The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central > Spinoff Games

Notices

Spinoff Games If it isn't in the main series of Pokémon games, it goes here (games such as Mystery Dungeon, Colosseum, XD, and so on.)

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:28 PM
oshawottlover13

i really hope its a stadium 3. but if it is i dont want every single pokemon on it. theres seriously 649 pokemon. it will be way too hard to pick and it would take forever to scroll through all of them. unless they have a search system where you put the name in and if you spell it wrong then they bring up pokemon that the game thought you meant. but they can put every legendary in it and certain non legendary pokemon. but i seriously cannot wait for it. i hope that it actually has a story with it.

Completed National Pokedex in Pokemon X on 8-5-2014
3ds FC: 3308-4678-2953 Trades and Battles anyone?
YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/leavsidchiptric13
Blogger Account: https://www.blogger.com/home
Old September 21st, 2013, 03:50 PM
Patrick
Ya'll Are Weird
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Oh no no no, we can't have that (^that Pikachu gif sums up how I look perfectly). If it is a Stadium game, and they don't allow all Pokemon in, I'll bet my entire savings, all of it, that it wouldn't include any of the Pokemon I actually care about (not if picked at random/based on popularity. I got lucky with the first Pokemon Rumble on the Wii). That's why I'm typically all or nothing. Besides, who really loses in that scenario?

But if it's a fighter, then it only makes sense to limit the roster, and I'd play that regardless. Someone already mentioned Pokemon Type Wild, and that's exactly what I thought at first when I saw it. My only suggestion would be to throw in some basic stage Pokemon in the mix. Smash Bros. got Squirtle with Pokemon Trainer, and I needs to play as the cute small ones. ;_;

If it is a fighter, the roster and the mechanics are gonna be the most important thing to differenciate it from PTW. I'm already giving PTW the edge not necessarily for being a 2D hand drawn fighter (though it helps), but because it didn't take itself too seriously. Check out some of those animations! It sort of reminded me of Darkstalkers, which had great character animations and a solid system for its time (mainly Vampire Savior). I don't exactly have faith that Game Freak/whoever will be as easy going today as they were back during Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2. Some of those battle animations and gestures were very humourous and brought much needed life into the little creatures.

Part of the fun in fighting games is the fighting personalities. Being able to kick all kinds of butt is awesome, but where would Street Fighter be without someone like Dan? :O

Other Stuff That's Totally Uncool and Not Worth Your Time!

Old September 28th, 2013, 10:08 PM
Ari Niko
Sincerity

Nature: Bold
I'm so hyped for this

It better slay hard
Old June 6th, 2014, 02:57 PM
Mawa

I will be super happy if it's this kind of fighting game, but... now I need a WiiU :'(

I would like to see every fighting type pokemon.

I HOPE to see Mienshao, Pangoro, Gallade and why not Hawlucha?

FC -> 1306-6248-8710

Sorry I speak french
Old June 6th, 2014, 08:59 PM
Peitharchia
& got to keep looking

Reviving dead threads is against our rules, unfortunately, guys.

Quote:
A thread that has not been posted in for more than a month (generally around 30 days) is considered “old”. Please do not revive old threads. If there's a topic you're interested in but the thread is too old to be posted in, create a new thread. Exceptions do apply in certain forums, so check the rules to see if they're exempt. Sticky threads are also usually exempt.
Because of that, I'd have to lock this. Sorry!

Thread closed.

Sponsored Links