• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Where do you hang around the most?

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Most of us have a place where we hang around in the game a lot. Like for intense battlers, some could be lurking around the renovated Battle Frontier. Maybe your a fisher and found around the clear blue sea?

Do you adore being surrounded by beautiful,untouched forests waiting to be explored? Or huge, modern cities filled with chatting people? Maybe even you're found in arenas or contest halls, dressed in an elegant dress or tuxedo...

Where do you hang around most in HG/SS or D/P/Pt. Why do you lurk around there? Share where you like to hang around here :D.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
In HGSS I had a variety of different areas where I'd often ponder around, train or try and find hidden items. The Elite Four was probably the place where I'm found the most, mainly due to the fact that while completeing my main journey, my pokemon were relatively undeleveled before facing them, so I used them as a training method, swithcing my weaker pokemon out with a stronger pokemon as soon as the battle had begun. I was also quite attracted toward Azalea town, I think it was due to Kurt and the balls he crafted, which I heavily relied upon to catch Entei, Suicune and Raikou.

In DPPt, having not played it in awhile, I can't quite remember where I'd usually hang around. I think when I got bored, I'd often just fly to random places around the region and cycle through already explored routes in hope to find something that I didn't uncover on my first exploration. I definitely can remember wandering around Victory Road quite a bit, (again, it was a good place to train), but other than that, I don't think I had really any.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
In my SS I'm at the Pokeathlon all the time lol, you can't get enough evolution stones haha. I'm also at the Elite Four alot too.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Usually I lurk around the Pokemon League to be honest. I'm an intense battler who loves level grinding, it just gives tremendous satisfaction. Although you don't gain experience from participating in the Battle Frontier, I loved getting prizes and beating hard trainers who gave me a challenge.

I used to hang around in the contest hall but now contests aren't my thing. They just don't have that spark I'm looking for anymore. Fishing is one of my Pokemon hobbies, I love standing around, fishing for beautiful Pokemon.

Ah and the Pokeathlon along with the National Park. On Tuesdays and Saturdays, I'd eagerly participate in the Bug Contest, it didn't matter whether I was a winner or not, at least it was something enjoyable!

The Pokeathlon tested my skills outside battling. Pokemon to me was more than battling and the Pokeathlon showed it. I adored participating in the Speed Course, even though I'd constantly fall over all those silly hurdles D:.

Years
The place I hang around the most in HeartGold would be Goldenrod City. It has the Game Corner, Radio Tower and GTS Building, as well as being right near the Pokeathlon Dome/National Park, and just north of the Daycare Center.

The only place I can recall spending a lot of time in Platinum was Jubilife City. It had the Lucky Number Drawing inside Jubilife TV and the GTS building, both of which I would check often.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
In Platinum, I hung out in the Battle Zone post-game because of the Battle Frontier there. In HG/SS, I hung around Goldenrod a lot because the Day Care Center was nearby.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
In Johto I was always either in the Battle Frontier or Pokéathlon. These two areas made the game amazing for me and I wasted soooo much time playing them both xD As for Sinnoh, I spent a lot of time in Eterna Forest and the area just outside it chaining for shinies (Buizel/Buneary) and I also spent a lot of time in the Snowpoint mountains because they were sooooo cool n.n I just loved that whole area, it made the game feel so much more complete x]

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
In Johto I was always either in the Battle Frontier or Pokéathlon. These two areas made the game amazing for me and I wasted soooo much time playing them both xD As for Sinnoh, I spent a lot of time in Eterna Forest and the area just outside it chaining for shinies (Buizel/Buneary) and I also spent a lot of time in the Snowpoint mountains because they were sooooo cool n.n I just loved that whole area, it made the game feel so much more complete x]

I chain around Valley Windworks ^^, I'm hoping for the day I find that awesome,shiny Pachirisu xD.

White_Arcanine

Lonely and annoying.
Years
I don't have Platinum anymore but I really just hovered around and leveling my Pokemon. As for SS, I need to play that a little more. Yeah... Not really exciting when it comes to these things am I?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
I hang around the Resort Area a lot, especially in Platinum since my villa (aka my new home) is situated there. It's always interesting to see what new guests arrive to talk with.

I'm also known to explore Team Galactic's old headquarters from time to time.

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
Me? As of now, I'd hang around in the Battle Frontier...all in favor of beating down all of the Brains.

Bubbles987

Ace Trainer
Years
I'd have to say the Canalave Library. First off, the Canalave city music. It's so beautiful. I can just imagine myself leaning over the railing of a boat, hair blowing in the breeze, inhaling the sweet scent of the ocean, and pulling up to the docks...

Second, the books on Sinnoh. I know them all by heart ;) The myths of Sinnoh and it's philosophy always interested me! (Maybe I should start going to church?)

Ultimately, it's a beautiful city, and me loving the ocean, makes it even better.
One of the many reasons I love Sinnoh.

Years
It depands. If I am leveling up pokemon or trying to evolve them, I spend a lot of my time in that grass area before you entre the cave to battle Red.

For fun or to get items like stones, bug catching contest and Pokeathlon. I love it, its fun to play, and passes the time. It also near the day care centre.

Years
I usually am on Pearl the most because I've had it so long it's become the place where I collect and store all the pokémon from other games that are special or I want to keep..
I'm usually in Solaceon because of the daycare/hatching eggs or up at Route 229 leveling.

VERGUNDAI

RomHacker, Unity 3D Maker
Years
In Mt. Silver.

- Training with Red.
- Breathing the heavy air.
- Training my Pokemons, Pikachu lv.100, Shiny Gyrados lv.100, Shaymin(SKYFORM) lv 96, Shiny Charizard lv100, Lucario lv.97, and Darkrai lv.100.
- I stay there because my journey ended like Red in the Pokemon Journeys.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
In HGSS, I like to hang around in Goldenrod. It's my favorite town in the game, it has the daycare and access to Kanto by train.

Back