• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2015
Hmm...
Battle Cave sounds fun.
Okay, so at least my Pokemon will always have a good move set. That's really great

helmy96

Now planning a hack, nid help
Years
Sweet!! Its July and I'm waiting eagerly :3 Pleasereleasepleasereleasepleaserelease!!!

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
Woah, I can't believe so many guys are excited for this! :D

Sorry guys if my progress is too slow I'll get done buy a week\two so just chill and relax... :D

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Yes, Battle Cave is cool. When I created it, I specifically had in mind a cave where some of the best pokemon's pre-evolved forms can be found at decent levels. It also helps because after battle cave, the levels of the trainers increase to a somewhat farther range then what you would be facing previously. I didn't want ppl to breeze through it, so the difficulty is challenging but not difficult enough for you to be pissed off and break something. From my experiences, the hardest person in the first beta is the 3rd gym leader as she has the highest evolved forms of her pokemon. But luckily, Larvaitar & Beldum are in battle cave, which is before the gym battle :classic:. Riolu'll get crushed though...Her Espeon is not to be messed with.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Pretty cool screenies =)
I can feel that this will be a huge blast once it's finished!
Great job so far!

And no one battles Psychic types with Riolu, one simply evolves Riolu into Lucario =D

Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2019
okay, thanks for the replies, but forgot to ask some last questions, is eevee also obatinable within beta 1?, and it might be possible to have the last evolved form of our starter dragons in beta 1 (e.x: dragonite, salamance, garchmomp)?

Last edited:

Shadow-Pikachu

the Shadow Pikachu
Years
Oh my potatoes I can't wait for this hack! It looks soooo amazing! Let's just hope it'll work for me.. most hacks don't work even after I merge them with the game.. D: I REALLY want this one to work.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
@Gold011 Yes, Evee can be obtainable in Nursery Road. Nursery Road, is a road where you can find cute Pokemon but more importantly the pre-evolved forms of alot of Pokemon. (ex: Elekid/Magby) its also where the daycare center is and a little surprise, that I won't tell. ??????

From my estimation I would say the beta probably won't last long enough too get the final evolutions of the starters. Its possible if you use JUST that Pokemon, but I wouldn't recommand it.??????

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Thanks everyone. I'm probably more excited for you guys to play than you are yourselves lol. I feel confident that I created an amazing story & blended all of the characters/legendary pokemon very well & it all comes together in a good storytelling pace. Yes, there will be Tile Errors(None that'll ruin your experience, trust me). Yes, a few of the speech scripts may be abit long(followed by or before epic battles though.), and I will admit that the road from the 1st major city to the 2nd major city may feel a tad bit like a longer Fire Red. The hack at the release of the beta is by no means perfect, but it's still very enjoyable and you'll love it, I 100% believe that.

Speaking of the cities, you'll also travel to cities that don't have gyms, but either important events or some rare obtainable pokemon somewhere in the city. I believe there's 3 of these in beta 1, and 4 cities with gyms in it. Not including all of the long routes/caves & you've got yourself a pretty long beta.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 16, 2014
Woah, that does seem like a long beta. I was expecting it to be very short considering it's the first beta.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Yes, the beta's very long. Otherwise it would've been released by now. Also adding to the fact we had to start over on a completely new fire red rom early last month made the process even longer to finish. Your patience will be worth it. You'll have alot to playthrough and I've already started progress on the 2nd beta as you've seen in the screenshots. So after the 1st is release, the 2nd will be released some time after. That'll go to the 8th gym badge & an epic battle at the very end, leading the cast of the story to the next region.

Sydney & Dray Are Completed

2ahxkyx.png
2wdax4w.jpg

2aes8z6.png
a6zus.jpg

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
Don't know if anyone asked this but...will darugis be catchable ??? Also from what you said in your post (#152) the beta 2 will be the final one :O

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
No, Darugis won't be catchable. Darugis is the final boss battle in the game. He's not even a pokemon so he can't be caught. He's just a gathering of all the negative energy in the world manifested into the 3 pokemon who's power it absorbed the most.
Beta 2 won't be the final one. Beta 2 will be concluded after you obtain the 8 badges of the first region & have an epic climax-like battle with a particular pokemon's shadow form. After the battle, the beta will end but that is not the end of the game because Darugis isn't defeated yet. So the cast travels to the next region called the "Omni" Region. I orginally planed to spilt it up into 2 hacks. But Tajaros gave me the idea to put it all in 1 hack because it'll be less work & overall just better. In That region, it'll have 8 gyms (The 8th gym leader being the champion of both regions) & tons of more events. It'll feel as if you're playing 2 hacks in 1. That's the goal...

Last edited:

Volcanix769

Known as the Quilava Guy!
Years
Ok, so will Ferroseed and Ferrothorn have like a Grass-Type Attack(rather than Leech Seed)? And that it's cool that there's Pokemon that can learn good moves as well.

Mr. Black

Master Of Reality
Years
No, Darugis won't be catchable. Darugis is the final boss battle in the game. He's not even a pokemon so he can't be caught. He's just a gathering of all the negative energy in the world manifested into the 3 pokemon who's power it absorbed the most.
Beta 2 won't be the final one. Beta 2 will be concluded after you obtain the 8 badges of the first region & have an epic climax-like battle with a particular pokemon's shadow form. After the battle, the beta will end but that is not the end of the game because Darugis isn't defeated yet. So the cast travels to the next region called the "Omni" Region. I orginally planed to spilt it up into 2 hacks. But Tajaros gave me the idea to put it all in 1 hack because it'll be less work & overall just better. In That region, it'll have 8 gyms (The 8th gym leader being the champion of both regions) & tons of more events. It'll feel as if you're playing 2 hacks in 1. That's the goal...

If this is going to happen it would be like......pokemon light platinum on superlative form :D Though i believe that it is going to be better ! Once again Good Luck ;)

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Yes, Ferroseed will have grass attacks of course. He's also obtainable near the 2nd major city in the Swamp along with Pineco. Somewhat of a rare though...But you'll have access to catch it before you reach the 2nd major city.
I want to release this Very Badly, so all of you can enjoy it & see how great it really is. Tajaros will be done soon...

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Unsure. I do have their back sprites, so I may make it possible. but it might conflict with the storyline. So I'm unsure at the moment. It's not a Yes but not a No either.

Back