• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"It's raining" in-battle animation

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
The raining animation that starts when the battle begins is currently not part of the stock essentials kit so how can I implement it?
I think the question is pretty straightforward and that it needs no further explanation.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
Well, yes it is. Its not a good animation, but it's there. Where did you get that idea from, that it was missing?

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
That's strange, it's not working in my project and the wiki page ( http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Weather ) states that: "Pokémon Essentials currently does not support in-battle weather animations that play while a message states a weather is in effect" so I thought it was normally missing.
In this case something must be interfering and it's my fault.

Nickalooose

--------------------
Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2023
You can tell weather is there if you use Sandstorm... But sometimes, you can see the rain falling.

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
the wiki page ( http://pokemonessentials.wikia.com/wiki/Weather ) states that: "Pokémon Essentials currently does not support in-battle weather animations that play while a message states a weather is in effect" so I thought it was normally missing.
That paragraph was added literally over five years ago, and the most recent edit to that page was over two years ago. It's a safe bet it's at least somewhat out of date. I wouldn't take it too literally.

You may have missed the rain animation because the rain drops are so thin and because the animation lasts only half a second. For both of these reasons, I said it was a bad animation. A quick look at the code shows that it plays a common animation called "Rain" at the expected times, and there does exist a common animation of that name.

Telemetius

Tele*
Years
That paragraph was added literally over five years ago, and the most recent edit to that page was over two years ago. It's a safe bet it's at least somewhat out of date. I wouldn't take it too literally.

You may have missed the rain animation because the rain drops are so thin and because the animation lasts only half a second. For both of these reasons, I said it was a bad animation. A quick look at the code shows that it plays a common animation called "Rain" at the expected times, and there does exist a common animation of that name.

Thanks, I'll just need to edit the animation it's way easier that I thought.

Back