• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Script Help Thread (DO NOT REQUEST SCRIPTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
COULD SOMEONE HELP ME???

when i put a Script to a Person it works

but my Main sCript Won't Works it just do the Evil Lurks Sound and nothing
happens....

But the first that i didn't put a Script to that Person it
Works What is the ProbleM?Could someone Tellme?

...What are you saying?

Please try to write more coherently because right now you're not making any sense - Take your time and explain what is happening. Could you also copy and paste your script so people can see if there are any bugs in it that are causing it to malfunction?

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
As soon as you take care of one problem another comes up -__-
Spoiler:

For some reason, the script stops just ends after the message and doesn't move the player down, I thought I had to put waitmovement in, but that didn't solve it either.

Changes in bold. 0xff is the player's #.

Also, if it's a script you're stepping on, you should just change the variable # to something other than 0 rather than use flag 300 (or any flag). If the var # for the script is 4050, in the script where you set flag 300, put setvar 0x4050 0x1 instead. Then you can just put the script @ 0x71DB43 as the offset for the script and erase the script at 0x71DB38.

Trodx

That Guy Behind You
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2012
Changes in bold. 0xff is the player's #.

Also, if it's a script you're stepping on, you should just change the variable # to something other than 0 rather than use flag 300 (or any flag). If the var # for the script is 4050, in the script where you set flag 300, put setvar 0x4050 0x1 instead. Then you can just put the script @ 0x71DB43 as the offset for the script and erase the script at 0x71DB38.

Thank you, that solved the problem and I also found that when i deleted the release line at 0x71DB38 the script worked..I don't know why that is.

By the way, does anyone know what Error 13 (#define mismatch) in XSE is about, my script looks normal as usual but for some reason xse doesn't want to compile the msgbox part of this script

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Quickster

Dream or Drop?
Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2016
Thank you, that solved the problem and I also found that when i deleted the release line at 0x71DB38 the script worked..I don't know why that is.

By the way, does anyone know what Error 13 (#define mismatch) in XSE is about, my script looks normal as usual but for some reason xse doesn't want to compile the msgbox part of this script

Spoiler:

Thats just a simple mistake, it should be msgbox @talk 0x4. You just mixed them up. :p

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Hi, I need this script to start as soon as the player spawns, as the script is on the tile where the player spawns, but it won't work unless you move off the tile, then move back on it.

Here's the script.
Spoiler:

RetroRoller

Trailer Trash
Years
How can I change the colour of text in the message Mid-Text in PKSV?
I'm using FireRed ROM.

The script also doesn't work when I step on it, the game just freezes.

Code:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Hi, I need this script to start as soon as the player spawns, as the script is on the tile where the player spawns, but it won't work unless you move off the tile, then move back on it.

Here's the script.
Spoiler:
Putting it on the tile where the Player spawns won't do it. You either need to make it a level script, or use it on a tile where the Player is forced to walk on. (the tile before the warp on the stairs is a good example)

By the way, setting flags isn't the recommended way of deactivating tile scripts. Use variables instead:

• The script tile on A-Map has a value on the right: Variable number. Put a variable of your preference there and keep the value at 0.
  • Somewhere along the script that you are about to compile, put a setvar 0x(yourvariablehere) 0x1
  • After you play the script once, it won't activate again unless you set this variable again to 0.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Putting it on the tile where the Player spawns won't do it. You either need to make it a level script, or use it on a tile where the Player is forced to walk on. (the tile before the warp on the stairs is a good example)

By the way, setting flags isn't the recommended way of deactivating tile scripts. Use variables instead:

• The script tile on A-Map has a value on the right: Variable number. Put a variable of your preference there and keep the value at 0.
  • Somewhere along the script that you are about to compile, put a setvar 0x(yourvariablehere) 0x1
  • After you play the script once, it won't activate again unless you set this variable again to 0.

Ah, thank you for such a lengthy, helpful answer. As I think level scripts are a bit out of my depth, I shall probably put it on the tile before the stairs. Thank you for the help.

Uh, problem. My script refuses to work if I put a setvar in there, and will only work if I change the value AND number to 0001. Any idea why?

Last edited:

Trodx

That Guy Behind You
Years
  • Seen May 13, 2012
Problem: I rewrote a previously compiled script by me and pressed compile. But when I close and reopen the script it reverts back to normal. Any Ideas? I always decompile it before rewriting.

XSE 1.1.1

Timmydoop

Expert Trainer
Years
Since this is not a Pokescript.. I'll just ask anyways how do you make a script like.

I have two items pick which hand you want your Item from
then it comes up like yes and no does but it says left hand and right hand
If you pick one you get one of the items and if you pick the other one you get the other item

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
Uh, problem. My script refuses to work if I put a setvar in there, and will only work if I change the value AND number to 0001. Any idea why?
Oops, my bad. Forgot to tell you that you need to set 'Unknown' to 0003, in the value above 'Var number'. No, don't change the 'Var value' to 1.
Problem: I rewrote a previously compiled script by me and pressed compile. But when I close and reopen the script it reverts back to normal. Any Ideas? I always decompile it before rewriting.

XSE 1.1.1
If you're trying to overwrite (not rewrite) pointers in a compiled script then it won't work, iirc.
Since this is not a Pokescript.. I'll just ask anyways how do you make a script like.

I have two items pick which hand you want your Item from
then it comes up like yes and no does but it says left hand and right hand
If you pick one you get one of the items and if you pick the other one you get the other item
Well, what you need to change here is the Multibox. There is a multichoice for FRLG and Emerald that has 'Left/right' in it and it's multichoice 0x1D. In RS it's multichoice 0x36.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
Oops, my bad. Forgot to tell you that you need to set 'Unknown' to 0003, in the value above 'Var number'. No, don't change the 'Var value' to 1.

Ah, I appreciate the help, but it's still not working... Here's my script and image of my settings. Apologies for it being compiled, I couldn't find the decompiled version.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've also tried changing the 0x82 to 0x0082 in the script. Nothing changed.

Edit : Never mind, I got it. The variable was too small, so I changed it to 8009 and now it works. Thanks for the help. :D

Last edited:

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
^ Well yeah, don't use variables below 5000. It's unsafe, as far as I recall.

Truality

Left for good
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 17, 2013
I see. One last question, is there a specific way to see how many bytes a script will take up?
There's no quick way to find out, I think you have to calculate. XSE has a command index (press F1 to browse it) which explains how many bytes each command takes up. Oh, and here's a nice tutorial on bits/bytes and the lot.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2013
There's no quick way to find out, I think you have to calculate. XSE has a command index (press F1 to browse it) which explains how many bytes each command takes up. Oh, and here's a nice tutorial on bits/bytes and the lot.

Ah, thanks a lot then, all the help's appreciated. :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
hey guys im editing the text and other stuff using xse with advanced map. i have a problem though in the part where oak gives you the pokedex and stuff theres an error even on the original script and idk why its on line 166 and 714 is says error 13 type mismatch on line 166 missing #define or parameter line: giveitem2 0x4 0x5 0x101 heres the script
msgbox 0x818E612 '"OAK: You can't get detailed data\no..."
callstd 0x4
additem 0x4 0x5
msgbox 0x818E6B3 '"[player] received five POKé BALLS."
giveitem2 0x4 0x5 0x101
msgbox 0x818E6D0 '"When a wild POKéMON appears,\nit's ..."
callstd 0x4
setvar 0x8004 0x0
setvar 0x8005 0x1
special 0x173
plz help im new to this stuff and it shouldnt happen because its the original script

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back