also, if the former is true, then does that mean that well-known Damage Formula, and/or experience/stat calculation formula is off? Or is it just a matter of small things like rounding or variables types that you're working with?
If you downloaded the latest release, the formulae will be off. The damage formula, for example, factors in a currently ambiguous (as far as I know) factor KM called "Ferocity." We will take these out for the release to preserve the original formulae, but add some conditions so the user can add their own factors. That's the plan anyway.

Pidgeot500

Homeless
Years
All right! I see. (I would download the Battle System, but I don't have the RM2k3 RTP either and I have dial-up and don't have much time to be online.... so it's nice of you all to field my curiosity! :D ) Yeah, I remember now that there are things that RS that aren't known.... I remember one web site said that there were two kinds of experience growth rates in RS that we didn't know the equation for. I tend to think in terms of RBYGSC. :\

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
Years
I tend to think in terms of RBYGSC. :\
Lol, me too. To be honest, I've only played Red through Gold. I lost interest in Pokemon back when middleschool started. I have no idea why I'm making a pkmn game, but it sure is fun to make :) Need I any motivation beyond that? lol, I'm a paradox to myself

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Here are some graphics that might help you along. I've stretched them vertically to fit my screen. So it doesn't mean I've stretched them out horizontally. You'll have to have these changed to 256 color before using. They're 16 bit. It also means that you can use them directly as pictures and panoramas in rm2k3 without worrying about the resolution.

Note: I think that words like 'charmander' and 'lv 5' should use the unstretched graphics as the letters and pokemon look a tad bit on the weird side stretched out.

White_Light

Rm2k3 User
Years
Where are all the updates? Had there been any progress so far in the way of coding?
How much has toothache done and what part is he up to? What else needs to be done to the battle system?
Sorry I ask a lot of questions..

Years
Hello everyone it's nice to see you all again.. Frankly I feel a little insulted by the comments made by rm2kdude.. I worked very hard on that system for about 6 months.. I went back and re-made most of it over and over because it was having errors and things weren't working the way I planned..
However maybe I over-reacted a little bit..
If you honestly think you could code 6 months of work into one day then why aren't you working with nintendo on the next pokemon game? It took me two full days of coding just to perfect the CNS, don't lecture me about coding please.

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
Well, it's nice to have you back(?) Krazy. Does this mean you have internet connection back?

Anyway, you should't take the words of people to seriously. They're merely just pointing out their opinions. I'm sure that rm2kdude wasn't trying to upset you through his posts either.

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
I sure hope Krazy is back. Nothing seems to be getting done without him.

Years
I'm sorry to hear that progress isn't going as you would like it to DM.. I am moving yet again.. Back to my dad's house until the lease is signed to move into a house up the road.. This means I have temporary internet *yay*
I know I shouldn't have taken his post too seriously but it just got to me.. Sorry rm2kdude..
In the meanwhile I have been doing major re-designs to pokemon fusion.. I have even designed a few chipsets of my own to match the game.. I changed it so much that I may have to re-name it... Most of the features will stay but it is no longer about fusion.. I am making the game more realistic and stuff..
Well sorry if it seems like I am advertising my game but I just thought I'd update you guys on what I've been doing lately..

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
Glad to see you're back, even if it is only temporary, anyways I'm sure that the battle system will be great at the end. All of your hard work should definately pay off! :)

Sorye HK

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2021
I'm glad about Krazy coming back. But how's the progress of the battle system? It doesn't seem to be making a lot of progress like before.

Years
I would help.. But all those calculations would be very hard to do without massive amounts of coding... I never coded anything about IV's or EV's I don't think..
I think toothache is very capable of handling this task but it will take him a while regardless..

Anyway it is good to be back around here and see all of the new games in progress.. ^_^

Barry

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 16, 2018
In my oppinion, if he hasn't been around and he isn't replying... even if he is capable of doing the coding, he's taken quite a while. Because of his sudden absence, it makes me think he is perhaps too lazy to do it. At least anytime soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back