• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PKSV - Pokémon Script Editor + GUI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeallar

Siamese
Years
HELP !

In fire red !

I make 'give pokemon script' and copy scriptoffsets from Eevee at CELADON CITY .

I creat new person event and paste that script at scriptoffsets and i change Eevee to Poliwag.

In my test i can obtain that pokemon but ! That Person event still leave ! then i can't walk [I place it front of door]

Please tell me how that i obtain pokemon and that event disappear . PLEASE

Thank a lot !!

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
HELP !

In fire red !

I make 'give pokemon script' and copy scriptoffsets from Eevee at CELADON CITY .

I creat new person event and paste that script at scriptoffsets and i change Eevee to Poliwag.

In my test i can obtain that pokemon but ! That Person event still leave ! then i can't walk [I place it front of door]

Please tell me how that i obtain pokemon and that event disappear . PLEASE

Thank a lot !!
You need to choose a flag (0x500 should do if you're unsure), set it at the end of the script, and set the Person ID of the sprite (in AdvanceMap) to this number.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
very easy to use, but some scripts i want to edit, don't edit for example a few things like what the mom says before you get your pokemon. No matter how I change it, it is always the same.
Also in Prof. Oak's intro speech, I want to change "This World" to something else and it doesn't work.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
very easy to use, but some scripts i want to edit, don't edit for example a few things like what the mom says before you get your pokemon. No matter how I change it, it is always the same.
Also in Prof. Oak's intro speech, I want to change "This World" to something else and it doesn't work.

You should be able to change the mom's text. But the intro text is reserved for hex editing and maybe if your lucky, atext (atext never works for me...)

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
You should be able to change the mom's text. But the intro text is reserved for hex editing and maybe if your lucky, atext (atext never works for me...)

In A-Text it just shows the section as blank-no words
It could be due to other hacking to the Rom i've done. Changed maps, added and changed sprite might do it.
A text is a great tool, but I am beginning to think scripting should come first (always) that way you can put in free space sprites and stuff.
But I don't want to have to do it all over again, so I'll probably just wind up working around the parts I can't change.

PSKV is great, it even hs a script guideline for basic scripts like giving pokemon, etc.

Slightly confused about how flags work, but overall very good.

score_under

Years
Slightly confused about how flags work
They're just an ID - if you've ever done algebra in mathematics, or if you've ever written a program, you'll know what a variable is. A flag is a variable that has 2 values - set (true) and cleared (false). It starts as cleared. The value you send to setflag/checkflag/etc is just a number which identifies the specific flag you're referring to.

Still, I don't get how so many people don't understand flags... I mean, it's not the isolated few cases, there has actually been a fair few people who don't understand. I mean, it's like they're expecting the flags to do flips or something. Flags don't, they simply remember if they're supposed to be true or false. They don't have a meaning by themselves.

Years
  • Seen May 7, 2012
It might be how they are seen and written out.
If it were simply stated as " if <event> has happened" with the flag actually labeled in the code.
If the flag for say the player being the Pokemon Champion, it would be easier to recognize if it was labeled something like "Pokemon Champion" than a flag #.

Number blend together very easily.

score_under

Years
It might be how they are seen and written out.
If it were simply stated as " if <event> has happened" with the flag actually labeled in the code.
If the flag for say the player being the Pokemon Champion, it would be easier to recognize if it was labeled something like "Pokemon Champion" than a flag #.

Number blend together very easily.
Which is why there are 2 notepads - one under the "swiss army knife" button on the toolbar, and one when you press ctrl+L. The former is used for taking down any and all info that you need, while the latter is used to catalogue any flags you encounter (by default, it's filled with a small selection of FR flags, so you have an idea of how it might be used or even what flags you might want to overwrite).

Full Metal

C(++) Developer.
Years
ok dude, i'll just post in this thread instead of all the threads...
isn't it convenient that ur post count now equals 15? -.-...
if you want one soo bad, google search for one, google search for information about RBY scripts and script with a hex editor, or make one yourself.
sheesh, as if g/s/c/d/p/pl/fr/lg/r/s/e support wasn't enough (actually, not sure if PKSV works for d/p/pl yet...)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
erm i nid help as i use the script i got a beeb sound and nothing happen i set as speaking script but nothing happen
I have the same problem but since he fixed it his self, the answer isnt here. deathex1 please tell me (post here or pm) the answer to this problem.(Anyone else can help me too!)

And does the advanced map offset event code have to hexadecimal or decimal and where do I get it?
Im just a starter dont blame me for not knowing things. :)

Last edited:

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Since all questions are about scripting itself, I couldn't find the answer to my question:
I can't load the entire Rom into the PKSV..
Can someone help me out?

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I have the same problem but since he fixed it his self, the answer isnt here. deathex1 please tell me (post here or pm) the answer to this problem.(Anyone else can help me too!)

And does the advanced map offset event code have to hexadecimal or decimal and where do I get it?
Im just a starter dont blame me for not knowing things. :)

What was your script? If you didn't open the ROM that happens.
When you hit compile you get it, and you just hack to insert the @start offset into the little box.

Since all questions are about scripting itself, I couldn't find the answer to my question:
I can't load the entire Rom into the PKSV..
Can someone help me out?

File--> Open --> [Browse for your ROM] --> Enter --> Script

Diho

Beginning Game Creator
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2011
Well, I know how it should be done, but the problem is, when I select my rom, it doesn't load a script..

Alignment

Revered with the stars
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Well, I know how it should be done, but the problem is, when I select my rom, it doesn't load a script..

It's not supposed to open a script, your supposed to write one, have you checked out the PDF document on the first post of this thread? I think you should take a look at it.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 4, 2022
What was your script? If you didn't open the ROM that happens.
When you hit compile you get it, and you just hack to insert the @start offset into the little box.

File--> Open --> [Browse for your ROM] --> Enter --> Script

It's working now, it was that I had the wrong offset. Here's the script anyway:
#dyn 0x583901
#org @start
lock
faceplayer
msgbox @text ' Hey, you, want some POKéMON?
callstd MSG_OBTAIN
release
end
#org @text
= Hey, you, want some POKéMON?
#dyn 0x583901
#org @start
lock
checkflag 0x2345
if 0x1 jump :end
setflag FR_POKEMON
countpokemon
compare LASTRESULT 6
if == jump @noroom
addpokemon SNEASEL 5 = 5 NONE 0 0 0
setflag 0x2345
storepokemon 0 SNEASEL
message @get-msg
fanfare 0x101
showmsg
waitfanfare
waitbutton
:end
release
end
#org @noroom
msgbox @noroom-msg
callstd MSG_NOCLOSE
release
end
#org @noroom-msg
= You don't have enough room in your party.
#org @get-msg
= You got a \v\h02!

But another question:
How do I make it compile all of the script into 1 offset and not a bunch of them(or at least have a way to do that) ?:
@start <-> 0x6B0D97 (0xC bytes)
@text <-> 0x6B0DA3 (0x1D bytes)
@start <-> 0x6B0DC0 (0x3C bytes)
-> :end <-> 0x6B0DFA
@noroom <-> 0x6B0DFC (0xA bytes)
@noroom-msg <-> 0x6B0E06 (0x2A bytes)
@get-msg <-> 0x6B0E30 (0xE bytes)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2012
Could someone help me understand 'setvar'? It seems that once I figure it out, I can complete many of my broken scripts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back