• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
Yep, it worked.
Thanks so much for all the help. (I fixed up the capital 'm' in my previous post too :cool:)

May I ask which tool you used to index it properly?
For anyone who is interested - I used this method (Photoshop):
1. Image, Mode, Indexed Colour
2. In the 'Forced:' drop-down menu, choose custom.
3. Make the first square in the palette the colour of your background.
4. Save the file.

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Yep, it worked.
Thanks so much for all the help. (I fixed up the capital 'm' in my previous post too :cool:)

May I ask which tool you used to index it properly?
For anyone who is interested - I used this method (Photoshop):
1. Image, Mode, Indexed Colour
2. In the 'Forced:' drop-down menu, choose custom.
3. Make the first square in the palette the colour of your background.
4. Save the file.

Well, usually that would work. I guess the palette got messed up somehow. Anyway, when indexing, make sure the Palette is set to Exact, and that Transparency is not enabled. As Forced, choose Custom, and set the first color as the background one. When you're done indexing, make sure the sprite has exactly 16 colors (Image > Mode > Color Table), and that the first one is the background one. If everything is fine, save and you're done.

Years
Hey Guyz! :)

I am just wondering if i could get some help with a few qeustions ? :) Simple and goes fast.

I have been looking for the Back trainer sprites and "front during the intro " sprites for Pokemon Emerald in Unlz-GBA and i am just wondering which GO-To and Pal i should choose to find them becuase i cant find them or its just me missing them.

And Also could you please name some programs to use for Emerald i am currently using AdvanceMap , Overworld , PKSV and such programs.

Edit : What is the script to get an pikachu in Emerald i am currently using this !

addpokemon PIKACHU 244 POTION 0x0 0x0 0x0

I receive the message like "Player Recived Pikachu" but i dont have any Pikachu on me.

Whats the problem? :)

Many thanks if you can help me! :)

Last edited:

Neutral12

The EV Trainer
Years
Ok I now indexed my custom trainer. But now when I tested him all the colors are messed up and the background of his sprite is not transparent. I'm guessing this has something to do with the pallete set but... What exactly is the problem now?

Samike360

Lover of May
Years
On my map, I activated the running shoes script in firered (setflag 0x82F). However, the running shoes completely don't work on this map, but they work fine on other maps. I've played around with settings in the header and made them the exact same as the other map, but it still won't work. Can anyone please tell me what the issue is?

Muffin™

Knows your age
Years
I have a question. I want all some of the people to disappear in my game. So I set all of their people ID to 1. But all of the people are gone before I do the hidesprite command except 1. Any help?

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
Ok I now indexed my custom trainer. But now when I tested him all the colors are messed up and the background of his sprite is not transparent. I'm guessing this has something to do with the pallete set but... What exactly is the problem now?
I had the exact same problem as you just several posts up, read HackMew's post for some info. Basically you need the background colour of your sprite in the first spot of the colour table. If you specify what program you were using to index the pic I might be able to help some more. Also if you could upload a picture to show us the messed colours, that could help too :P

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I have a question. I want all some of the people to disappear in my game. So I set all of their people ID to 1. But all of the people are gone before I do the hidesprite command except 1. Any help?

Do not use such low flags. The game will clear them automatically.

Maco

learning the ropes...
Years
With my new inserted sprites, what would happen if the pokemon was shiny? Would the palettes have to be changed using APE for the shiny pokemon to show correctly?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
With my new inserted sprites, what would happen if the pokemon was shiny? Would the palettes have to be changed using APE for the shiny pokemon to show correctly?

If you didn't change the shiny palette, then it would use the old one. FYI, you can change it even by using unLZ; once you located the sprite, press Next Pal and import the same sprite with the shiny palette, but checking only the "Import Palette" option and nothing else.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2010
stop ignoring me guys >.> i realy need help >.>
all warps work only this one not i need help :(

warps coordinates are corret
eveything is fine but i get black screen when i warp :(

(the video is in the link above)

cumpz fiox

rokrdude

POKEMON : SINNOH QUEST CREATOR
Years
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
stop ignoring me guys >.> i realy need help >.>
all warps work only this one not i need help :(

warps coordinates are correct
eveything is fine but i get black screen when i warp :(

(the video is in the link above)

cumpz fiox

I can recommend u to do 2 things:-

1)Make sure in the map u wraped to the point using block editor u need to chamge the tile type to wrap

Try the following (from advance map tutorial by link)

Tile Events

Tiles, like most other things, are able to be interacted with in the game. Examles of which include: the tall grass, the PC and even warps.
Tile events are edited in the first textbox of the Behavior byte:

Blockeditor.png

People ask me alot why a warp on their map isn't working and it usually comes back to a tile issue. A warp will not run if the tile it's on does not have the behavior byte 61 00. If you look, the byte 61 means use warp.

2)All the wraps should have the same unknown no.(like if it is 0 it should be 0 for all wraps in the map)
(I'm not sure about this)

Hope it helps:)

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I think I worded that wrong. I ment the number under the event ID. I forget its name.

Oh, so you meant the people number then? Well, you shouldn't have the same value for more than one person.

Late

Pokémon Artist
Years
Haven't hacked for a while and now I have just started trying to make own tiles.
I have one problem: How can I make grass animation to work...
I tried to make new grass and I guessed right I need to find it's animation.
I have nice looking grass but when I step to it, it has the animation and turns into normal looking grass (and my own again when I step off).

How can I change another pictures so I can get animation working? Can I find it from the Unlz gba?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
How can I change another pictures so I can get animation working? Can I find it from the Unlz gba?

All those animations are not compressed, so you won't find them in unLZ (unLZ can only find compressed data). You need to use a tile editor.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2010
I can recommend u to do 2 things:-

1)Make sure in the map u wraped to the point using block editor u need to chamge the tile type to wrap

Try the following (from advance map tutorial by link)

Tile Events

Tiles, like most other things, are able to be interacted with in the game. Examles of which include: the tall grass, the PC and even warps.
Tile events are edited in the first textbox of the Behavior byte:

Blockeditor.png

People ask me alot why a warp on their map isn't working and it usually comes back to a tile issue. A warp will not run if the tile it's on does not have the behavior byte 61 00. If you look, the byte 61 means use warp.

2)All the wraps should have the same unknown no.(like if it is 0 it should be 0 for all wraps in the map)
(I'm not sure about this)

Hope it helps:)
ty for the sugestions it wasnt that my problem but i figured it out
i changed map width and heigh to 17 (and that messed up i guess)
i changed the witdh and heigh to the orginal's for a house and it worked

i have some more questions:
how do i insert tiles?
i have here some awsome tiles but i have no idea how i add those tiles ...
when ever i try it says something about pallets and the other one gives a random error
--------------------------------------
and another question in new maps the background is kinda messed up
example: normaly in a house you see the walls and outside the walls it black

in the new maps i added have a blue glitchy background ... how do i change that?

cumpz fiox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back