• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Resource Thread

YellowTemperance

DeDeDoodles™ by Kirby
Years
It's not my finest spritework, to be honest, but I felt it was good enough to contribute here, so here's a couple sprites of Blastoise that could be used in a ROMhack.

kvknr.png

I based these sprites off official artwork done by Sugimori, for a set of Cardass cards done in '97 for the first-gen games. I don't know if it'd ever get used, but if you do, just credit me under the name "Fatman X. Jones" for them. It's what I go by in the spriting world.

icycatelf

Alex
Years
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I designed custom badges of every type that anyone can feel free to use for their game. They still have to be sprited, but I figure these will be handy for those who have trouble designing badges.

Spoiler:

First row: Aroma Badge (Grass), Grill Badge (Fire), Angler Badge (Water), Color Badge (Normal)
Second row: Sky Badge (Flying), Colony Badge (Bug), Dart Badge (Poison)
Third row: Connect Badge (Electric), Pixie Badge (Fairy), Dream Badge (Psychic), Geode Badge (Rock)
Fourth row: Drill Badge (Ground), Lurking Badge (Dark), Spirit Badge (Ghost)
Fifth row: Binding Badge (Steel), Champion Badge (Fighting), Scoop Badge (Ice), Talon Badge (Dragon)

Feel free to change the names. Credit is appreciated, but not required!

Last edited:
Years
Emerald with some mechanic updates

This is a lightly modified emerald base intended for ease of use on new hacks.
The only freespace that has been used is after the e3cf64 mark.
The changes include:
1. From PHO SkyOfBlades' tutorial for turning all free 00 offsets to FF
Mechanic Updates
2. HidoranBlaze's Rough Skin Change from 1/16 to 1/8 hp
3. KDS's Crit Hit Table Change and Multiplier from x2 to 1.5x
4. HackMews' PRNG Fix with ThomasWinwood's change of it to use the original seeding routine (His change works as far as I can see while testing!)
5. HackMews' Pomeg Glitch FIx

In addition to these changes I am going to continue to try to find small updates that all emerald hacks deserve to have and update this thread.
For now I am only interested in fixing glitches found on the original emerald rom, finding ways to update to the gen4+ mechanics, and maybe add attack moves that have same mechanics as gen 3 moves.
I am not interested in adding gen4+ pokemon yet.

Downloads:
all changes
View attachment 74267
00s not changed to FFs
View attachment 74268

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 6, 2015
In FireRed, calling the routine at 0x080567F4 | 1 reloads the current map. This might be useful for implementing things like a custom menu and as soon as you close it, you reload the map. Here is a code-snippet you might use:

Code:
.equ reload, 0x080567F5

main:
push {rX-rZ, lr}
... @ YOUR CUSTOM CODE
bl func
pop {rX-rZ, pc}

func:
push {lr}
ldr r0, =reload
bx r0

In addition to this, replace the pointer at 0x102794 with a pointer to a custom routine. The callback of the Pokédex is now replaced with your own callback, giving you the possibility to implement a brand new feature (PokéGEAR, Item-Case, ...)

Have fun gals! :-)

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Here is a good a good set of tiles. Very beautiful (:

yMHGM1K.png

Credits:
Trevor
Tapia
Edo
War
Javs
Kyledove

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
It's like wtf have you done with them they look awfully recolored.. Oh what the heck.
URxFOTb.png
jZVXuD0.png

zbQTKaC.png
l3egcr5.png

no they ain't no delta species!!

But here's the main.

7t65Jk9.png

Awesome, no? Three categories each. Normal, shiny, shadow.

Credits to me and smogon. Note btw you have to resize these babies.

Last edited:

Eminence

Pokemon Eminence
Years
Took me bloody ages to rip these. Anyway, these are from Kyledove's hoenn remakes, he stated they're public so I spent the time to extract almost all of the tiles there. I missed the light grass and the border of the ocean tiles. Enjoy.
kyle_dove_hoenn_tiles_by_nupzdeviant-d8lmt05.png

all credit to; kyledove

xboxmandude

Rom Hacker
Years
Here is reds ow by me
Credit Me if used :)
I'll make the fishing and bike vs sprites soon
Just insert them with ow editor
The pallets haven't been changed

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Aug 23, 2015
A few sprites and images I made for a DS Emerald Hack.....

Free if anybody wants to use it. They're not great,but I think they're cool.Check em out. They're both a Brendan Re-Art of Emerald.I used MS Paint to make these.I might make more if you ask me to. ;)

P.S:Sprite is from DPPt.

megavileplume

Erika's husband
Years
Here are some by me indexed BW / BW2 / DPPt / HGSS trainer sprites from SpritersResource, I think they are indexed correctly and are ready to be inserted with NSE or whatever, worked for me. Credits for ripping and compiling the sprite sheets go to: NX KUN, LEMON, redblueyellow, Eevee, Zhen Lin, pika, Pipian, Paperfairy (from SpitersResource). I chose to index only the sprites that actually have trainer classes in either of the Gen 3 games.

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
What a nice thread

I will post a few things, everything is made by me so please, give credit if you use

Hp bars
Pokémon RUBY
4xQYAei.png
0frfRtZ.png

4yUKmU6.png

Fire Red
oOjZn3z.png

bHhWvQS.png

Without border
8AVkKRt.png

Pokémon Emerald

NZMNQsO.png
sBnpztm.png

Ai0ygFP.png

And even more for Emerald:
ueaimni.png
h9qbVbm.png

T-Boxes
Emerald
PDIFamz.png

Fire Red
olcAvN0.png
9j0rzx0.png

Pokémon RUBY, maybe the small ones works in Emerald and Fire red aswell, didn't test
SZztmZ8.png
5WUwYhV.png
BG8XDR8.png
Ceb42n7.png
zVhjyFS.png
VIPcBUs.png

And here is another, not indexed or inserted yet
YLiExpV.png

BattleBackgrounds
GCtKjSx.png
O5ruGSX.png
8CZF0zJ.png
bfUzRXT.png
bNvIakJ.png

Are you looking for indexed pokémon sprites? Check here!

Just remember to give credits!

Phasesaber

Software Engineer turned Pokemon Hacker
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Apr 1, 2020
Fakemon are "fun". I like them better than "let's add all the pokemanz to this old game!", but opinions are opinions.

aO6cLlB.png

It should be indexed, though I don't know how well Imgur retains that.

Here it is in-game:
Jx1ZSCK.png

Watermon to go along with the Lavamon. Grassmon coming soon? (Maybe-indexed as well)

SAfl4d4.png

jDKIjzC.png

Dark Lugia that is a little more than a retexture.

yhhuGhy.png

iZfgF9j.png

cjQNVNW.png

Using it = Crediting it to https://github.com/phase

Last edited:

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
Years
Ready to insert into Fire Red using Unlz-GBA, a replacement for the male player in the Oaks intro
8vCPSrK.png

And the HEX direction to change the palette: 46161C

Remember to give credits if you will use it

Back