• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The *new* Prism League Discussion & Questions thread

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Yeah, we were talking on Skype the other day (real cool app you should check it out), and he was saying how he hasn't won a challenge in the last year and doesn't feel qualified for the position as a result. This all happened because I dropped him a line about wanting to battle for the Chill Badge.

Many sighs were exchanged, and I have already wept, but the ceremony of his passage has yet to come.
Alright then, I'll remove him from the list sometime....

Still dunno what you were saying with the Cell pics tho

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
Years
Hah, those cell pics are cell from his weakest, stronger, and strongest form.

Pretty sure it's something along the lines of your team and/or knowledge about the game grows with each new challenge.

Or something.

The machinations of Skyburial's mind are an enigma...

Many lesser men have lost their lives in pursuit of such knowledge.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Pretty sure it's something along the lines of your team and/or knowledge about the game grows with each new challenge.

Or something.

The machinations of Skyburial's mind are an enigma...

Many lesser men have lost their lives in pursuit of such knowledge.

Pretty much. You get to pick your Challenge team, yeah? And then you have to adapt it to new opponents and counter its limitations cleverly, so that by the time you have championed the league with it, you could consider yourself an expert on those 6 Pokemon.

Meanwhile, battling as a gym leader is more like making yourself as deadly as possible with limited resources.

Years
Pretty much. You get to pick your Challenge team, yeah? And then you have to adapt it to new opponents and counter its limitations cleverly, so that by the time you have championed the league with it, you could consider yourself an expert on those 6 Pokemon.

Meanwhile, battling as a gym leader is more like making yourself as deadly as possible with limited resources.

Even I still don't understand.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
So if everyone is in favor of me taking the Gym Leader spot at the Showdown Division that would be great.
One thing has to be clear though I'm not giving up my spot a the 3DS division.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
Years
So I was playing Pokemon again today and I realized something.

Gym leaders and elite four members sometimes have 'titles' that they go by, like how Lance's was 'Dragonmaster'

That's all well and good, but they only (usually) had one primary typing they could stick to.

What would your guys' titles be? I think I'd want mine to be the same as my user title (Lunar Silhouette) which goes well with water, but not so much with ground.

TGM

Lunar Silhouette
Years
How are we the gym leaders prepared for a battle if we don't know what we will face. It's not that we counter every single pokémon off you but it's a bit unfair that the first gym leader you face has no idea what pokémon he should bring.

Pulled from the challenge thread,

what's the extent to which we can prepare for the opponent's team?

I was under the impression that we weren't supposed to try and 'counter' the challenger's team, so I never look at my challenger's team before a battle.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
Years
Well if you know he has for example five pokémon that have an advantage over some pokémon you don't bring that right?
I think as a gym leader you must do your best to make it hard to take your badge. So you don't bring certain pokémon if they are useless in your match up.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
Well if you know he has for example five pokémon that have an advantage over some pokémon you don't bring that right?
I think as a gym leader you must do your best to make it hard to take your badge. So you don't bring certain pokémon if they are useless in your match up.

That just gave me an idea for another tournament....

*skitters off*

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
Years
To all fellow gym leaders, Elite, Champion, and staff of the Prism League:

So i brought an idea to Polar, and wanted to share with you all.

We are all currently holding a team of 6 Pokemon. I thought that maybe we can swift... things around to the gym leader's discretion. Meaning that we don't have to have a full party of Pokemon per challenge.

Like the shows, gym leaders should be able to compete with as many pokemon they think their party is best with (example: 4v4, 5v5 or 6v6), in my opinion is could make challenges not only shorter, but also interesting. The challenger would have to, obviously, match the gym leader's Pokemon.

It also gives the challenger the opportunity to shift Pokemon around the six that he started with. If gym leader uses 4, challenger can use 4 of the six.

Given that when they reach the elite four (that's up to you guys) the elite can choose to use 5 Pokemon or all six, but mandatory to use all six for champion...

I have put a lot of thought about this for a while and thought about bringing it up, thought that we can all discuss this and share our thoughts. If this doesn't go through, it's okay. I love being part of the league like I told Polar. And it's also fun being part of it :)

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
So now that we actually have a shit ton of challenges going on at once -----> Championship battles can be a thing, yeah? The standing champion would use their challenge team, not their gym team. So it would be somewhat fresh.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Who is going to be the official Champion though? It's been talked about a few times before but never really decided upon.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I think it would go to whomever most recently victors over the Elite Four and then go from there. Someone would have to step up to the plate though.

skyburial

Orca Hype
Years
I'll be out of town for most of August. Getting back on the 23rd. I'd be cool with anyone subbing for me during that time. Battle honorably if you do. You know what that means ;)

Back