• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Magnius Guide to Pokemon Music Hacking

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
@ narutofoxlover:
search in the internet for the file, then put it into the system 32 folder.
then, click start and execute (I hope it's the right word, I'm from austria so my pc is in german).
there you type:
regsvr32 C: \windows\system32\vbalcbex6.ocx (no space after the C:, but there'd be a smiley without the space -.-)
this is for windows XP, if you have another system the just type in the direction of your system32 folder.
and press enter.
Then there should be a message that the new file has been succesfully registered.
try opening sappy again afterwards.

@12345: You have to open the s-file in wordpad and enter commands to loop it.
Here in the tutorial section, clonex25 wrote a tutorial about it.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
Years
@ narutofoxlover:
search in the internet for the file, then put it into the system 32 folder.
then, click start and execute (I hope it's the right word, I'm from austria so my pc is in german).
there you type:
regsvr32 C: \windows\system32\vbalcbex6.ocx (no space after the C:, but there'd be a smiley without the space -.-)
this is for windows XP, if you have another system the just type in the direction of your system32 folder.
and press enter.
Then there should be a message that the new file has been succesfully registered.
try opening sappy again afterwards.

@12345: You have to open the s-file in wordpad and enter commands to loop it.
Here in the tutorial section, clonex25 wrote a tutorial about it.

Okay I put the file in the system 32 folder but I cant find where the start option is on that folder. If you mean the start menu at the bottom well it dosent have anything that will execute it. I need someone to help me figure out how to do this cause I still need help!!!

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
it's this thing, at the bottom of the desktop:
1.PNG

I'm sorry it's german, and it looks like vista (it's XP, I tuned the style with vista inspirat).
Maybe you find it with the help of the symbol? ^^

pokemonlover93

The Crystal Sharder.
Years
Okay I need help my sappy is totally screwed up. It always opens with Notepad, I can't process the .s file. Sappy Closes itself and I can't do anything, anyway I can fix this??

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
@lassedasse: the ocx file is just a file which is necessary to make sappy work. You don' open it. Just past it in the system32 folder and register it like I wrote above.
If your sappy already works, there's no need to do this.

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
Years
it's this thing, at the bottom of the desktop:
1.PNG

I'm sorry it's german, and it looks like vista (it's XP, I tuned the style with vista inspirat).
Maybe you find it with the help of the symbol? ^^

There isnt a option on the bottom menu for the execute thing that your talking about. I allready looked for the option in the system help file but it found nothing. I need pictures to show me how to do it or a step by step thing to help me out here.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
Spoiler:

I hope you get it now ^^

Johto Legend 17

A Legend of Johto
Years
Hmm ok I typed in what to type in the run box and I did put the vbal whatever it is file in it (Which the file version is 1.0 if thats the problem) and I got this message LoadLibrary ("C:") Failed- the specific module could not be found. I put the file in system 23 what wrong? Mabey it is out of date? I looked for one that was up to date and cant find one.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Hi there! I'm new, i was loking for help at a chat from this web-site a little while ago and nobody didn't even tell me something.
I need help, i'm truly angry because of my damm computer... it just can't run sappy, first an error appeared telling me that i hadn't a driver (i dunno what it really is) called "vbalCbEx6.ocx", i downloaded that and then an error appeared... yes, another one: no. 429.
"429: ActiveX xomponent can't create object."
Later, i don't know wtf did i do but another error appeared: 372

"372: Failed to load control 'vbalCboEx.ocx' from vbalCbEx6.ocx. Your version of vbal... may be outdated. Make sure that you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

And i dunno what to do!!!! ARG!!!!! this is so weird and exhaustive!.

Please, help me...

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2010
Little guide for people experiencing "Missing OCX" error is right here:

Vista users experiencing"Missing OCX error"
You need to download the named OCX file. It's an ActiveX control which is necessary for the program to operate. You can search for this file in Google. Then, download the file. Now, put the downloaded file onto desktop, just for convenience, or open your folder with downloaded files. Press Start button and type "system32" without the quotes into the search box and press Enter. It will open the system32 folder. Now, drag the OCX file and drop it into the folder. You are done.

XP users experiencing"Missing OCX error"
You need to download the named OCX file, as said above. It's an ActiveX control which is necessary for the program to operate. You can search for this file in Google. Then, download the file. Now, put the downloaded file onto desktop, just for convenience, or open your folder with downloaded files. Open My Computer folder and paste into the address bar: "%SystemRoot%\System32" without the quotes. It will open the system32 folder. Now, drag the OCX file and drop it into the folder. You are done.

Fraot

Researcher & Game Developer
Years
Thanks! my computer can run it now, but there's another problem...
When i press "Play" button, it closes, i mean, it stops running... and i imported a song, a .s file (i converted the midi into that format) and when i load my ROM, it crashes... do someone know why?

20% Brock

Freikorps Representative
Years
Alright, I hope I haven't missed someone else reporting this problem already.

First off, Sappy does open for me, but when I try to open a ROM such as Fire Red or Emerald, or actually ANY ROM is says the following:

Code:
The game you loaded (gamecode [insert 4 letter header here]) is not known.
Would you like to scan for the song table now?

I say yes, it says something about an xml file for easy future loading, and then continues to run, but without any song or game information whatsoever.

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
well, that's easy to explain...the rom isn't supportet ^^''
Maybe the language was a problem.

And @Martin: Yeah you're right with that, but sometimes you already HAVE the newest version of the file, but it keeps showing the error message.
Then it's nor registered and you have to use the regsvr32 command to register it ^^
That was my problem some time ago.

@naturofoxlover: which operator system do you use, XP. 2000 or vista?
Pls tell me what exactly you typed into the box ;)

alo

Years
XP users experiencing"Missing OCX error"
You need to download the named OCX file, as said above. It's an ActiveX control which is necessary for the program to operate. You can search for this file in Google. Then, download the file. Now, put the downloaded file onto desktop, just for convenience, or open your folder with downloaded files. Open My Computer folder and paste into the address bar: "%SystemRoot%\System32" without the quotes. It will open the system32 folder. Now, drag the OCX file and drop it into the folder. You are done.

So I did exactly this thing, but I still get the same messages as this guy:

Hi there! I'm new, i was loking for help at a chat from this web-site a little while ago and nobody didn't even tell me something.
I need help, i'm truly angry because of my damm computer... it just can't run sappy, first an error appeared telling me that i hadn't a driver (i dunno what it really is) called "vbalCbEx6.ocx", i downloaded that and then an error appeared... yes, another one: no. 429.
"429: ActiveX xomponent can't create object."
Later, i don't know wtf did i do but another error appeared: 372

"372: Failed to load control 'vbalCboEx.ocx' from vbalCbEx6.ocx. Your version of vbal... may be outdated. Make sure that you are using the version of the control that was provided with your application."

And i dunno what to do!!!! ARG!!!!! this is so weird and exhaustive!.

Please, help me...

Master_Track

ROM Reaverz Scripter
Years
ô.O
Of course, US version of Firered is supported. I use it myself with sappy.
Maybe you changed, accidently or not, the header code of the rom and now sappy can't load it.
Can u open it in AM, UnLZ, cyclone etc.?

The code I mean is BPRE, which is the normal one and says the programm: Hello, I'm this version, so load this data.
It can be changed with the header editor or whatever it may be called, or through hex. If it's changed, tools wont recognize which version it is and will say: Unsupportet or Unknown.
So maybe you changed it accidently, I don't know. Just try opening it with other tools.

edit: Download the Rom header editor advance from -hackmew-'s toolbox--> Here

Open the rom, and write BPRE into the game code box.
If there's already BRPE inside..dunno, just delete it and write it again and save.
I hope that's the problem.

Back