• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Your starter?

Years
I chose the Water-type starter, as usual. I loved how Fennekin looked though. I nearly went for him.

Froakie, and his evolutions, are the best, however.

EagleVision1999

Commander
Years
I chose Fennekin and liked it allright, but it did not become a permanent member of my team. The reason for that is the event Torchic that was avaiable at the beginning. I kind of ended up using that instead of the regular starters and am quite happy with that. It's fully evolved and Level 100 now. I think it's also the only event Pokemon I've ever used regularly.

La Espada

Captain Ressentiment
Years
My first choice was Froakie which was the perfect choice for me. I've used the other two before but they never manage to keep a spot on my team for long.

Monophobia

Already Dead
Years
Fennekin was my starter choice. Froakie was a close second. I mean, I like Froakie's evolutionary chain, but keeping Fennekin cute and adorable with an Everstone was a better option for me.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I chose Fennekin, because it's cute-looking, and I like it even more when it grows into Delphox the wizard, and it helps me win the battles a lot.

Years
I picked chespin. I've always liked the grass starters. But it did disappoint me.. All the kilos starters actually. I quickly replaced it with a shiny Azurill from my brother's version of X.

Years
I got Fennekin. I decided before they came out, that I wanted Fennekin. He stayed on my team for the entire game, and now he's a Level 98 Braixen.
...Yeah. I didn't want to evolve him completely because I named him Lavi, like a character in an anime, and Delphox looks like a girl. :P

On X I got Chespin and named him Allen, after another character from the same anime, and he's fully evolved and a part of my team forever.
I never get rid of my starter, I get attached to them. ^_^;

Years
I chose Chespin. I've been in the grass camp pretty firmly since the introduction of the original 3. I used Quilladin pretty heavily up until the...fourth gym, I think? But then he evolved into Chesnaught and I was no longer ok with it...

#shallow

oshimas

소중한 이 내 맘 모두 나 그대에게
Years
I chose fennekin! i'm super biased with fire types, and well.. I really loved how it earned the psychic typing after fully evolving. c: I also trained the other two starters as well(thanks to wonder trade) and I really liked froakie. (it's hidden ability is perfect)

Years
I went with Chespin, because of his monstrous defense and good attack Chesnaught! I have been killing lately!
As for Kanto... Modest Squirtle, although u guys already probably new that!! He's my #1! I litteraly took down 3 Charizards, and 1 of them mega Charizard X!
<------

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2015
I went for Fennekin during my in-game run in X.

Now that I know more about the other starters and their evolutions, I really wish that I never picked Fennekin in the first place. Both Chespin and Froakie seem like they're much better Starters than that fire breathing fox.

Years
  • Seen Jul 2, 2023
I went with Froakie, and it served me well. I preferred by Kanto starter (Squirtle), mainly because I like the Kanto starters better and Blastoise is my favorite Pokemon, but my Greninja saw plenty of use. Without Protean, it's not too useful competitively, but at least it has perfect speed and is EV trained. I've been happy with my starter choice, though honestly, X was easy enough that it really made no difference which starter I went with anyway.

Years
Froakie master race. Only chose it because Greninja is the only 3rd evolution that actually looks decent. The other two were easily the most disappointing final evolutions in the series so far. Greninja looks good though so yeah that's the only thing that influenced my decision.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
I went with Froakie on my Y version, which was the version I got on release day. Froakie was always my favorite of the three, and Greninja is a powerhouse.

In X, I went with Fennekin. Delphox is pretty cool.

And if I ever play through Kalos again, I will go with Chespin.

Years
Always chose water types so I stuck with Froakie. Which actually ended up working out quite nicely because when I acquired Torchic, I had the best of both worlds in the beginning.

Yvonne

♥ Kalos Queen ♥
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 29, 2015
I chose Fennekin, I almost always choose the fire starter. I love foxes and the added psychic secondary typing is a huge bonus. Braixen is one of my favorite XY designs, it has such a mischievous little witch look that I just love.

Years
  • Seen Sep 18, 2020
Fennekin. I generally dispose of starters as I prefer not to have an exceptional monster on my team like some previleged special snowflake. This one, however, I actually particularly liked as something to take to the endgame. Even so, I don't think I kept it quite as far as the Elite Four. Just a shame about the strange ear fur of its evolutionary forms; still, cut that short and you'll have a waifu to match Gardevoir!

Years
When the starters were originally released, I was thinking Fennekin for sure cause OMG another fire fox after Vulpix/Ninetales just seemed too good to be true lol, and then after the later evolutions were introduced I immediately switched allegiance to Froakie's line. The design, ninja aspect and the antics of Ash's Froakie in the anime have all assured me that I made the right decision lol :)

Back