• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Thieves of the Night] Dark-Type Club ☻

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Hey everyone! So this club hasn't had a lot of lack of activity lately, so I thought of an idea that might help! So I decided we could have some events. The first one being a Create-a Dark-type Pokemon contest. I have no idea what the winner would get, but perhaps we could start a point system, or a I could give away a Pokemon (preferably a Dark type) or something. I'm gonna start the first event once we get more ideas, so please discuss some. I have some general rules in my head, but what ideas you guys have? Any idea suggestions for the Create-a-Dark-type contest or idea for any other events here in the club? I'd like to hear ideas so please don't be shy. Cause like the intro thread says, I don't bite. :) Thanks everyone.

Years
Hey everyone! So this club hasn't had a lot of lack of activity lately, so I thought of an idea that might help! So I decided we could have some events. The first one being a Create-a Dark-type Pokemon contest. I have no idea what the winner would get, but perhaps we could start a point system, or a I could give away a Pokemon (preferably a Dark type) or something. I'm gonna start the first event once we get more ideas, so please discuss some. I have some general rules in my head, but what ideas you guys have? Any idea suggestions for the Create-a-Dark-type contest or idea for any other events here in the club? I'd like to hear ideas so please don't be shy. Cause like the intro thread says, I don't bite. :) Thanks everyone.
Create as in.. draw or describe? Not everyone's an artist you know. :p
You could go for something like 'create' a new dark pokemon and it's name,signature move, what it's based on/what it represents, etc.

Treecko

Years
Create as in.. draw or describe? Not everyone's an artist you know. :p
You could go for something like 'create' a new dark pokemon and it's name,signature move, what it's based on/what it represents, etc.

Either would be good If someone isn't good at drawing they could describe the Pokemon they created along with it's moves, name, signature move, stats, what's it based on and such. It's easier if people were to draw it out to get a better visual image of what it looks like, but either drawing or description is good. Though really, f they choose to draw, the drawing doesn't have to professionally done or very good, just as long as I can tell what it is.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Either would be good If someone isn't good at drawing they could describe the Pokemon they created along with it's moves, name, signature move, stats, what's it based on and such. It's easier if people were to draw it out to get a better visual image of what it looks like, but either drawing or description is good. Though really, f they choose to draw, the drawing doesn't have to professionally done or very good, just as long as I can tell what it is.
I certainly can be of help. Maybe we all can think of features for our new dark type and maybe have someone with an image editing program create the composite image?

Anyway I want to apologize for my long intermission from activity in the club and like to make it up by being as active as possible :).

Treecko

Years
I certainly can be of help. Maybe we all can think of features for our new dark type and maybe have someone with an image editing program create the composite image?

Anyway I want to apologize for my long intermission from activity in the club and like to make it up by being as active as possible :).

That sounds like a good idea, but I also would like to have a contest where everyone makes their own dark type too. But we could do your idea too maybe.

EDIT: How about a new topic as well to keep discussion about Dark-types flowing more. Please keep talking about idea for events and such too. I really want to start some events.

Do you think there should be a starter Pokemon that's part Dark? If so which of the three starter types (Grass, Water, Fire) you think would work best with a Dark-typing? If not, explain why.

Me personally, I honestly think there should be! I honestly hope Chespin's evos are either Grass/Dark (or Grass/Fighting) cause I think a Grass/Dark type starter would be awesome. And it makes me said that the only three Grass/Dark types are Cacturne , Shiftry and Nuzleaf. I think we need more.

Last edited:

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
Years
That sounds like a good idea, but I also would like to have a contest where everyone makes their own dark type too. But we could do your idea too maybe.

EDIT: How about a new topic as well to keep discussion about Dark-types flowing more. Please keep talking about idea for events and such too. I really want to start some events.

Do you think there should be a starter Pokemon that's part Dark? If so which of the three starter types (Grass, Water, Fire) you think would work best with a Dark-typing? If not, explain why.

Me personally, I honestly think there should be! I honestly hope Chespin's evos are either Grass/Dark (or Grass/Fighting) cause I think a Grass/Dark type starter would be awesome. And it makes me said that the only three Grass/Dark types are Cacturne , Shiftry and Nuzleaf. I think we need more.

(Wow I can't believe how inactive I am.) The contest idea is awesome by the way.

I would definetely have to go with Chespin. Among all the new starters Chespin looks the coolest and most suitable to receive the legendary dark type.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
I would love having a part dark type starter!!!
And I agree, I think Chespin would make an EPIC dark type!! And I would definatly choose him.
But I would love a fire/dark starter in the future...that'll be cool :)

tekxxstat84xp

i am...THE BIG STAR!!!
Years
Username: Tekxxstat84xp
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: There messengers of the night (most of the time). They completely eradicate every other type in the only way they know how, epicly.
Your partners: Weavile
(Up to two) What Types rule: Dark-Ice types
Answer the current topic: Dark and fire because its been fire fight for awhile and depending on what type of pokemon its the speed would be absolutely phenomenal, and not to mention the design of the pokemon. Maby even a red panda pokemon. Id pick that in a heart beat. And the shiny form would be purple and dark red or something.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'd like to see a Water/Dark type. A Pokemon where it can live in dark water or swamps or deep inside coral caves on the bottom of the ocean. A water/dark type where it has the ability to see in the darkness underwater, and be able to swiftly hunt without any problem. Yep, that's a Pokemon I'd love to see! ;3

Treecko

Years
I'd like to see a Water/Dark type. A Pokemon where it can live in dark water or swamps or deep inside coral caves on the bottom of the ocean. A water/dark type where it has the ability to see in the darkness underwater, and be able to swiftly hunt without any problem. Yep, that's a Pokemon I'd love to see! ;3
A Water/Dark would be cool when I say a Pokemon that can see in the darkness of Underwater makes me think like a cool version of Lanturn like a scarier version of an angular fish. Though you mean something else right?

Username: Tekxxstat84xp
What do you think of Dark-Type Pokemon: There messengers of the night (most of the time). They completely eradicate every other type in the only way they know how, epicly.
Your partners: Weavile
(Up to two) What Types rule: Dark-Ice types
Answer the current topic: Dark and fire because its been fire fight for awhile and depending on what type of pokemon its the speed would be absolutely phenomenal, and not to mention the design of the pokemon. Maby even a red panda pokemon. Id pick that in a heart beat. And the shiny form would be purple and dark red or something.
Welcome to the club!!!

I'd love Fire/Dark too as a starter at least cause then it would break the Fire/Fighting pattern Fire starters have been given the last 3 generations. :( I'm so tired of that pattern so any typing different for the Fire starter I'd accept! Spinda's sort of a red panda imo , but I guess a more realistic looking panda would be cool.

Anyone one else have more ideas for events? I'd love to start something asap! Let me know on this thread or VM/PM me ideas. Thanks!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
We're still alive! Sorry AWSquared for leaving! T.T Anyway, as for the topic, Karen all the way. What can I say, I am a sucker for pretty faces? she's a good battle during Pokemon Gold, her Umbreon and Houndoom a pain when I started off with Cyndaquil.

And for the current topic [I just realized that this was the previous one. sorry]

Yes. I believe that Serperior is a good candidate for the dark-type. Look at it, it is an imposing royal snake. Snakes are dark [*ehem*garden of eden*ehem*] and royalty, with their haughtiness and look-down-upon-everybody attitude can be considered pretty dark. Plus, once it has access to several dark moves, like Nasty Plot, it will be a beast.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2017
Username: Joeyhugg
What do you think of dark type pokémon?: Not only are the designs awesome and I happen to like the evil characters in plots, but the dark type literally has infinite possibilities. I mean, you could be defensive, offensive, or just about anything!
Your Partners?: Honchkrow, Bisharp, Hydregion, and Houndoom.
What type rules?: Trick question? Dark!
Answer to current topic: I think fire should have a part dark starter. The other two starters have more than one dark variation, while fire only has houndoom.

Treecko

Years
Spinda looks more like a koala. It dosent look close to a red panda at all.
I always thought it looked like a panda personally but who really knows what it's supposed to be. Maybe a red panda would be a goo Pokemon.

We're still alive! Sorry AWSquared for leaving! T.T Anyway, as for the topic, Karen all the way. What can I say, I am a sucker for pretty faces? she's a good battle during Pokemon Gold, her Umbreon and Houndoom a pain when I started off with Cyndaquil.

And for the current topic [I just realized that this was the previous one. sorry]

Yes. I believe that Serperior is a good candidate for the dark-type. Look at it, it is an imposing royal snake. Snakes are dark [*ehem*garden of eden*ehem*] and royalty, with their haughtiness and look-down-upon-everybody attitude can be considered pretty dark. Plus, once it has access to several dark moves, like Nasty Plot, it will be a beast.

No apologizes. You should of been here more. No it's fine man.

Now that you think about it, Serperior would of made a great Grass/Dark type. It's a snake which are always regarded as evil , such as the snake in the Garden of Eden so adding a Dark-typing would make sense. Plus with the Dark-type move it can learn becoming STAB , it would greatly benefit from it.

Username: Joeyhugg
What do you think of dark type pokémon?: Not only are the designs awesome and I happen to like the evil characters in plots, but the dark type literally has infinite possibilities. I mean, you could be defensive, offensive, or just about anything!
Your Partners?: Honchkrow, Bisharp, Hydregion, and Houndoom.
What type rules?: Trick question? Dark!
Answer to current topic: I think fire should have a part dark starter. The other two starters have more than one dark variation, while fire only has houndoom.
Welcome to the club Joey!

I think we need a new topic. similar to the old one but different.

If you could make any (existing) Pokemon part Dark what would it be and why?

Also feel free to start your own topics if I'm not around.
GO!!

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Shiftry

SLAKING comes to mind. I mean, look at it. Yes, it is a snorer. Yes, it is lazy. Yes, it only attacks every other turn. You know what that reminds me of? One of the seven deadly sins: Sloth. Don't you think that being the pokemon incarnation of a concept that sends human to hell (according to Christian belief) is dark enough?n

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hypothetically, if not, impossible...Umbreon could make a part-electric type. The rings around its body glow in the dark when its in danger or smells fear, and lights up when it senses something. I think with those rings, they could produce a bit of electrical power, maybe a few electrical moves.

Treecko

Years
Hypothetically, if not, impossible...Umbreon could make a part-electric type. The rings around its body glow in the dark when its in danger or smells fear, and lights up when it senses something. I think with those rings, they could produce a bit of electrical power, maybe a few electrical moves.

Well I meant Pokemon that weren't Dark types already to get an extra typing and become part Dark or their typing would change and be Dark and whatever other typing they may have. So like Lucario being changed to Steel/Dark or Fighting/Dark instead of Fighting/Steel or Luxray being Electric/Dark instead of just Electric. But the idea of Umbreon being Dark/Electric sounds cool and I like that idea of using its rings on its body to produce electricity. Really neat. :)

Treecko

Years
http://www.theotaku.com/quizzes/view/3163/

Try this out. I'm sure you'll love it =D

I am Mightyena by the way. It speaks alot about me.

I'm Mightyena too apparently.

3163_Mightyena.jpg

It somewhat describes me. But not entirely. Here's an idea. Everyone should take this quiz and post the results. This might be the new topic just not sure on that. But post your results here anyway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back