• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Pokémon Choice Quest - Chapter 61. A shocking sensation

Etherion

Bug Pokémon? Butterfly net? Let's do this!

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
why is there no 'use hammer' option :((

Let's use our butterfly net! I think the legendary Metapod resides in this forest.

Years
I actually wouldnt mind catching a Venipede so go for it! Still, I want to mess up at least one of the polls so this one's it. But it seems like no one is up for watching TV anyway.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
Years
I actually wouldnt mind catching a Venipede so go for it! Still, I want to mess up at least one of the polls so this one's it. But it seems like no one is up for watching TV anyway.

Don't worry Sven, there will be plenty of chances to mess up everything. I'll make sure to have options available.

1. Bug Pokémon? Butterfly net? Let's do this! 5 votes
2. There must be an excellent view if you climb in a tree. 1 vote
3. Forests are boring, quickly running through is the best option. 1 vote
4. Maybe going on adventure alone wasn't the best idea ever. Let's return home and watch television. 1 vote

I really like how the first four votes were all different, but then everything turned on #1.

Lycanthropy

Years
> #1. Bug Pokémon? Butterfly net? Let's do this!
Pokémon
048.png

Inventory
Hammer
Bucket

Deaths: 0​

3. Gotcha!

As a Pokémon trainer, you gotta catch 'em all. Catching at least one is a good way to start. "Go, butterfly net!" you shout as you raise the net in the air, looking for the nearest butterfly Pokémon to catch. Sadly your war shout scared off most of the wild Pokémon, not that there were any butterflies anyway, but you notice a Venonat watching you curiously. (Is he laughing at you?) You remember it evolving into a butterfly, so the effect would practically be the same. You don't take the time to think and swing the net towards the insect, which swiftly dodged it. After two more tries slamming the net around the wild Pokémon, you managed to get it inside your net. In your enthusiasm, you broke the net's stick. But that doesn't matter, you finally have your first Pokémon! Now it's hoping it won't escape the net.
As you walk further, nothing important happens. Most Pokémon still seem to be hiding from you. A Caterpie camouflages itself between the leaves, a Spearow flies away above the treetops, a Venipede shoots away into the bushes. Not much later you see the exit of the forest, while still holding a Venonat in a broken net under your arm.

What do you do?
  1. Look for a small room to lock yourself into, giving no escape possibilities for Venonat.
  2. Who said I had enough already of that forest? Turn around and go back.
  3. There must be a PokéMart in the next town, supplies would be helpful.
  4. Now would be a great time for a picnic somewhere in the fields.
Additionally, you can give a nickname to the 'captured' Venonat if you want. Suggestions?

magicarp4thewin

Lv19 Magikarp, wonder what happens next?
Years
Hmmm #3 seems to be the obvious choice... But that's no fun lol. I'll vote #4 and use the power of food to bond with venonat

(Still think we should've went with the bucket for a water type)

Last edited:
Years
No! You go back into that bush after the Venipede!
Also, doesnt Venonat fight back while you're carrying in a cheap netlol?
This is really fun, dont mind me protesting all the time :D

Also, is it just me or we never actually told anyone we went on a journey?
Also, how old are we?
Real me would probably have a snack, but the more real me would go back and find a Pokemon I'd be satisfied with.
Also can you provide us with some info like what season at time it is? :)

Anyway, I vote for 2, turn around and get something more. I actually dont mind Venomoth and Venonat despite the color, but we could use more Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Venonat is cool, I vote #4 so we can make friends with him by offering food :D Not sure on a nickname yet though... how about Scrambles because they always look so confused?

Years
4. Now would be a great time for a picnic somewhere in the fields.

I'm not sure if we remembered to bring any food with us, but a picnic would be nice for bonding, and maybe an encounter! Not sure about a nickname, hehe.

Lycanthropy

Years
Hmmm #3 seems to be the obvious choice... But that's no fun lol.

Don't forget the options are things you want to do, it isn't specified if they will succeed. Who knows, there might not even be a PokéMart in the closest town, or even a town at all. Or the Mart could be trapped or taken over by the local evil gang.

(Still think we should've went with the bucket for a water type)

I really doubt how effective that would be, as it has a bottom. The water can't flow through and will partly push the water Pokémon out of the bucket instead of enclosing it. I think using a butterfly net would be more efficient. ;)

No! You go back into that bush after the Venipede!

You clearly demanded for a Venipede, so I had to give one a cameo.

Also, doesnt Venonat fight back while you're carrying in a cheap netlol?

It's stuck, so it lacks the room to Tackle. And anybody should know that butterfly nets are super effective against bug Pokémon.

This is really fun, dont mind me protesting all the time :D

Doesn't that mean you got really into the story? I think that's rather positive.

Also, is it just me or we never actually told anyone we went on a journey?
Also, how old are we?
Real me would probably have a snack, but the more real me would go back and find a Pokemon I'd be satisfied with.
Also can you provide us with some info like what season at time it is? :)

Also, also, also... Please stahp.
-Well noted. You didn't tell anyone, but your parents will probably notice as soon as they get out of bed.
-I haven't really specified an age, but expect someone of about 12-16 years old.
-Hereby it's Spring.

Anyway, I vote for 2, turn around and get something more. I actually dont mind Venomoth and Venonat despite the color, but we could use more Pokemon.

This is the Pokémon world, there live Pokémon in other places too. And with "other places too", I mean like everywhere. What did you do in your playthrough? Sticking around in Viridian Forest because there still kept appearing other Pokémon and you got to catch them all?

Not sure on a nickname yet though... how about Scrambles because they always look so confused?

Scrambles sounds good. :)
Other options are still welcome, then there could be a second poll regarding the name.

What do you do?
1. Look for a small room to lock yourself into, giving no escape possibilities for Venonat.
2. Who said I had enough already of that forest? Turn around and go back. 1 vote
3. There must be a PokéMart in the next town, supplies would be helpful. 1 vote
4. Now would be a great time for a picnic somewhere in the fields. 3 votes

Venonat's name suggestions
A. Scrambles

Years
You clearly demanded for a Venipede, so I had to give one a cameo.

Thanks haha. Now at least we know they live in that forest :P

It's stuck, so it lacks the room to Tackle. And anybody should know that butterfly nets are super effective against bug Pokémon.

nice one :P

Doesn't that mean you got really into the story? I think that's rather positive.

Oh, so the protesting is encouraged here, I am really starting to like this thread lol.

Also, also, also... Please stahp.
-Well noted. You didn't tell anyone, but your parents will probably notice as soon as they get out of bed.
-I haven't really specified an age, but expect someone of about 12-16 years old.
-Hereby it's Spring.

Thanks. Then we might want to go back before we get grounded forever? xD

This is the Pokémon world, there live Pokémon in other places too. And with "other places too", I mean like everywhere. What did you do in your playthrough? Sticking around in Viridian Forest because there still kept appearing other Pokémon and you got to catch them all?

yeah, usually I do actually
Still, That's what I'd do irl probably, so there you have it :D

As for the nickname, we can call him (assuming it's a male), Bugger or Flyon (flying posion or somethin', I suck at creating nicknames tbh)

Lycanthropy

Years
Oh, so the protesting is encouraged here, I am really starting to like this thread lol.

~_~
Anyway, feedback is always appreciated.

Thanks. Then we might want to go back before we get grounded forever? xD

You were the only one who actually voted for returning home and watching television. (So in fact you might be the only one who was not messing up. :P)

Etherion

There must be a PokéMart in the next town, supplies would be helpful.

Nickname suggestion: Creepy

Back