• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Musicians' Corner

Frazzevous

Impulsive lil' kitty
Years
I don't know myself, because I usually have to have my director help me with the tuning. Actually, I don't know if we have one too... I guess a normal tuner would work okay with it if you're using the electric bass and the line for it... Might have to try it out someday. :0

That's all right.

@Skittish
You just need confidence in yourself! Im sure youre a great player! (Also a normal guitar tuner will work fine with a bass guitar).
Just start playing songs you like and then find a band that plays those songs/similar ones as well and youll be set!

Also I was thinking of putting up a Song for everyone to learn soon, anyone got any songs/ genres theyd like to see?

I know, but I'm really having a lot of issues lately, and confidence/self-esteem is one of 'em. Thanks for the support, though.

Classical. It'd help soothe me. Haha.

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
I know, but I'm really having a lot of issues lately, and confidence/self-esteem is one of 'em. Thanks for the support, though.

Classical. It'd help soothe me. Haha.[/FONT]

Naww I'm sure youre incredible! No need to have confidence or self esteem issues! You are fantastic! And the more you practice your music, the better youll become!

Classical. That could be tricky, I dont know many classical songs, maybe Canon in D?

Renyui!

ascender
Years
Oh my goodness, how did I not see this thread before.

Username: Renyui!
Instrument(s) played: Piano, Synthesizers (They are distinctly different, don't judge), Guitar, Bass (Slap and Finger), Drum Kit, Mallet Percussion, Bass Clarinet, and I'm capable with Ableton Live
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Yes, but my mixing board is being repaired at the moment, so I'd probably be just making ableton samples with my MIDI controller for a while.

We should do something super unique, like sample Baroque period stuff and lay a beat over it, or like arrange stuff for different ensembles? (e.g. modern electro song arr. for percusson ensemble?)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Oh my goodness, how did I not see this thread before.

Username: Renyui!
Instrument(s) played: Piano, Synthesizers (They are distinctly different, don't judge), Guitar, Bass (Slap and Finger), Drum Kit, Mallet Percussion, Bass Clarinet, and I'm capable with Ableton Live
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Yes, but my mixing board is being repaired at the moment, so I'd probably be just making ableton samples with my MIDI controller for a while.

We should do something super unique, like sample Baroque period stuff and lay a beat over it, or like arrange stuff for different ensembles? (e.g. modern electro song arr. for percusson ensemble?)

Welcome to the Club Renyui!
It's good that you finally realised it was here!
My god, you play quite a few instruments dont you (I applauded your talent.) How long have you been playing all that.. also.. YES A DRUMMER!! YAY GUYS!!!
I dont think anyone else in the club even has a mixing board at all man... You're way a head of us.

I would be cool to do something like that, but I wouldnt even know where to start with that, maybe you could show me an example of what you mean so I can get my head around it better?

Renyui!

ascender
Years
Welcome to the Club Renyui!
It's good that you finally realised it was here!
My god, you play quite a few instruments dont you (I applauded your talent.) How long have you been playing all that.. also.. YES A DRUMMER!! YAY GUYS!!!
I dont think anyone else in the club even has a mixing board at all man... You're way a head of us.

I would be cool to do something like that, but I wouldnt even know where to start with that, maybe you could show me an example of what you mean so I can get my head around it better?

Weeeelll, I'm not sure if I really have an example, since I was trying to be unique, haha. And thank you! I started on Bass Clarinet when i was like 9, and slowly picked up stuff along the way, and music contributed to my final school marks, so yeah, people don't realize how good it is.

I guess for one of the things I meant was to like, choose some pop song, break it down into all it's separate parts and rearrange them for other instruments. I guess it could even be like a Pokemon theme, considering the forum?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Weeeelll, I'm not sure if I really have an example, since I was trying to be unique, haha. And thank you! I started on Bass Clarinet when i was like 9, and slowly picked up stuff along the way, and music contributed to my final school marks, so yeah, people don't realize how good it is.

I guess for one of the things I meant was to like, choose some pop song, break it down into all it's separate parts and rearrange them for other instruments. I guess it could even be like a Pokemon theme, considering the forum?

Oh thats pretty cool that you did it in school! I had a friend who did music for his finals and it was like the only thing he did well in. What instrument is your strongest??

Oh I understand now, like transcribe a pop song to the different instruments that the club members play and then sync it all up and edit it together as a kind of unique take on the song?

Evanlyn

Kidneys! I've got new kidneys!
Years
Username: Evanlyn
Instrument(s) played: Clarinet (the best instrument in the world)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: *shrug* I can't' really, don't have enough downloads, but might get more soon... so... maybe..

What was the first instrument you started playing, how old were you, and how did you get interested in playing that instrument? Piano because Mum told me I should and I was 5-6 so I was interested in everything :P

Years
  • Seen Jul 10, 2013
@Flying
Whats string bass.. Is that a normal one or a big one..? I have no idea/ can remember at all..

Also I was thinking of putting up a Song for everyone to learn soon, anyone got any songs/ genres theyd like to see?

String basses look like these usually:

177px-AGK_bass1_full.jpg

I play an electric string bass in the jazz band at my school because none of the classical basses we have is small enough for my height. :3

I would totally go for something classical too... though pop music'll be fine by me. n_n

Evanlyn said:
Username: Evanlyn
Instrument(s) played: Clarinet (the best instrument in the world)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: *shrug* I can't' really, don't have enough downloads, but might get more soon... so... maybe..

What was the first instrument you started playing, how old were you, and how did you get interested in playing that instrument? Piano because Mum told me I should and I was 5-6 so I was interested in everything :P

*buttshoves*

Clarinettes for the win! 8D

(And the buttshoves are part of a clarinet tradition at our school. We get the best pow-wows out of all the instruments.)

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome to the club Evanlyn! Happy to have you join our little family of musicians!

Clarinets are a pretty cool instrument, how long have you been playing that? Did you give up on the piano? If so why??

Ill put up a song now Skittish, probs gunna be Canon in D, check the front page.

Oh thats a big bass! Looks like a cello to me though >.>
Yeah I think I'll go with classical for the first few weeks then maybe a pop song afterwards!

The song is up.

Evanlyn

Years
*buttshoves*

Clarinettes for the win! 8D

(And the buttshoves are part of a clarinet tradition at our school. We get the best pow-wows out of all the instruments.)
Yeah go clarinets :D

Welcome to the club Evanlyn! Happy to have you join our little family of musicians!

Clarinets are a pretty cool instrument, how long have you been playing that? Did you give up on the piano? If so why??

Thanks!
They sure are! I've been playing for around 5 years now, and I did give up piano because at the time I couldn't be bothered learning more than one instrument.
I can still play some simpl-ish tunes on the piano.
I'm going to do a Grade 4 music exam (for clarinet) at the beginning of next month, and I reckon I have a chance of passing.

Last edited:

Harmonie

Winds ღ
Years
Username: Envy
Instrument(s) played: Bassoon, Tenor Saxophone (learning now), Piano (for college), and I have some experience with Trumpet and Clarinet.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Never done that before...

What was the first instrument you started playing, how old were you, and how did you get interested in playing that instrument?
My first instrument was the trumpet. I started it in the 6th grade when I was 11. I played it because my cousin played it, pretty much. Wasn't really thinking for myself there. lol

Spoiler:

This piece of crap.

Excuse me?

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Yeah go clarinets :D

Thanks!
They sure are! I've been playing for around 5 years now, and I did give up piano because at the time I couldn't be bothered learning more than one instrument.
I can still play some simpl-ish tunes on the piano.
I'm going to do a Grade 4 music exam (for clarinet) at the beginning of next month, and I reckon I have a chance of passing.

5 years is 3 more years than I! Well done! Thats dedication.
Also I dont understand musical grading, could you please explain it to me :)

Username: Envy
Instrument(s) played: Bassoon, Tenor Saxophone (learning now), Piano (for college), and I have some experience with Trumpet and Clarinet.
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Never done that before...

What was the first instrument you started playing, how old were you, and how did you get interested in playing that instrument?
My first instrument was the trumpet. I started it in the 6th grade when I was 11. I played it because my cousin played it, pretty much. Wasn't really thinking for myself there. lol

Excuse me?

Welcome Envy. I hope you feel welcome in the club. You play a good amount of instrument. So would you like to play with some members of the members of this group if possible. How long did you play the trumpet for before hand?

Evanlyn

Years
5 years is 3 more years than I! Well done! Thats dedication.
Also I dont understand musical grading, could you please explain it to me :)
Ok I'll try..
Here in Australia there are 8 grades of music, grade 1 being the easiest, grade 8 being the hardest (there's harder stuff to do after grade 8 but I don't understand it yet)
Grades 1-4 are the preliminary grades
Grades 5-8 are the higher grades.
So Grade 4 is considered a 'middle' grade..
Basically it sets a standard for where one is at with their music.
Sorry if I haven't explained it very well, this is my first exam.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2013
Username: ivan209
Instrument(s) played: Sing and play piano
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: sure

Hey hope I can join. A little about myself I guess. I'be been singing for about 7-8 years ish (started in choir since about the 4th grade). I'm classically trained, and with that I happen to sing alot of Art Songs and Arias; however I like to sing rock and pop alot. I'm a Baritone/Baritenor. I've only been playing piano for about a year and a half now. I'm also studding music ed for voice right now.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
Username: Kurui
Instrument(s) played: My voice (singer~)
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Yes, please!

I used to be first chair clarinet in my high school, but I had to drop out due to an accidental medication overdose that near put me in a coma. >_<;; So I missed a lot of meets and had to be taken out. I still LOVE to sing, though, and would LOVE to collab with someone on their originals or covers as the singer. I'm very sick though so my voice fails now, and it takes me time to do covers, but I still would like to be considered. <3

I'm most comfortable singing Rock, Pop, Rap/Horrocore, and Operatic Vocal. But i will try anything. I can sing in English, Japanese, Latin, and German. I can learn other language pronunciations with time and guidance. XD

Samples:

A short Sample of a Cute J-pop cover.
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=33043225

WIP Samples of an original rock piece in Japanese.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EKG7zNL4Y_w

WIP sample of original song with me focusing on harmony finding and 'lamenting' backing vocals.
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=21195582

My short english rendition of Flower of Hell. I did the backing voices too.
http://www.esnips.com/displayimage.php?pid=21195577

Rap Cover from one of my fav horrorcore songs.
http://soundcloud.com/kurui/rap-vocal-test

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
Welcome Ivan!
You can definitely join! More piano players yay! And a singer :) Its pretty cool that you are studying music as a vocalist!

Welcome Kurui.
Just a singer. Thats fantastic, especially since you want to collab so much and have the perfect voice for something Ozzy and I have planned :)
Also those samples were fantastic, I'm very happy that someones actually posted something of what they can do! Yays!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
About time I joined this! I've been talking with CWP about this for weeks on IRC, so here we go!

Username: AlexOzzyCake
Instrument(s) played: Guitar & Piano; mostly guitar. :3
Are you willing to collaborate with other members: Most definitely!

Okay so I'm so hyped about our project! For those of you that don't know, me and CWP have been putting together a project for a Musician's Corner cover of God Knows (shown below) and we've been practicing hard! And Kurui, your voice fits it perfectly so make sure you join us! ;D Apparently we're getting a bassist already (?) so we need drums; c'mon out you drummers and join us! <3

CarefulWetPaint

Doctor Lobotomy
Years
About freaking time OZZY!! Welcome.

But yes everyone, Ozzy and I are collaborating on this song, and we are still actually looking for a bassist, first in first served!! Kurui I think your voice would fit it the best so I hope youre in as well!
We also need a drummer. Whose in? Either post here or VM/PM one of us if interested.

Kurui

Kageroza's Waifu
Years
YAY certainly. *listens to try and learn it* I hope we have a mixer guy/girl because I fail at mixing, though. I have a very high quality microphone though so they won't have to worry about recording quality from me (I invested in a Blue Yeti USB Condenser Mic ).

Back