• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Shiny Gold!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
You hacking fast Zel.
Again Betas get better and better. I only checked her once or twice since the PokeBeeper was announced.
Oh, I have a question for Zel. When did you start hacking ShinyGold?
Well here is a link to the old thread. -> Shiny Gold
I'm guessing it wasn't to far apart from the first post on that thread.
If its September, I'm guessing it was started in August.

Last edited:

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
Hmmm... This new grass.. I don't really like it. It appears that the blades are a bit too big and the colour is brighter than what I'm used to with SG... I suppose I'll get used to itthough :P Game's still looking awesome!

Years
The thing is that I have something planned for that "extra" HM (something planned to make more field moves available), so, as of now, Clamperl or any other Poke that learns it naturally.
If you're not gonna make it an HM, why not make a re-buyable TM? Or a Move Tutor that teaches Whirlpool over and over again?

Anyway, good luck with your hack =D
I love the new grass =D

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
Hi zel!
I have a question...
are you gonna make the trainer sprites like in D/P?
if you are the sprites will kinda match the game's overworld.

and I love the new overworld changes they are so D/P styled =)

Shiun Enshidia

The Demon Nicknamer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 29, 2020
I must admit, the grass is amazing. This is slowly becomming less of a hack and more of the next version of Pokemon...I mean the games have been screaming for a remake, knowing Nintendo, this IS the remake.
Good Luck with whatever is left to do, You have my support.

Nicolas

O c t o j a R e j s t r o m
Years
I can't seem to get to the director in goldenrod...=(
can anyone help me? help will be much appreciated....

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Hey I've found some tile-errors in one of the screens you posted.

By the way I just love the new grass and palettes.

//44tim44

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
cool, it's cool that you can buy bagon now. it is one of my favorite pokemon.

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
if zel hasen't decided about were mew will go maybe he can make
faraway island with the mew event.lol.

palkey1

noobie hacker ( very bad )
Years

or he could put it in after completeing the pokedex for two regions

the pokemon you get a mew or.... jirachi or celebie

Last edited:

shinygoldash

bagel-meister ;)
Years
celebi and jirachi have been added.. zel said quie a while ago,jirachi will be in route...nt saying but a route in kanto.celebi is in ilex forest with gs ball event.

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
maybe jirache would be in a event near moont moon, as jirache has strong conection to space and mt.moon too.
it would be logical if jirachi was there

iTeruri

iAm
Years
I like the new tiles. I like the effort you put in this hack: the phone boothes, the legendairy dogs, Johto and the Kanto region from Gold.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
shiny gold looks better and better every time i see it but would be nice to have cinabar change and have an event.

As I said before no. Because I want to please everyone, so I leave a few things as in the original, and a few others I apply some changes. Basically I repeat: I don't like changing the geography.

The grass looks cute:) I really am excited for beta 5. Also(silly suggestion) even though it's almost like the show thing, will you make any way to befriend a legendary and call upon their assistance in some circumstances?

The idea is not bad, but I have already thought of everything related to the legendaries. Maybe some other hacker can make use of your idea. Doesn't sound that hard to implement, if you are a medium or higher-experienced scripter.

zel,

This looks GREAT I do hope you get the Radio working (b5?) and well...
NICE job so far

-New to PokeCommuinty CpuDuDe11

Sorry, but I have already added many new features in this B5. I want to have a few more for the next one.

Um... the new grass looks sort of... odd...
(No offense but I sorta liked the B4 grass better)

Well, it's a matter of opinion, as you can see, some people have liked it, while some others not. In the end, you know it's all down to my decision, which is: "it stays, 'cause I like it and don't want to change it again"

Oh, I have a question for Zel. When did you start hacking ShinyGold?

If its September, I'm guessing it was started in August.

In fact, I posted that thread on September, but I had another thread before that (though very few people would remember now. It was originally destroyed because of a backup made on Pokecommunity, which also destroyed entirely the Documents/Tutorials and the Toolbox sections), and it was posted sometime around August (we were having lots of Database problems back then, and PC was closed for almost a month)

Anyway, I even started my hack WAY before that. I started it on May/June of 2006, so I took a few months till I decided to post it, 'cause you know me, I always like to have a lot of work done before posting it (which is something a lot of hackers could take as advice ;))

Thanks for the nostalgic moment... Nostalgia... (I'm so smart making word games... XP)

If you're not gonna make it an HM, why not make a re-buyable TM? Or a Move Tutor that teaches Whirlpool over and over again?

For the move tutor, remember that I cannot edit the move they taught (but, with so much stuff being discovered lately, I don't doubt it'll be known soon), for the TM, I don't know what to take from the list. I'm reluctanct to touch anything there (anything anywhere, in fact -_-)

Hi zel!
I have a question...
are you gonna make the trainer sprites like in D/P?
if you are the sprites will kinda match the game's overworld.

and I love the new overworld changes they are so D/P styled =)

You mean like, being those "big headed" overworlds? No... I hate them...

I just put a few DP graphics, but that doesn't mean the hack will be DP styled (wait for a DP remake for that)

Hey I've found some tile-errors in one of the screens you posted.

By the way I just love the new grass and palettes.

//44tim44

Oh, minor mapping errors. Thanks, but I prefer such kind of things were not posted. If I start accepting those kind of problems, then a lot of other tiles problems will start getting reported and I prefer to leave that stuff for when I have to make the final release of the game.

I put on my paper something about a new island with Mew, don't know if that means something like Faraway Island or not. Guess I left room for my creativity there ;)

maybe jirache would be in a event near moont moon, as jirache has strong conection to space and mt.moon too.
it would be logical if jirachi was there

Jirachi on Mt.Moon sounds better than what I had implemented, but, meh... I have put it already, and the event is quite surprising, as long as you manage to figure out what to do.

whats the progress zel?...we understand u have university, just keep at it and dont give up XD

Well, a new weekend starts and if I manage to have a break between my Uni Stuff I'll keep practicing more music inserting (getting better results now), and... I don't know... Really... (*A bit confused right now*)

is there a new legendary at b5

You should read a few posts before asking, usually to follow the conversation flow. The new B5 legendaries were mentioned already.

Tired... But happy... :)

Gerri Shin

  
Years
I know you say you want to stick to original gold as much as possible, but I'm just a little curious. are you going to implement the battle tower and trainer hill anywhere. (i also remember you saying that you're NOT sticking in the BF, but seeing as those 2 features were in FR anyway...)

Years
  • Seen Nov 2, 2023
This hack is starting to get really really good, i would say this is better than anything nintendo can do with pokemon.
well, this is not entirely true because if there wasn't any nintendo pokemon games this hack wouldn't be possible

Back