• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"I Can Never Trust Myself Again" moments in Pokemon

Midnyte

Pokerus Failure, Newish PCer
Years
  • Seen Aug 27, 2012
Forgetting to save, being overloaded with Eggs, doing pointless stuff in a battle, et hoc genus omne (fancy version of etc.). We all have those moments (I think).

I have one example of my own: I've just started Pokemon Black Version. I was checking out my Pokemon's summaries when I noticed something: Most of my Pokemon had that all-too-familiar PKRS sign. (YESSSSS!! BEHOLD THE POWER OF MY POKERUS! BWAHAHAHAHAAAA!) However, I accidentally turned off my DSi. Unfortunately, I forgot to save around that point, and not only were my Pokemon significantly lower level and my Pansage wasn't yet back from the PC (Three words: Dream World waking), but the Pokerus was nowhere to be found. In anger, I then proceeded to repeatedly bash Hilda into a fence.

I hope you learn from my mistake, folks. Feel free to post about your own moments like that. :)

Years
In anger, I then proceeded to repeatedly bash Hilda into a fence.

Lol This is hilarious! :D

As for the OP, yes I have these all the time. For example two pokemon died in a nuzlocke of mne recently. I thought they could handle one more turn (but in my head I was thinking, "There will probably be a crit, won't there?") and sure enough... D:<

Also, I occasionally forget to save, and one time I ran away from a shiny mienfoo (I caught a glimpse as I was fleeing)

Cosmotone8

silhouette of the past
Years
I've forgotten to save in the Elite Four before in DP... Had to start all over again even though I had just beaten Bertha. It was annoying.
Also, there was a time in battle when I stopped mid battle for some reason, put the DS in sleep, came back 30mins. later and forgot that I was facing a trainer. -_- So that's why I couldn't catch that thing...

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
I was soft resetting for S Giratina on platinum and I finally found it and I accidentally soft resetted again... Then I just said screw it and used action replay to get a shiny giratina

Blues-Music

Pokemon researcher
Years
  • Seen Oct 23, 2012
1.Playing Nuzlocke.Cheren beats me when I get my starter.
2."Wow its thundourus!My first legendary!Better use my master ball.I'm probably gonna get another one."
3."If i'm going to complete my pokedex i'm gonna need to trade for a snivy , but all of these guys want under lvl 9 reshirams except for that one that wants a thunderous...TRADED."
((All I had in mind was completing the pokedex , and my thunderous was weak anyway.))
4.Aciddently using a potion on the wrong pokemon during the elite four.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Mostly incidents of not saving the game (especially during long stretches of level grinding), forgetting I'm in a trainer battle and can't catch the other Pokemon, and using the wrong moves because I mindless just press A to get through a battle (one time I tried to use Fake Out like five times in a row xD)

droomph

weeb
Years
I ran into a Shiny when I was starting a new game for funsies, so therefore two things happened. 1) (their fault) I didn't get my Pokéballs yet, and 2) (my fault) I couldn't save the shiny even if I had a Pokéball.

Now this isn't so bad, but I was so pissed and still am because I have never run into a shiny ever again...:c

LinooneFriend

Pokefriend
Years
Happened to me twice,
1. I had a linoone holding my only amulet coin, and it used sleep talk which made it use fling and I lost it :( .
2. My linoone had a one-day strain of pokerus, and I had no idea what it was or what to do with it.

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
1. Didn't select good pokemon to fight Whitneys Milktank, and under leveled, then forgetting if i disabled Stomp she still has Rollout which is a even badder thing!

2. Used a master ball...on a shiny Rattata.

3. Searching for the shiny Charmander in Viridian Forest...hours wasted searching

Years
Two moments when I was playing Black were this:

Using my Master Ball on Reshiram... I should have used it on something harder to catch like Tornadus. Yeah, I was such a noob.

Running from a Shiny Boldore in Twist Mountain, which was bad cos now I missed out on an opportunity for a good-looking Shiny.

Pinta77

I never have a problem with forgeting to save thankfully. Im pretty good at that.

I, however, am that person who thinks that if I keep pressing A, the game will go faster. So i select the wrong moves a lot.

soulavenger

A Keen Observer
Years
There are quite a few:
Encountering an Abra in pokemon blue and using a master ball to capture it, just to prevent it from running away.(Was my first time playing pokemon in english and i had no idea master ball was super super rare)

Had a wild encounter with Entei in the grass and accidentally selected the run option.

Opening a game hoping to see my badass team but pressing the new game button in trying to fasten up the process...

Last edited:
Years
After playing for an hour and a half without saving, I accidentally used my masterball on a Magikarp.

A MAGIKARP!

*bashes head against wall*

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
After playing for an hour and a half without saving, I accidentally used my masterball on a Magikarp.

A MAGIKARP!

*bashes head against wall*

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

I feel your pain. I've done that too... but on a Bellsprout.

Love is the Law, Love under Will.​

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 28, 2013
I left my 3DSXL on sleep mode with Pokemon in it. When yuo leave DS games in a 3DS, it sleeps but the timer still runs or something, because now I have an extra 24 or so hours on my game that I haven't actually played. x:

93Aiwass

Getting Back into Pokemon
Years
I left my 3DSXL on sleep mode with Pokemon in it. When yuo leave DS games in a 3DS, it sleeps but the timer still runs or something, because now I have an extra 24 or so hours on my game that I haven't actually played. x:

Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Why's that a bad thing, out of curiousity?

Love is the Law, Love under Will.​

#isthenumbersign
Years
I accidentally threw my Masterball at something random, I think it was a Golbat or something. I was like oh crap, so I shut the game off. Hadn't saved in like 2 hours and 3 gyms.

Back